OCBC Voyage Card

louist

Reaction score
Thanks for highlighting a case where it seems fair for customer not to be offered a full waiver. I understand that it will really have to go by a case-by-case basis, but am I right to say that in general, if the cardmember has not utilised any benefits (e.g. renewal miles) from the upcoming membership year, a full waiver for ASF should be possible if the customer proceeds with card cancellation?

Appreciate the clarification!

Good morning louist,

Thank you for the feedback. We are not able to provide a definite “Yes/No” answer as the circumstance for each cardholder may be different.
For example, if a customer has utilised the renewal miles, we will not be able to offer a full waiver.
Please be assured that we are committed to offer a customized solution to all scenarios that is fair and appropriate.

We note that you will be sending us a secured message regarding your Voyage account. Once you’ve emailed us, feel free to drop us a PM indicating the email 16 digit reference number, and we will arrange for our service executive to get in touch with you asap.

^Sh

Last edited:

louist

Reaction score
Thought I'd update since the internet banking folks have gotten back to me:
(I've bolded the key line for emphasis)

Your OCBC Voyage Card (no. ending with xxxx) will enjoy automatic annual fees waiver when you charge at least S$60,000 in the membership year to your card.

Please note that once the annual fee is charged we may be unable to waive it even if the card is cancelled. Your annual fee will be charged in xyz 2018

It seems that even when my specific card account is known, OCBC is unable to give a straight answer on whether or not annual fee will be waived when the card is cancelled.

My underlying question is (to me) actually rather straightforward - if a user cancels his card without having consumed any of the following year's benefits, will the annual fee still be charged? This is a public forum - by refusing to make a clear stance, you are scaring customers like myself off.

Really wish we could gain some clarity on the matter. Thanks.

Thanks for highlighting a case where it seems fair for customer not to be offered a full waiver. I understand that it will really have to go by a case-by-case basis, but am I right to say that in general, if the cardmember has not utilised any benefits (e.g. renewal miles) from the upcoming membership year, a full waiver for ASF should be possible if the customer proceeds with card cancellation?

Appreciate the clarification!

Last edited:

Thai_Rak_Thai

Master Member
Reaction score
Didn't manage to spend the SGD60,000 to get the full annual fee waiver but can confirm OCBC did present some options with regards to this (won't go into specifics as maybe it is tailored for each client spending habits):

- Full fee waiver but deducting large amount of Voyage Miles, and no further credit of Voyage Miles

- Partial Annual Fee payment with no credit of Voyage Miles

- Standard Annual Fee payment with increased allocation of Voyage Miles

260Wolskel

Reaction score
Didn't manage to spend the SGD60,000 to get the full annual fee waiver but can confirm OCBC did present some options with regards to this (won't go into specifics as maybe it is tailored for each client spending habits):

- Full fee waiver but deducting large amount of Voyage Miles, and no further credit of Voyage Miles

- Partial Annual Fee payment with no credit of Voyage Miles

- Standard Annual Fee payment with increased allocation of Voyage Miles

How did they present this to you? Before or after the annual fee was billed? Did they offer this to you without asking or only when asked?

Thai_Rak_Thai

Master Member
Reaction score
How did they present this to you? Before or after the annual fee was billed? Did they offer this to you without asking or only when asked?

i called OCBC after i received my statement with the annual fee. I asked about the annual fee as I didn't see it last year, that's how i found out about the SGD60,000 spend I did previously. I just asked what my options were and they came back to me with those choices. No hassle at all

talan_z

Reaction score
VOYAGE Tax Payment Facility

Dear OCBC,

Is my understanding correct that I earn 1.2 miles (1.6 miles for premier) for each $ that I request through the VOYAGE Tax Payment Facility?
Please confirm.

Thank you,
Talan

OCBC Bank

Suspended
Reaction score
Dear OCBC,

Is my understanding correct that I earn 1.2 miles (1.6 miles for premier) for each $ that I request through the VOYAGE Tax Payment Facility?
Please confirm.

Thank you,
Talan

Hi Talan,

The miles given will be 1 mile for every dollar.

^DG

jermss

Reaction score
Has anybody dealt with Voyage Exchange recently? Can i just say the service is horrible?

I recently call in and ask for a quote for a redemption of Singapore to Mongolia and also reflected that SQ is offering 48k miles redemption for Krisflyer. I was told to please email them instead so here is the entire email correspondent:

Here is the conversation:
Hi Voyage team,

Can I please get a quote for:

Departure: **th July 2019, Singapore to Ulaanbaatar.
Return: **th or **th August 2019, uUlaanbaatar to Singapore.

It will be for 2 pax and we will like to know how much miles we need for ALL STAR ALLIANCE flight and alternative.

Currently, SQ is quoting 48000 miles for departure and return.

Please feel free to contact me at 9******* if you need further clarifications.

Thank you,
Jerms

Reply from Voyage:
Dear Member,

Thank you for your query. Will you please clarify the class of travel?

Currently you have 151,800 VM in your account. For Ulaanbaatar as a destination these miles are worth roughly SGD 1000 for Economy Class and roughly SGD 4500 in Business Class.

My Reply:
Hi *******,

I am looking at Economy and what you are saying is 151,800 miles are worth $1000 in total?

Krisflyer is offering me 48000 miles per pax which is only 96000 miles in total.

