Malaysia prepaid card

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
the op may not be asking for free basic internet. even if he is, we should advise him to pay for data. only rm1 per day.

i think you are confused by the stingy ah neh of maxis. only maxis stops you from using data altogether if your number is reactivated via non-revenue channels.

Thanks for info. :)

hwarzoner

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Currently at yong peng bought RM8 Digi best prepaid come with this SMS You have been granted with free Internet 1GB/day (12am-8am) for life and one time 300MB, redeem now by dialling *888*1#

VacheronLim

Reaction score
have read post #6757 which helps to understand how the SLL works in extending prepaid card validity, can someone help clarify if my understanding (below) is accurate please

the same set of information is applicable to Digi Live I believe?

so for the RM8 Digi Live starter pack, it's valid for 5 days upon activation, comes with RM5 worth of value, and 300MB of internet (this is basic internet at 64kbps speed)?

and whenever I need to extend the card's validity, or wish to purchase data plan, or top-up the stored value inside the card, I can do so via Digi App?

if i purchase RM1 for 24hrs of "Internet Cili Padi App Passes" for unlimited internet calls (wechat/whatsapp), the unlimited data is restricted to only data used on those 2 apps? so if I'm surfing net using browser it will be the basic internet 64kbps speed?

so in instance that I need data for general use I should purchase RM3 for "Internet Cili Padi Bonus Pass" instead?

Plurre

Reaction score
Just want to share my experience with the 1 day SLL method to maintain a digi live number.

After several rounds of buying 1 day SLL every 91 days (1+90), I exhausted the credit in my card. Left with rm0.01 (expired on 10 july), I scheduled myself to reload (instead of buying SLL) on 91st day, self-determined to be 8 oct.

Like always, I used shopee.com.my to purchase rm5 reload (at rm4.60 only!). Was informed by seller (5 star ratings from over a thousand buyers) that when he try to reload, it was rejected. I thought it might be because my card is terminated already. Perhaps I counted the days wrong.

But since i could still see my number in the digi app, I decided to take a chance and buy rm5 12 digit reload PIN on e-pay malaysia. Wah thankfully I reloaded successfully.

Shopee seller said most likely PIN method can, but he uses direct reload. He is also unsure why it couldn't work, maybe system limitations, plus I do not know my exact card termination date. In sg, card kept away so no sms from digi informing card termination date.

I got seller to reload my other digi card (best, in 75 day grace period as well but not on a last day basis like my digi live) instead and it worked.

I'm not sure if I counted my days wrongly for digi live. My digi live's credit "expired on 10 july", does it mean grace period starts on 10 july or 11 july? I thought its 11 july so I counted 90 days 11 july-8 oct. But maybe it was supposed to be 10july-7 october.

Anyway right now after e-pay reload my digi live says "valid till 13 october". So I'm assuming grace period starts 14 oct. Let me see whether on 14 oct the "valid till 13 oct" changes to "expired on 13 oct" or "expired on 14 oct". Maybe this was what caused my error.

@boonkang mentioned about buying 1 day SLL on 74th instead of 75th day. I cannot stress more how correct he is because there's always something that crops up and you're busy or you forget or you drag or you procrastinate. Or you count the dates wrong like me.

Last edited:

steven168z

Master Member
Reaction score
Just want to share my experience with the 1 day SLL method to maintain a digi live number.

After several rounds of buying 1 day SLL every 91 days (1+90), I exhausted the credit in my card. Left with rm0.01 (expired on 10 july), I scheduled myself to reload (instead of buying SLL) on 91st day, self-determined to be 8 oct.

Like always, I used shopee.com.my to purchase rm5 reload (at rm4.60 only!). Was informed by seller (5 star ratings from over a thousand buyers) that when he try to reload, it was rejected. I thought it might be because my card is terminated already. Perhaps I counted the days wrong.

But since i could still see my number in the digi app, I decided to take a chance and buy rm5 12 digit reload PIN on e-pay malaysia. Wah thankfully I reloaded successfully.

Shopee seller said most likely PIN method can, but he uses direct reload. He is also unsure why it couldn't work, maybe system limitations, plus I do not know my exact card termination date. In sg, card kept away so no sms from digi informing card termination date.

I got seller to reload my other digi card (best, in 75 day grace period as well but not on a last day basis like my digi live) instead and it worked.

I'm not sure if I counted my days wrongly for digi live. My digi live's credit "expired on 10 july", does it mean grace period starts on 10 july or 11 july? I thought its 11 july so I counted 90 days 11 july-8 oct. But maybe it was supposed to be 10july-7 october.

