Car video cam. 24hr?

ureshine

Reaction score
Hi
I'm planning to install new car cam for my new car. Any bad review if I choose 24hr recording blackvue with extra battery pack?

giraffey

Reaction score
Hi
I'm planning to install new car cam for my new car. Any bad review if I choose 24hr recording blackvue with extra battery pack?

using it.. no issues.. just need to get the higher battery capacity and sd card (which you buy from outside). get the wifi version for ease of retrieving the videos without needing to use a computer. i dont find the cloud necessary as it seems only useful if there is a 24x7 internet connectivity.

HondaJG

Reaction score
Hi
install on which car model? better to have a separate battery pack as most advises given in the forums.

ureshine

Reaction score
using it.. no issues.. just need to get the higher battery capacity and sd card (which you buy from outside). get the wifi version for ease of retrieving the videos without needing to use a computer. i dont find the cloud necessary as it seems only useful if there is a 24x7 internet connectivity.

Which blackvue model u bought?
I getting 2 channels, front & back.

yrh0413

Reaction score
I have Blackvue DR650-2ch + Cellink-B battery pack in my previous car... operated for 3 years without any issue. Do take note:

1. You need to drive often to get decent runtime for parking recording. Your battery pack gets charged when you drive, and it provides power when you park. Drive 1-2 hours will give you 24hr parking recording.

2. Get the largest capacity MicroSD your dashcam can support if not older files get overwritten fast.

HondaJG

Reaction score
I have Blackvue DR650-2ch + Cellink-B battery pack in my previous car... operated for 3 years without any issue. Do take note:

1. You need to drive often to get decent runtime for parking recording. Your battery pack gets charged when you drive, and it provides power when you park. Drive 1-2 hours will give you 24hr parking recording.

2. Get the largest capacity MicroSD your dashcam can support if not older files get overwritten fast.
agree. that's how most cars 24hr recording setup were done.

if your car is still under warranty, best to get AD to install for you to avoid warranty issue.

ureshine

Reaction score
agree. that's how most cars 24hr recording setup were done.

if your car is still under warranty, best to get AD to install for you to avoid warranty issue.

Thanks!

Honda Civic.
Blackvue AD sells SD card quite exp. I can get other brands cheaper right?

HondaJG

Reaction score
Thanks!

Honda Civic.
Congrats! Congrats!

new civic? got turbo anot?
thought is iRoad dash cam? unless is from PI?

if SE cannot throw in free upgrade size, then get from outside lo..

yrh0413

Reaction score
Thanks!

Honda Civic.

dont need to get Blackvue SD, its likely a rebranded SD from other manufacturer (Blackvue doesnt make their own SD cards).

For dashcam usage get either Sandisk Endurance or Samsung Endurance Pro.

ureshine

Reaction score
dont need to get Blackvue SD, its likely a rebranded SD from other manufacturer (Blackvue doesnt make their own SD cards).

Thanks thanks

ureshine

Reaction score
Congrats! Congrats!

new civic? got turbo anot?
thought is iRoad dash cam? unless is from PI?

if SE cannot throw in free upgrade size, then get from outside lo..

New civic but No buy turbo.. no $
Didn't get free car cam from salesman(Kah motor)

Last edited:

ureshine

Reaction score

Thanks thanks.. I never know sd card got "endurance" series...no wonder my normal sd card in existing car cam always got problem lol.

Is 64GB enough if I using 24hr video recording?

MonsteR-Z

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Depending on how big the capacity of your external battery. Mine cant last 24hrs parking mode even when fully charge. Can last about 17hrs approximate.

MonsteR-Z

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks!

Honda Civic.
Ask the AD to intro u what type of sd card to purchase for car cam. They knows.

Blackvue sd cards are quite exp. Good thing is got warranty. Mine havent half a year already spoilt due to constant overwriting. But they do 1 to 1 exchange as still under warranty.

mel1888

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ask the AD to intro u what type of sd card to purchase for car cam. They knows.

Blackvue sd cards are quite exp. Good thing is got warranty. Mine havent half a year already spoilt due to constant overwriting. But they do 1 to 1 exchange as still under warranty.
U dun need to get blackvue SD card. I used Samsung 128Gb evo last time. Can last few days w/o over riding.

ureshine

Reaction score
Anyone can advise if I go short trip and let my 24hr car cam to continue record for few days... Will my car battery dies and gimme problems? Or got option to sometimes turn of 24hrs recording?

selanking

Reaction score
Anyone can advise if I go short trip and let my 24hr car cam to continue record for few days... Will my car battery dies and gimme problems? Or got option to sometimes turn of 24hrs recording?

Your recorder should have motion detect function that trigger recording when detect motion.

giraffey

Reaction score

You need to install an external battery. The camcorder should also have motion detection. The other thing to note is not to park in a high movement area (if it gets detedting movement all the time, the external battery could already be depleted within half a day)

ureshine

Reaction score
You need to install an external battery. The camcorder should also have motion detection. The other thing to note is not to park in a high movement area (if it gets detedting movement all the time, the external battery could already be depleted within half a day)

Thanks... I will install external battery. So it won't tap my car battery right? I won't want to ended up car cannot start...

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.