Network point installation

keith

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Anyone with recommendation for a one point installation and charges ?

eric3743

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Anyone with recommendation for a one point installation and charges ?

What one point installation.. as in data point conversion or wiring inclusive as in trunking.

There is this Ayub, at hp 81186069 as mentioned in the > Internet Bandwidth & Networking Clinic

Some ISP do have contractor to handle network data points works.

For me i used ISP Starhub contractor to do the data points conversion & trunking inclusive of data points at both end.

Charges varies according to the work done which trunking usually from $80 ~ $150 per connection which may include ethernet cables & data points.
Data point conversion on telephone point to data point is $25 + gst in my case on Starhub contractor.

Best to negotiate prior work start.

keith

Master Member
Reaction score
What one point installation.. as in data point conversion or wiring inclusive as in trunking.

There is this Ayub, at hp 81186069 as mentioned in the > Internet Bandwidth & Networking Clinic

For me i used ISP Starhub contractor to do the data points conversion & trunking inclusive of data points at both end.

Charges varies according to the work done which trunking usually from $80 ~ $150 per connection which may include ethernet cables & data points.
Data point conversion on telephone point to data point is $25 + gst in my case on Starhub contractor.

thanks. its a one point-to-point setup.

keith

Master Member
Reaction score
With wiring ? (For house already has wired laid but not patched)

not wired at all. it was prev wired to my cable point, but now the fibre point is far off from my current router + NAS + PC.

eric3743

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
thanks. its a one point-to-point setup.

Point to point is via trunking with ethernet cable & data points at both end.

When you sign-up for ISP you may request/check on this cost to decide.

FYI, if you sign-up to Starhub HomeHub plan with both fibre broadband and Fibre TV they would include 1 free point to point trunking upon request.

ArtURtlE

Reaction score
Second ayub, he did my house a couple of years ago reasonable and v neat work

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.