Samsung Galaxy Watch

wormee

Reaction score
Anyone knows if Samsung watch supports sending voice messages on WhatsApp or other apps?

Yes it does. I have tried replying WhatsApp using voice.

Do note that you can reply WhatsaApp on the watch but not create new messages.

wormee

Reaction score
Correct. Since there is no MST built in the GW as well. Which is why I'm waiting for the LTE model :)

Sent from Samsung SM-G955F using GAGT

Yes Samsung dropped the MST from the new Galaxy Watch (only with NFC) compared to the Gear S3. It's only a different tech available for payment over the machines. Not sure if the LTE model is going to help.

Last edited:

wwh5210

Master Member
Reaction score
Samsung Pay is not available on iOS smartphones. After initial setup, Samsung Pay on Galaxy Watch can make at least five transactions without reconnecting to a network. Samsung Pay on Galaxy Watch requires network connection through LTE or Wi-Fi or via Bluetooth pairing with compatible smartphone. Samsung Pay on the Galaxy Watch is only compatible with select cards, carriers, and Samsung devices and non-Samsung Android phones. Samsung Pay on the Galaxy Watch is compatible only with NFC-type payment terminals.

https://www.samsung.com/us/explore/galaxy-watch/

cweihang

Reaction score
Yes it does. I have tried replying WhatsApp using voice.

Do note that you can reply WhatsaApp on the watch but not create new messages.
Thanks for clarifying! But the voice msg you referring is the voice to text function right?

Does it allows sending voice recording? Voice to text is usually a hit and miss for me

wormee

Reaction score
Thanks for clarifying! But the voice msg you referring is the voice to text function right?

Does it allows sending voice recording? Voice to text is usually a hit and miss for me

No it doesn’t. I can only choose to send voice-to-text reply. No voice recordings.

Jurong640

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just did my first run with Galaxy Watch last evening. It was good, tracking live heart rate and gps mapping.
After the run, there was lots of stats to see. Good fitness tracker really.

Not sure if the GPS is slightly inaccurate though, I clocked 5.01km, while my friends using phone clocked 5.05km.
Not very big difference though so it's okay.

Last time the old Samsung Galaxy Gear and the Samsung Gear S2 / gear fit was off the road, the distance was pretty inaccurate.

G4

Master Member
Reaction score
just realised something interesting... i change to change my GW using another adaptor (not the one suppied), it can detect and not charge it. i switch back to the original adaptor, all back to charging.

doki81

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
the waiting game has began..anyone bought their GW from JTBC group have receive notification to collect? :p

x3dnd3x

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hoot the last piece + Duos charger from Kasia. They say need to wait abit for them to bring in new stocks.

Jurong640

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hoot the last piece + Duos charger from Kasia. They say need to wait abit for them to bring in new stocks.
It's at 108 over there? I remember seeing on their post. How much cheaper as compared to ses?

x3dnd3x

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It's at 108 over there? I remember seeing on their post. How much cheaper as compared to ses?

Yes $108. I never bother so much to check at retain Samsung. Confirm more expensive. Since gonna hoot the watch from them, might as well the wireless charger as well.

Jurong640

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes $108. I never bother so much to check at retain Samsung. Confirm more expensive. Since gonna hoot the watch from them, might as well the wireless charger as well.

Hmm, so far so good? Fast wireless Charging for your phone, and charging the watch?

sam39sg

Reaction score
Do you remember the time. When we fell in love. Do you remember the time. > MJ :love:
24c7btf.jpg

x3dnd3x

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hmm, so far so good? Fast wireless Charging for your phone, and charging the watch?

So far so good. Fast charge is there for both phone and watch. Now wanna see whether the battery life of the water is as good as they claim it is.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.