Anyway right now after e-pay reload my digi live says "valid till 13 october". So I'm assuming grace period starts 14 oct. Let me see whether on 14 oct the "valid till 13 oct" changes to "expired on 13 oct" or "expired on 14 oct". Maybe this was what caused my error.

@boonkang mentioned about buying 1 day SLL on 74th instead of 75th day. I cannot stress more how correct he is because there's always something that crops up and you're busy or you forget or you drag or you procrastinate. Or you count the dates wrong like me.

How is Digi signal in JB area?

boonkang

Reaction score
Just want to share my experience with the 1 day SLL method to maintain a digi live number...

Thank you for your above post in sharing your experience.

Your above post shows that -- possibly -- some top up method(s) may not work on the very last day of Digi prepaid inactive/grace period (due to whatever system limitations that exists).

Yes, do update us on this point.

AFAIK (As far as I know),
-- the "Valid till 13 Oct" should be changed to "Expired on 13 Oct" -- when you check the Digi app on 14th Oct.

Because the Digi app itself has regular updates, it may not be surprising if certain wordings/phrase used --- could be different/changed from time to time.

Personally, if I want to find out the last active date on any Digi prepaid SIM currently in inactive/grace period -- I just pop in the Digi SIM into my spare phone & dial USSD code *126# :)

Thank you.

Last edited:

Plurre

Reaction score
How is Digi signal in JB area?

It's pretty good in JB.

Thank you for your above post in sharing your experience.

Your above post shows that -- possibly -- some top up method(s) may not work on the very last day of Digi prepaid inactive/grace period (due to whatever system limitations that exists).

Yes, do update us on this point.

-- the "Valid till 13 Oct" should be changed to "Expired on 13 Oct" -- when you check the Digi app on 14th Oct.

Because the Digi app itself has regular updates, it may not be surprising if certain wordings/phrase used --- could be different/changed from time to time.

Personally, if I want to find out the last active date on any Digi prepaid SIM currently in inactive/grace period -- I just pop in the Digi SIM into my spare phone & dial USSD code *126# :)

Thank you.

Thanks for the advice. Sure, I will update here next week on whether validity/expiry date alters.

For USSD code, I can only do that when I am in Digi range without incurring $$? Does sending USSD code incur $$ when in SG? Considered roaming? I seldom visit malaysia so haven't tried USSD code before. I always count manually and well, you see how I screwed up haha.

Last edited:

boonkang

Reaction score
the same set of information is applicable to Digi Live I believe?

As far as inactive/grace period is concerned:
* Digi Best prepaid has 75days grace period
* Digi Live prepaid has 90days grace period

Buying RM1 SLL to extend validity works for both Digi Best & Digi Live prepaid.

Of course Digi Best & Digi Live prepaid have other differences -- but that's a separate discussion by itself.

so for the RM8 Digi Live starter pack, it's valid for 5 days upon activation, comes with RM5 worth of value, and 300MB of internet (this is basic internet at 64kbps speed)?

You already PAID RM8 to buy the Digi Live prepaid starter pack -- so the 300MB data that comes with the newly bought Digi Live prepaid is considerd as PAID data plan that you bought -- not the slow 64kbps FREE basic internet.

*Internet speed on the Digi Live prepaid will revert back to slow 64kbps once the 300MB data plan expired or you fully used up the 300MB mobile data quota.
*You can only access Internet on your Digi prepaid while your Digi prepaid is still active.

and whenever I need to extend the card's validity, or wish to purchase data plan, or top-up the stored value inside the card, I can do so via Digi App?

Yes, you can do most things using the Digi app:
* You can extend validity by buying SLL using the Digi app (OR via USSD code *128# during inactive/grace period).
* You can buy mobile data plan using the Digi app (OR via USSD code *116#).

(I've already mentioned above 2 points in my post #6757)

Yes, you can also do top up (called reload) using the Digi app; but there are many other methods to do reload:
-- i.e. buying reload pin or via various Websites that provide reload service for M'sia prepaid.

if i purchase RM1 for 24hrs of "Internet Cili Padi App Passes" for unlimited internet calls (wechat/whatsapp), the unlimited data is restricted to only data used on those 2 apps? so if I'm surfing net using browser it will be the basic internet 64kbps speed?

so in instance that I need data for general use I should purchase RM3 for "Internet Cili Padi Bonus Pass" instead?

