Thread all abt ROLEX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gaminator

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi guys, if my 2 rolexes are bought from europe AD 3 years ago and i want to do servicing now, better to do it at RSC or do it at other places? sorry first time .. - need to call or can just go down
Of course RSC is the safest, you can be sure the watch internals are serviced and original when you get back the watches, but this is the most expensive route. I'm also gonna service both my watches soon, but the thought of spending all that cash is the main reason why I'm procrastinating.:o The other is to take them to a trusted 2nd hand watch dealer for their in-house servicing, I've heard some of them have hired former Rolex technicians for the servicing.....not sure about this though, or whether to trust such shops. The benefit is of course lower servicing costs....

nomoreliaola

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Of course RSC is the safest, you can be sure the watch internals are serviced and original when you get back the watches, but this is the most expensive route. I'm also gonna service both my watches soon, but the thought of spending all that cash is the main reason why I'm procrastinating.:o The other is to take them to a trusted 2nd hand watch dealer for their indouse servicing, I've heard some of them have hired former Rolex technicians for the servicing.....not sure about this though, or whether to trust such shops. The benefit is of course lower servicing costs....

thanks for replyinhg .... cos now i am on leave so i wana settle this ... so.. i am thinking now .. sibei sian .... got any recc for 2nd handdealer?

Gaminator

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
thanks for replyinhg .... cos now i am on leave so i wana settle this ... so.. i am thinking now .. sibei sian .... got any recc for 2nd handdealer?
I know of only Martin Soon Watches over at Golden Landmark, his shop got good rep I believe, so I doubt he'd do anything unscrupulous that would ruin his rep.....I'm NOT recommending his shop btw, just saying that I've heard of him. Maybe wait for some of the more experienced bros here to come in with suggestions.

nomoreliaola

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I know of only Martin Soon Watches over at Golden Landmark, his shop got good rep I believe, so I doubt he'd do anything unscrupulous that would ruin his rep.....I'm NOT recommending his shop btw, just saying that I've heard of him. Maybe wait for some of the more experienced bros here to come in with suggestions.

btw, how much is normal svc ah comparing the official vs unoffical?

blzy333

Reaction score
Just curious why do u need to service them if its just 3 years old? That sounds pretty early for a service

hi guys, if my 2 rolexes are bought from europe AD 3 years ago and i want to do servicing now, better to do it at RSC or do it at other places? sorry first time .. - need to call or can just go down

nomoreliaola

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i saw this in website:
all new Rolex watches bought as of 1 July 2015 now come with an international 5-year guarantee. Watches bought between 1 July 2013 and 30 June 2015 have all had their guarantee extended to 3 years.

what does that mean when guaraantee ?

blzy333

Reaction score
AD generally recommends every 5 years but even so that may be considered 'early'.
Personally for me I do them once they start to lose time, so far haven't serviced any watch that's 7 years old and below from my own experience.

It also depends on how much wear they get. The more they're used, I.e. Daily watch then perhaps the earlier they may need a service but 3 years sounds too soon I'd say haha unless there's something wrong with the mechanics I'd suggest to just keep it going.

ok, i not sure ... what would be usual servicing schedule? i noob :o

Kusanagi

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
any place to recommend if want to change crystal only? RSC will only change the crystal together with a full servicing right?

changed my mind.. will probably do a servicing cum sapphire change, anyone know how much it will cost? need to prepare myself mentally :o

nomoreliaola

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
oic ... then in that case i will do it next year .. baby just born no money sia ....
any idea how does the 5 year guarantee work?
AD generally recommends every 5 years but even so that may be considered 'early'.
Personally for me I do them once they start to lose time, so far haven't serviced any watch that's 7 years old and below from my own experience.

It also depends on how much wear they get. The more they're used, I.e. Daily watch then perhaps the earlier they may need a service but 3 years sounds too soon I'd say haha unless there's something wrong with the mechanics I'd suggest to just keep it going.

patryn33

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ok, i not sure ... what would be usual servicing schedule? i noob :o

bought in 2015.. hmm it is 10yrs servicing interval.
https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=476123
Rolex suggest 10 year service intervals on all watches after July 2015.

https://www.ablogtowatch.com/rolex-5-year-warranty-all-new-watches-10-year-service-intervals/
Perhaps an even more interesting development is the fact that Rolex is now also claimed to officially recommend a 10-year service period for its watches, up from a previous 3

patryn33

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Kyo_kusanagi86

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
any place to recommend if want to change crystal only? RSC will only change the crystal together with a full servicing right?

I change various rolex watches crystal only at RSC, yes they will recommend to be done together with servicing, but just insist to have the crystal replaced only and they will have it done. End of the day you are the one paying so they just have to follow.

Crystal replacement (sports model) only two hundred plus only.;)

Kusanagi

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I change various rolex watches crystal only at RSC, yes they will recommend to be done together with servicing, but just insist to have the crystal replaced only and they will have it done. End of the day you are the one paying so they just have to follow.

Crystal replacement (sports model) only two hundred plus only.;)

great to hear! thanks for the tip!

oreo_guy

Reaction score
any owners of Rolex or anyone going to buy a Rolex, pls share ur knowledge in here :)

I have four pieces

First was kermit which I got off sgroc forum for 8k a few years back.

Other pieces are deep blue, half gold daytona and steel YM2. All from different greys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.