Reply from Voyage:
Yes Jerms. The redemption value of the Voyage Miles differs depending upon destination, class of travel, airline and even the date of travel.

Reply from me:
okay so what is the total miles I need redeem for my flight? Not really replying to my question here no?

no reply since...

not sure is this the sort of service to expect or perhaps I am rude because of how 151k miles is only worth $1000.

Tiger9119

Reaction score
Has anybody dealt with Voyage Exchange recently? Can i just say the service is horrible?

I recently call in and ask for a quote for a redemption of Singapore to Mongolia and also reflected that SQ is offering 48k miles redemption for Krisflyer. I was told to please email them instead so here is the entire email correspondent:

Hi Voyage team,

It will be for 2 pax and we will like to know how much miles we need for ALL STAR ALLIANCE flight and alternative.

Thank you,
Jerms

Reply from Voyage:
Dear Member,

Currently you have 151,800 VM in your account. For Ulaanbaatar as a destination these miles are worth roughly SGD 1000 for Economy Class and roughly SGD 4500 in Business Class.

My Reply:
Hi *******,

I am looking at Economy and what you are saying is 151,800 miles are worth $1000 in total?

Krisflyer is offering me 48000 miles per pax which is only 96000 miles in total.

Reply from Voyage:
Yes Jerms. The redemption value of the Voyage Miles differs depending upon destination, class of travel, airline and even the date of travel.

Reply from me:
okay so what is the total miles I need redeem for my flight? Not really replying to my question here no?

no reply since...

not sure is this the sort of service to expect or perhaps I am rude because of how 151k miles is only worth $1000.

Voyage Miles have nothing to do with Krisflyer.
Voyage Miles will be used to "buy" commercial/revenue tickets for you.

To use VM to redeem tickets to Ulaanbaatar, basically you have only 2 choices.

SIN-PEK-ULN-PEK-SIN by Air China
SIN-SEL-ULN-SEL-SIN by Korean Air

If you mixed different airlines in the itinerary, the cost of the air ticket will be very high, which will mean you will use more VM.

You should ask them to quote you the number VM needed to redeem ticket for the routing I mentioned above. You need to give them the travel dates.

If you are redeeming ticket using VM, make sure you use cash for the taxes/surcharge portion. If not, the value of VM is very bad.

If you are redeeming tickets on Air China, I think it is better to redeem tickets through Krisflyer/Star Alliance. Air China is part of Star Alliance.

For Korean Air, you can try to use VM.

jermss

Reaction score
Voyage Miles have nothing to do with Krisflyer.
Voyage Miles will be used to "buy" commercial/revenue tickets for you.

To use VM to redeem tickets to Ulaanbaatar, basically you have only 2 choices.

SIN-PEK-ULN-PEK-SIN by Air China
SIN-SEL-ULN-SEL-SIN by Korean Air

If you mixed different airlines in the itinerary, the cost of the air ticket will be very high, which will mean you will use more VM.

You should ask them to quote you the number VM needed to redeem ticket for the routing I mentioned above. You need to give them the travel dates.

If you are redeeming ticket using VM, make sure you use cash for the taxes/surcharge portion. If not, the value of VM is very bad.

If you are redeeming tickets on Air China, I think it is better to redeem tickets through Krisflyer/Star Alliance. Air China is part of Star Alliance.

For Korean Air, you can try to use VM.

Thanks for the advice.

i gave them travel dates, exact ones, i just blank them out for posting here.

I have also told them if they could quote me for Star Alliance partners or provide me with an alternative. Perhaps my email is not clear. perhaps if that was the case they could call me?

Tiger9119

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice.

i gave them travel dates, exact ones, i just blank them out for posting here.

I have also told them if they could quote me for Star Alliance partners or provide me with an alternative. Perhaps my email is not clear. perhaps if that was the case they could call me?

Ask them to quote you the following:

SIN-PEK CA970 2325/0530* Date
PEK-ULN CA901 0830/1050 Date
ULN-PEK CA902 1150/1355 Date
PEK-SIN CA969 1535/2155 Date

Since KE flights from Seoul to Ulaanbaatar have different time and flight number, will be difficult for me to list it here.

Mebeater

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is the voyage card for PPC not entitled to unlimited complimentary one way transfers from home to airport anymore?

Senghang

Reaction score
Ten Lifestyle Group versus John Paul

Hi members, did anyone using Voyage noticed a decrease on service since Voyage changed service company to Lifestyle Group from John Paul?

I had two incidents where I asked them to provide me with information with clubs / bar in Singapore. They gave me wrong information both of the time and I needed to validate the information provided. What is the point of a concierge?

Anyone else noticed a difference since the change?

Senghang

Reaction score
Jermss, haven't used them for Mileage claim but yes I have observed an decrease of service level since Ten Lifestyle Group, it's not been good at all.

Hi Voyage team,

Thank you,
Jerms

Reply from Voyage:
Dear Member,

My Reply:
Hi *******,

Reply from Voyage:

Reply from me:

no reply since...

260Wolskel

Reaction score
Hi members, did anyone using Voyage noticed a decrease on service since Voyage changed service company to Lifestyle Group from John Paul?

I had two incidents where I asked them to provide me with information with clubs / bar in Singapore. They gave me wrong information both of the time and I needed to validate the information provided. What is the point of a concierge?

Anyone else noticed a difference since the change?

Yes! Service level of the new provider is terrible!

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.