Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it

• Need someone to talk to?
    Feeling down, anxious and need help? Mindline.sg has helpful resources for you. More info
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zane601000

Reaction score
For your info.

Any lawyer fees will be bored by you as billed to your account.

Worst case scenario is that they can apply Court to seize.. and in the long run you may be made bankrupt.

Although the cost may be small in the very beginning it will definitely increase as time goes on and continue to grow larger.

In the end your debt will grow in multiply times and become a major issue to you.
No lah lml wants minimal leceh stuff.. They would prefer you go debt counselling volunteer for those loan maybe below 5k..they would profit more.. For an info even if lml close shop or decided not to renew business they can still continue to collect from debtors for the next 7 years..

Zane601000

Reaction score
No lah lml wants minimal leceh stuff.. They would prefer you go debt counselling volunteer for those loan maybe below 5k..they would profit more.. For an info even if lml close shop or decided not to renew business they can still continue to collect from debtors for the next 7 years..

With debt counselling volunteers lml can charge 99% of your loan.. If u loan $400.. Instead of paying $420.. They have the right to take from you $800..

Aion99

Reaction score

Not very understand this part "closed shop still can collect for 7 years?" Any further readings to support this?

The issue is how long can they continue to charge for the 4% additional late interest charges and $60 late fees per month. If monthly normal 4% + additional late interest of 4% + $60, easily within 12 months the oustanding amount will be doubled.

If after 120 days, never paid a single cent, they have to classified the loan as bad debt, then all of the interest and fees counting will be stopped, isn't this option is much better?
Compare to counselling which could easily need to pay double over 12 months?

Last edited:

Zane601000

Reaction score
Not very understand this part "closed shop still can collect for 7 years?" Any further readings to support this?

The issue is how long can they continue to charge for the 4% additional late interest charges and $60 late fees per month. If monthly normal 4% + additional late interest of 4% + $60, easily within 12 months the oustanding amount will be doubled.

If after 120 days, never paid a single cent, they have to classified the loan as bad debt, then all of the interest and fees counting will be stopped, isn't this option is much better?
Even bad debt they can still collect.. This is to protect the lml interest..usually they'll go for what your capital loan is with them with interest or not I'm not sure.. But they have 7 years to close all accounts.. Take ppl who r on bankrupt n under DRS.. That's y the 7 years

mahjong saint

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

why do u wanna risk something like that..

bad debts doesn't mean they will write it off and u need not repay

Ray1969

Reaction score

Whatever situation or duration, total intetest late fees etc etc, i.e. total cost is cap at 100% of principle sum.

https://www.straitstimes.com/business/banking/new-curbs-on-moneylending-fees-interest-begin-today

Plzhalp

Reaction score
Mine quiet long long aft I block them.
U install cctv?

How Long...? Recently I just got forced transferred my last LS....I reported to the police already....Stopped replying, paying closed bank account....at first thought can end of nicely cos the amount quite small...but in the end want pattern then I also pattern lo....thinking if I shld change my number again....

Stupidme!

Reaction score
Bros and sis , so far any harassment done to you guys ? My AL been super quiet .. have a feeling gonna come soon
Hi All, this is the first time in my life I borrowed to LS as in the beginning I thought that it was licensed moneylender as when I made enquiry they told me that it's licensed moneylender but now they improving the service whereby you can submit all your documents online. It has been few months I payment to them no issue, but as time goes by I need to loan more as I don't have money anymore to pay, after that this person told me that he can loan out up to 6k for me so that I can pay all my debt to other LS and I just stick to 1, in the end he cheated me he transferred money to my account without my consent 700 and the next day he msg me that he transferred the money already but that one is for trial loan first, I told him that I don't want that amount Im didn't request for that and why u transferred the money without my consent, so I want to return it and he gave me the account number and I transferred back to him, after few minutes he told me that he wants another 2k as I broke the contract which is i Never had agreement for this. And started to threaten me and called my husband and my home number, my husband got a shock and I kena big time, and he direct me to make police report and we went together and made report, and he started to send us the burning house video and all those scary threaten and also threaten me will make me lose my job, now I don't know what to do, as all the 5 LS that I borrowed started to call me ask for money, but I don't have money anymore and my bank account is now under police investigation. Please kindly advise me what I should do now?

