2.0 & 2.1 speaker discussion thread IV [consolidated]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Banned
Reaction score
Don't think so...i not very familiar with him as i met him by selling him a collectible through carousell only found out in conversation that he was also into hifi, he recommended I should try tube amp instead of solid state as all my amp are solid state due to the fact that tubes have life span it will be a chore to change them over time....

Anyway I recently upgraded my AMP and Receiver's existing power cord to Nordost Red Dawn happy with it....

LrMrESSl.jpg

pIr7Lr0l.jpg
are you serious?? did they make a difference?

Amon86

Reaction score
are you serious?? did they make a difference?

Yes it does if your system setup is around 40k-50k, it doesn't make any difference if your whole system is less than 1k so it depend on your system....

produde1999

Master Member
Reaction score
Yes it does if your system setup is around 40k-50k, it doesn't make any difference if your whole system is less than 1k so it depend on your system....
make it 400.

or maybe 200.

Edit: Actually it just depends on your system

Amon86

Reaction score
make it 400.

or maybe 200.

Edit: Actually it just depends on your system

Yup is system based no one will go grab a $7xx power cable on a $2xx speaker system and expect the sound to come out a 1000 dollars sound....if it is a $2xx speaker you should use the $7xx on upgrading to a better equipment....but for expensive setup components are revealing what you add in will reflect the sound output....go adelphi and have a test yourself i not gonna debate about cables as some ppl will say is snake oil....

FandiAhmad17

Reaction score
Hi, seeking advice to replace my 2.1 Sonic Gear Tatoo Duo 3 speakers which worked well for the past 7 years and my kid just broke it.

Using the speakers for some gaming and watching dramas/movies. Budget is S$150 and below.

Was looking at Razer's Nommo but want to get the best value out of less than $150.

Any suggestions?

wwenze

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I can't believe I am actually saying this one day... but...

Razer Nommo is actually pretty ok for performance/price.

07nwGnc.png

For a 2.0 anyway

But just grab a Swan M10, it's a 2.1 and it looks like your Tatoo Duo 3

FandiAhmad17

Reaction score
I can't believe I am actually saying this one day... but...

Razer Nommo is actually pretty ok for performance/price.

07nwGnc.png

For a 2.0 anyway

But just grab a Swan M10, it's a 2.1 and it looks like your Tatoo Duo 3

Where to buy Swan M10 and is it better than Razer Nommo?

produde1999

Master Member
Reaction score
Hmm... that's a $100+ extra, which is probably a no go for now.

Swan m10 vs Razer Nommo, what's your view?
both are shyt but I'll take m10 over razer.

if ur budget really cmi, i would look more into used bookshelf speakers, cheap passive speakers etc

stu4rt86

Reaction score
anyone got the logitech 560.. seems like alot of problems from what i gathered online.. however when i heard the demo set in courts it sounded damn good.. any other recommendations other than that bulky swan i read abt here

wwenze

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
anyone got the logitech 560.. seems like alot of problems from what i gathered online.. however when i heard the demo set in courts it sounded damn good.. any other recommendations other than that bulky swan i read abt here

Bulky Swan?

Erm G560's satellites are even wider than M50W's

86technie

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

2.1 speaker?
Klispch Promedia
Aego M3

Logitech G560 is a new product, quite surprise that it got issues.
Alternate is Z625 but this speaker lately I own one very heavily
focus on bass.

For games and movies Z625 is great but music wise have to tone
down the bass.

Hafi

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
11.11 coming what

erm.... its not the "sale" but they are priced ridiculously cheap.

for example the link you provided for the full HiVi HT set, they are priced at $18,000 yen so after converting to SGD its like $220? :s22:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.