[Maylyn - Networking] ASUS RT-AC88U

shpesft

Reaction score
I am on the latest firmware

did not have any issue before the upgrade and so far no issue after the upgrade

I updated to it for both my AC88 and AC68. AC88 is working fine but it bricked my AC68. Need to bring down to service centre next week

Simpsonskh

Reaction score
I hv installed with ver.384.21045. Every long shutdown and on first bootup the 5G wifi always unstable. But after the reboot its stable again. Hopefully, this new version solve the issue.:s8:

susan_snowrain

Reaction score
Hi

Is ac88u now good with the updated firmware? Am going to sign up for m1 fiber soon, would like to upgrade to get the ac88u router but read earlier that there are many issues with the 88u router. Is this still an issue with the recent firmware upgrade or should I stick with using the free router 1200g+. Thanks.

Simpsonskh

Reaction score
Hi

Is ac88u now good with the updated firmware? Am going to sign up for m1 fiber soon, would like to upgrade to get the ac88u router but read earlier that there are many issues with the 88u router. Is this still an issue with the recent firmware upgrade or should I stick with using the free router 1200g+. Thanks.

Since last year Sept the 5G wifi issue already solved. ;)
Most of the problem were hardware faulty.:s22:
If you are a set and forget ppl then this is not for you.:o
This router needs to update the firmware manually n factory default after that.:s8: (Auto update always hv alot of issues when used. Not sure asus solved the problem?)

joesph

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
now ac88 with 1gbps plan up 30 dollars to $210

Sent from Samsung SM-N960F using GAGT

joesph

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
the last update make my 5GHz bad, the update before that fixed the update before that which also had 5 GHz problem, wi-fi

Sent from Samsung SM-N960F using GAGT

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.