Thank you

JamieJimmyNg

Master Member
Reaction score
First of all, you need to close your bank account. Stop paying those AL cos it will never end. Also, go and install cctv.

A few runners were being caught after they got captured by the cctv recordings. For now, just brace yourself for the harassments. No need to bother to pay them a single cent.

Hi All, this is the first time in my life I borrowed to LS as in the beginning I thought that it was licensed moneylender as when I made enquiry they told me that it's licensed moneylender but now they improving the service whereby you can submit all your documents online. It has been few months I payment to them no issue, but as time goes by I need to loan more as I don't have money anymore to pay, after that this person told me that he can loan out up to 6k for me so that I can pay all my debt to other LS and I just stick to 1, in the end he cheated me he transferred money to my account without my consent 700 and the next day he msg me that he transferred the money already but that one is for trial loan first, I told him that I don't want that amount Im didn't request for that and why u transferred the money without my consent, so I want to return it and he gave me the account number and I transferred back to him, after few minutes he told me that he wants another 2k as I broke the contract which is i Never had agreement for this. And started to threaten me and called my husband and my home number, my husband got a shock and I kena big time, and he direct me to make police report and we went together and made report, and he started to send us the burning house video and all those scary threaten and also threaten me will make me lose my job, now I don't know what to do, as all the 5 LS that I borrowed started to call me ask for money, but I don't have money anymore and my bank account is now under police investigation. Please kindly advise me what I should do now?

Thank you

Stupidme!

Reaction score
First of all, you need to close your bank account. Stop paying those AL cos it will never end. Also, go and install cctv.

A few runners were being caught after they got captured by the cctv recordings. For now, just brace yourself for the harassments. No need to bother to pay them a single cent.
OK, I will do that but I'm worried about my job, how should I inform my boss as the LS I'm very sure that they will call to my office sooner or later can you advise me

Jjlin1205

Reaction score

Thank you
Just wait for them to come..they come harass u then police got job to do..no need scare those video.treat as netflix lo..install a CCTV to capture those **** face if they come harass

lonewolf909

Reaction score

Do not pay criminals and report to police now install CCTV and re start your life and co operate with the police . Stop all payments that's the only way to break their business . Even the runners are debtors and these debtors nowadays also think twice before harrasing you .also STOP Legal money lenders also !

Start enjoying your life and save money for your own self and families . Here we all stop paying and co operate with the police .

JamieJimmyNg

Master Member
Reaction score
Isn’t it what I advised her as well? Duh

Do not pay criminals and report to police now install CCTV and re start your life and co operate with the police . Stop all payments that's the only way to break their business . Even the runners are debtors and these debtors nowadays also think twice before harrasing you .also STOP Legal money lenders also !

Start enjoying your life and save money for your own self and families . Here we all stop paying and co operate with the police .

JamieJimmyNg

Master Member
Reaction score
This is the part you need to prepare yourself and explain to your boss. Cos those AL will keep calling non stop. That’s what they are good at. See if your boss is able to understand to this situation.

OK, I will do that but I'm worried about my job, how should I inform my boss as the LS I'm very sure that they will call to my office sooner or later can you advise me

Reaction score
Guys anyone been down to jb for loan from their "LML" before ?

Earlier on Sept I received msg that they do loan and Singaporean is allowed to get big amount . So I went down to thier office at JB . Go there as expected .. they only offer in rm and sgd .. and they go by deferment type of loan .. 4000rm take back 3200 . 800 to defer per month or clear 4040 . Now I'm due and late 1 day . They told me 5% per day .. PER DAy So rm 200 per late day .. guys advice on what I can do as I'm not sure if they are legal .. but they have an office and I sign for some forms.

Zane601000

Reaction score
Guys anyone been down to jb for loan from their "LML" before ?

Earlier on Sept I received msg that they do loan and Singaporean is allowed to get big amount . So I went down to thier office at JB . Go there as expected .. they only offer in rm and sgd .. and they go by deferment type of loan .. 4000rm take back 3200 . 800 to defer per month or clear 4040 . Now I'm due and late 1 day . They told me 5% per day .. PER DAy So rm 200 per late day .. guys advice on what I can do as I'm not sure if they are legal .. but they have an office and I sign for some forms.
Yup I have that but I'm not taking more ****.. I only do what our gov can control..this 1 don't play..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.