Tinggling buzzing vibration when ipad is charging

scarzro8

Reaction score
Guys do you feel tinggling buzzing or vibration kind of feel when you touch and rub lightly with ur finger at the back of bare ipad during charging? My ipad pro 10.5 does and it feels much stronger when u r on bare foot.. you feel less when ur foot is elevated or with shoes... try it and see...

Snoweagle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Guys do you feel tinggling buzzing or vibration kind of feel when you touch and rub lightly with ur finger at the back of bare ipad during charging? My ipad pro 10.5 does and it feels much stronger when u r on bare foot.. you feel less when ur foot is elevated or with shoes... try it and see...

This is normal as the adapter used is unearthed type (I think) and it’s similarly to when charging iPhones too. For Macbooks, there’s a long cable (earthed) that connects to the power adapter to elimiate this issue when you touch the Macbook’s metal chassis.

Is this what you meant?

scarzro8

Reaction score
This is normal as the adapter used is unearthed type (I think) and it’s similarly to when charging iPhones too. For Macbooks, there’s a long cable (earthed) that connects to the power adapter to elimiate this issue when you touch the Macbook’s metal chassis.

Is this what you meant?

Yup yup thats what i meant... yup i googled and many mentioned about this... so they say its normal? Surprised me i know in the 80s came across these type of electrical device with unearthed and when u touch u get this kind of feeling... and now its 2018 and they said normal... my note 8 doesnt have this kind of thing happen..

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yup yup thats what i meant... yup i googled and many mentioned about this... so they say its normal? Surprised me i know in the 80s came across these type of electrical device with unearthed and when u touch u get this kind of feeling... and now its 2018 and they said normal... my note 8 doesnt have this kind of thing happen..

yes its normal. the aluminium casing will generate some eddy current due to the fact its a metal.

squarepipe

Reaction score
Happens to me too. Apparently apple didn't think to put a ground cable on the charger...

Snoweagle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Then it’s normal, no cause for concern as it won’t give an electric shock as the metal chassis somehow sheaths the internal current flowing within the device instead of through the metal body. Apple’s power adapter like those that came with iPhones, iPads and older Macbooks with Magsafe and Magsafe 2 (3-pin plug attached to adapter) are all not earthed, hence the sensation you’re getting when it’s being charged.

deathst

Master Member
Reaction score

Simply put it is normal. Apple 3 pin plug grounding isn’t even connected thus this happens. Only the old 2016 MacBooks had proper grounding in them.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.