Every now & then, Digi will come up with new prepaid data plans/offers.

For prepaid data plan(s) that caters specifically to certain apps or social apps only, it's usually difficult to understand exactly how it works by just reading marketing info -- unless a person has personally bought & use the specific data plan(s) many times before.

(personally, I avoid buying any data plan that caters specifically to certain apps or social apps only)

To get the most accurate answer pertaining to specific Digi prepaid data plan(s), it better to ask the question on the Digi community forums.

You can access the prepaid section of the Digi community forums at this link:
https://community.digi.com.my/t5/Prepaid/bd-p/aPrepaid

Hope the above helps.

Last edited:

boonkang

Reaction score
For USSD code, I can only do that when I am in Digi range without incurring $$? Does sending USSD code incur $$ when in SG? Considered roaming? I seldom visit malaysia so haven't tried USSD code before. I always count manually and well, you see how I screwed up haha.

*Digi prepaid supports roaming -- so you can use USSD codes on your Digi prepaid while in Singapore.
*Using USSD codes DO NOT incur any cost for Digi prepaid.

In fact,
I've used USSD code *128# -- many times already on my Digi prepaid (during grace period) to buy RM1 SLL -- while in SG :) (see post #4699)

-- unless specifically stated, usually using USSD codes do not incur any cost -- even when roaming :)

Personally,
* I've used USSD codes on my Digi prepaid -- in both SG & M'sia.
* I've also used USSD codes on my Starhub prepaid in SG & many other countries (M'sia, Thailand, HK, UK, Taiwan etc.)

Never yet encounter any cost incurred when using USSD codes.

Last edited:

steven168z

Master Member
Reaction score
It's pretty good in JB.

Thanks for the advice. Sure, I will update here next week on whether validity/expiry date alters.

it seem only KSL have some issues

koreanlover

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I have OneXOX sim card expiring in Dec.

Looks like it is better to buy a new OneXOX card with 28 month validity than to extend expiry for my current one?

tiertime

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
*Digi prepaid supports roaming -- so you can use USSD codes on your Digi prepaid while in Singapore.
*Using USSD codes DO NOT incur any cost for Digi prepaid.

In fact,
I've used USSD code *128# -- many times already on my Digi prepaid (during grace period) to buy RM1 SLL -- while in SG :) (see post #4699)

-- unless specifically stated, usually using USSD codes do not incur any cost -- even when roaming :)

Personally,
* I've used USSD codes on my Digi prepaid -- in both SG & M'sia.
* I've also used USSD codes on my Starhub prepaid in SG & many other countries (M'sia, Thailand, HK, UK, Taiwan etc.)

Never yet encounter any cost incurred when using USSD codes.

Thank you for sharing this valuable information

can anyone advise what does SLL stands for ?

darkmilk

Reaction score
Thank you for sharing this valuable information

can anyone advise what does SLL stands for ?
SLL stands for Digi's Super Long Life, which is a form of validity extension.

Refer to post #6757 for more information.

darkmilk

Reaction score
Yes, Digi Best prepaid has inactive/passive period of 75days...
If your Digi Best prepaid's validity is till 11th Sep 2018 -- that means your Digi Best prepaid is active till 11th Sep 2018.

After 11th Sep 2018, your Digi Best prepaid will become inactive/passive.

Inactive/passive period will be 11th Sep 2018 + 75days.
In this case -- inactive period will be from 12th Sep 2018 to 25th Nov 2018 (11th Sep 2018 + 75days ==> will be till 25th Nov 2018)

On 25th Nov 2018, if you extend/renew validity by buying RM1 SLL (Super Long Life), your Digi Best prepaid will be active again for 24hrs (1 day) -- till 26th Nov 2018.

After 26th Nov 2018, your Digi Best prepaid will become inactive/passive.

Inactive/passive period will be 26th Nov 2018 + 75days.

Is the above clear enough? :)

Also -- ANYTIME (during inactive/passive period) if you reload/top up -- your Digi prepaid will become active.
Each RM1 you reload gives you 1 day active for the Digi prepaid.

If you do a single reload of RM5, you get 5 days active period for your Digi prepaid.
If you do a single reload of RM10, you get 10 days active period for your Digi prepaid, etc.

Note: the active period you get on your Digi prepaid for reload -- does not stack.

Yes, you can extend/renew validity on the Digi prepaid by buying the RM1 SLL when in Singapore :)

You can buy the RM1 SLL either by:
(1) Using USSD code.
(2) Using the Digi app.

