[OFFICIAL] Taiwan Guide and Taiwan related matters - Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

calkel20

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
2pax nia, but my partner gets tired easily due to health issues. so i don’t mind spending more actually. by public transport quite long right the journey?

oh the exchange rate in taiwan is it around the same as SG? i don’t have time to go and change money. hahahaha.....
Train wise 30mins
Bus 15mins up to jiufen.
If health wise, then spend lor.

calkel20

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes, exchange wise, u gonna be like losing a dollar each overseas for per 100sgd.

rayban

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Long and squeezy lor. Cause uphill. Come down even worse , taxi with high price and Long queue for bus to go down

2pax nia, but my partner gets tired easily due to health issues. so i don’t mind spending more actually. by public transport quite long right the journey?

oh the exchange rate in taiwan is it around the same as SG? i don’t have time to go and change money. hahahaha.....

seianko

Suspended
Reaction score

buy return bus tix at taipei main station that goes to keelong. from there cab or train shud be alot easier.

KingOfSbw

Master Member
Reaction score
was there from 4/10-11/10(8 to 11 in taipei)

10,11 raining light rain WHOLE day
bring umbrella in case
stand by more sets of clothes in case raining daily

PS:go out earlier taiwan turn dark early as its shifts to fall season now(5pm turn dark regardless of weather)
Wah turn dark at 5, really shorten my cingjing n alishan trip nia
Dont dare stay out after dark at those mountain areas lol

Sent from Samsung SM-G965F using GAGT

yihao93

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Ok with squeezing eg mrt rush hour then take public transport, otherwise hire or taxi...

I almost tio cheated once the cab driver at shifen tell me no bus already, lucky I got check the schedule beforehand siah.mmm

calkel20

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For 5pm arrival, good luck.
Queue can be as long as 30mins wait for clearance.
Today i lucky.
I am the last to get off plane.
But first few to clear immigration.

tamarack15

Reaction score
For those travelers who have used the online immigration arrival card, wish to ask if the immigration officers will ask for the physical card when they don’t see one handed over along with the passport? Or they are already used to not seeing the arrival card and thus not asking for it as more foreign visitors are using the online arrival card? Am asking this because our group wish to try out the online arrival card, but there is a member who doesn’t understand Mandarin at all, scare that if the officer asking for it but he doesn’t understand and is not able to respond. Thanks in advance.

KingOfSbw

Master Member
Reaction score
For 5pm arrival, good luck.
Queue can be as long as 30mins wait for clearance.
Today i lucky.
I am the last to get off plane.
But first few to clear immigration.
Wah me also 5pm reach de sia sian
Lucky u

calkel20

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wah turn dark at 5, really shorten my cingjing n alishan trip nia
Dont dare stay out after dark at those mountain areas lol

Eh i think i did mention day time short right?
In the mountain, really even faster.
Sleep and drink lor.

calkel20

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For those travelers who have used the online immigration arrival card, wish to ask if the immigration officers will ask for the physical card when they don’t see one handed over along with the passport? Or they are already used to not seeing the arrival card and thus not asking for it as more foreign visitors are using the online arrival card? Am asking this because our group wish to try out the online arrival card, but there is a member who doesn’t understand Mandarin at all, scare that if the officer asking for it but he doesn’t understand and is not able to respond. Thanks in advance.

Tell them u filled up online and submited.
If kiasu, then just go for paper.
I go paperless one.
Today also never ask me anything.
Maybe because i got speedy immigration ba.
But so far, if asked, tell them submited online will do fine.

calkel20

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ok with squeezing eg mrt rush hour then take public transport, otherwise hire or taxi...

I almost tio cheated once the cab driver at shifen tell me no bus already, lucky I got check the schedule beforehand siah.mmm

Shifen or jiufen no bus?
Usually shifen i go and back by train.

tamarack15

Reaction score
Tell them u filled up online and submited.
If kiasu, then just go for paper.
I go paperless one.
Today also never ask me anything.
Maybe because i got speedy immigration ba.
But so far, if asked, tell them submited online will do fine.
Exactly our worry that immigration officer will ask in Mandarin for the arrival card and the member doesn’t understand a single Chinese word at all. Perhaps will just let him fill up the paper arrival card to avoid any misunderstanding and the rest of us who understand Chinese will do it online. Thanks for the advice.

calkel20

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Exactly our worry that immigration officer will ask in Mandarin for the arrival card and the member doesn’t understand a single Chinese word at all. Perhaps will just let him fill up the paper arrival card to avoid any misunderstanding and the rest of us who understand Chinese will do it online. Thanks for the advice.

U queue behind him. Can always go ahead and tell officer he has submited online.
Simple as that.

TLCTLC88

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can I check if easy card can be used in Taichung? Intend to buy from taoyuan airport upon arrival and use in Taichung and Taipei.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.