arc13

Reaction score
O9p7Mzt.jpg

Kyo_kusanagi86

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Tudor Thursday
A4lmDVIl.jpg

Sent from "Please excuse the brevity and/or typo, as this message was sent from my mobile phone" using GAGT

DiCaprio

Reaction score
I think the brand would be more popular if they lowered their prices slightly. Having tried both of them on, this is a superb 39mm piece which I like more than the BB58.

BiFsA4S.jpg
Interesting perspective! Care to share what you like about it more than the BB58?

Sent from Tomorrowland using GAGT

DXMachina

Banned
Reaction score
Interesting perspective! Care to share what you like about it more than the BB58?

Sent from Tomorrowland using GAGT

I think given that both are vintage-inspired re-issues, the Yema Superman just has a more distinct styling and that unique bezel locking mechanism at 3 o'clock. The case shape and the round domed mineral crystal also gives it a much more vintage look, much more so than the BB58. Of course, much of this is due to the fact that the Superman re-issue is almost a 1-to-1 adaptation of the original back in the 60s.

I think a way to sum it up would be that the BB58 to me is just a smaller Black Bay, while the Yema has its own look and appeal.

cyrenic

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I think given that both are vintage-inspired re-issues, the Yema Superman just has a more distinct styling and that unique bezel locking mechanism at 3 o'clock. The case shape and the round domed mineral crystal also gives it a much more vintage look, much more so than the BB58. Of course, much of this is due to the fact that the Superman re-issue is almost a 1-to-1 adaptation of the original back in the 60s.

I think a way to sum it up would be that the BB58 to me is just a smaller Black Bay, while the Yema has its own look and appeal.
How does the bezel lock work though? :p

Sorry, lazy to watch more watch videos and potentially poison myself, so ask here safer..

DXMachina

Banned
Reaction score
How does the bezel lock work though?
:p

Sorry, lazy to watch more watch videos and potentially poison myself, so ask here safer..

I meet and show it to you better, so can poison you in person! :s13:

But seriously, it isn't very practical if you're using it for diving and somehow want to rotate the bezel underwater. With the crown screwed down, the bezel is locked and cannot be rotated. Unscrewing the crown also disengages the lock (it's a clamp) so you can rotate the bezel. So you risk water compromise if you wanna rotate the bezel underwater. The whole concept is clunky and quirksome, and I love it all the more for it!

cyrenic

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I meet and show it to you better, so can poison you in person! :s13:

But seriously, it isn't very practical if you're using it for diving and somehow want to rotate the bezel underwater. With the crown screwed down, the bezel is locked and cannot be rotated. Unscrewing the crown also disengages the lock (it's a clamp) so you can rotate the bezel. So you risk water compromise if you wanna rotate the bezel underwater. The whole concept is clunky and quirksome, and I love it all the more for it!

I see, that's really cool! So I guess it's a clamp like thing that locks the bezel when pushed in.

Does make sense from the POV that when you've rotated the bezel above the water, you don't want it to move in the water, though if you've made a mistake then that'd be an issue. :s13:

DXMachina

Banned
Reaction score
I see, that's really cool! So I guess it's a clamp like thing that locks the bezel when pushed in.

Does make sense from the POV that when you've rotated the bezel above the water, you don't want it to move in the water, though if you've made a mistake then that'd be an issue.

:s13:

Correct bro, the lock clamps down on the bezel once the crown is screwed in, so any bezel rotation is done before submersion. Prevents any accidental bezel rotation underwater. But anyways, as if I'm really going to be doing any diving with it haha! I just like this sort of clunky and quirky mechanism.

Still very much in the honeymoon phase with this piece. Brought it for a prata diving expedition earlier.

NkIV3pg.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.