Refer to a post I wrote (some time ago in this thread) about paying RM1 to extend validity on Digi prepaid via USSD code HERE:
https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/105692913-post4699.html

The service to deduct money from Digi prepaid card balance -- in order to PAY & BUY active/validity period is called SLL (Super Long Life).

Refer to a post I wrote (some time ago in this thread) about Digi prepaid SLL (Super Long Life) HERE:
https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/105695966-post4701.html

Extend validity by buying RM1 SLL is just paying RM1 to buy 1 day active period for the Digi prepaid -- you're not buying any data.

AFAIK, (As far as I know),
From 2017 onwards, newly bought Digi prepaid SIM cards all comes with FREE basic Internet.

That means, if your Digi BEST prepaid comes with FREE basic Internet, you have FREE Internet access (at slow 64kbps speed up to 500MB/mth) -- without the need to buy any data plan.

If 64kbps is too slow for you, you can always buy any Digi prepaid data plan.
You'll have 4G/LTE full speed Internet after you buy (any) data plan on your Digi prepaid.

You can buy data plan for your Digi prepaid either via USSD code (*116#) or via the Digi app.

(Internet speed on the Digi prepaid will revert back to slow 64kbps once the prepaid data plan you bought expired or you used up the mobile data quota in the data plan.)

Note: You can only access Internet when your Digi Prepaid is active !!

Even if you buy data plan during inactive/passive period -- you cannot use the data plan (or use the FREE basic Internet) to access Internet on the Digi prepaid.

You can only access Internet on the Digi prepaid once it is active.

Both Digi BEST & Digi Live prepaid has respective pros & cons.
Which is "better" depends on your usage requirements.

(Since this post is getting long & tedious, I'll refrain from discussing the differences between Digi BEST & Digi Live prepaid here.)

It's best (pun intended) you go find out the differences between Digi Best & Digi Live prepaid -- and decide for yourself which one suits your usage better :)

Digi BEST prepaid no longer seems to be listed on the Digi prepaid Web site:
https://new.digi.com.my/prepaid

So not sure whether Digi BEST prepaid is still being sold or not.

Back to the issue of buying RM1 SLL on the Digi Best prepaid...

Personally, if I need to buy RM1 SLL -- my habit is to try & buy it on the inactive period 74th day -- instead of on 75th day.

Why?
If I'm busy & forget to buy RM1 SLL on inactive period 74th day -- I can still buy the RM1 SLL on (next day) 75th day.

If you're busy & forget to buy RM1 SLL on inactive period 75th day -- then you can no longer buy RM1 SLL on (next day) 76th day.

If no reload/top up done or no SLL purchased within 75 days inactive period -- on the 76th day the Digi Best prepaid card will be terminated.

Hope the above helps.
Post #6757

Thank you boonkang for your effort!

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I have OneXOX sim card expiring in Dec.

Looks like it is better to buy a new OneXOX card with 28 month validity than to extend expiry for my current one?

If you can forego whatever you have (or not have) in your Season Pass, and the present OneXOX mobile number, I guess a new OneXOX card may be a better idea considering the options (if any one of them works for you) they offer these days to get a 28-month validity extension...

Edit: You can consider transferring your SP stuff to the new card...

Last edited:

koreanlover

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If you can forego whatever you have (or not have) in your Season Pass, and the present OneXOX mobile number, I guess a new OneXOX card may be a better idea considering the options (if any one of them works for you) they offer these days to get a 28-month validity extension...

Edit: You can consider transferring your SP stuff to the new card...

Thanks I don't have Season Pass.
Maybe will change to a new card by Dec.

fadefade

Reaction score
if going to JB for 3 days, whats the best data sim to get? or use data roaming?

purpose for data :s11:

digi prepaid is only rm8 with rm5 credit...

if using it for streaming video, social app use digi add on plan...or purchase rm8 for unlimited data plan for a day.

unless you going to some kompong place... digi shld do the job.

but don buy prepaid near custom or at city square....ull regret.

x3nor_S

Reaction score
purpose for data :s11:

digi prepaid is only rm8 with rm5 credit...

if using it for streaming video, social app use digi add on plan...or purchase rm8 for unlimited data plan for a day.

unless you going to some kompong place... digi shld do the job.

but don buy prepaid near custom or at city square....ull regret.

Thanks. Mainly for video, booking grab, Web surfing.

So where is a good place to buy? How do I activate the 8rm whole day unlimited data? Do I just buy top up card from the shop then just top up online?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.