Nvidia Shield TV

Status
Not open for further replies.

kimtee

Reaction score
Same with 3.4.3. BLANK screen. I presume it will not run phone apks. Tried starhub go too. Same issue.

Toggle app not working for me on the new firmware. Anyone got it working? Got a black screen.

My toggle app version 3.4.2. What version is working?

kennyboy

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just FYI for those who are thinking of getting this box - Mine (2017 non-Pro variant) just went kaput. Refuses to boot up, no light, nothing. Tried it with another power supply (have another 2015 non-pro variant), no go.

Nvidia will not help, because their warranty doesn't apply here and they don't sell it here.

Luckily I bought it from Amazon, they will create a return label for return, but minus a restocking fee.

Really thought the QC has improved from the time I got the 2015 Pro version (hdd up lorry after a firmware update, but Amazon to the rescue), but I think I'm never going to get such an expensive Android box again. Mi Box here I come. :(

imacbie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just FYI for those who are thinking of getting this box - Mine (2017 non-Pro variant) just went kaput. Refuses to boot up, no light, nothing. Tried it with another power supply (have another 2015 non-pro variant), no go.

Nvidia will not help, because their warranty doesn't apply here and they don't sell it here.

Luckily I bought it from Amazon, they will create a return label for return, but minus a restocking fee.

Really thought the QC has improved from the time I got the 2015 Pro version (hdd up lorry after a firmware update, but Amazon to the rescue), but I think I'm never going to get such an expensive Android box again. Mi Box here I come. :(
Heyo sire, fellow staunch Android fan! Mine got RMA twice out of warranty by Nvidia.
It is expensive i agree, but apps (TV versions) are so fluid. even kodi's UI navigation doesn't lag even for a millisecond.

then again, since miboxes comes with AOSP system nowadays..
it make more sense to get the more cost effective variant. So long it ain't branded "Minix"

kennyboy

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Heyo sire, fellow staunch Android fan! Mine got RMA twice out of warranty by Nvidia.
It is expensive i agree, but apps (TV versions) are so fluid. even kodi's UI navigation doesn't lag even for a millisecond.

then again, since miboxes comes with AOSP system nowadays..
it make more sense to get the more cost effective variant. So long it ain't branded "Minix"
I know the quality of the software and the power of the hardware, that's why I got 2. But it's painful when Nvidia doesn't care about buyers out of the US. Yours was RMA through Amazon as well? Shipping to the US is gonna cost quite a bit as well, how did you do it?

imacbie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I know the quality of the software and the power of the hardware, that's why I got 2. But it's painful when Nvidia doesn't care about buyers out of the US. Yours was RMA through Amazon as well? Shipping to the US is gonna cost quite a bit as well, how did you do it?
no, mine was RMA thru Nvidia directly. Chat with them.. and came to RMA solution.
they emailed me a return label.. i just pack and call fedex to pickup. all fees are borned by them. ..

kennyboy

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
no, mine was RMA thru Nvidia directly. Chat with them.. and came to RMA solution.
they emailed me a return label.. i just pack and call fedex to pickup. all fees are borned by them. ..
Ok, that's nice. Gonna try that first then. Because when I was using the 2015 version, they die die don't want to service the warranty because they don't sell it here.

kennyboy

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I assume you are in Singapore, right?

reb00tz

Reaction score
HDHomeRun Connect Quatro and Hauppauge Broadway

Some time back I was asking if there was any tv tuner that works with Nvidia Shield (also noticed some other ppl had asked the same thing).

I took a chance and bought the HDhomerun Connect Duo. With this network based tuner, you can watch live tv on the live channels app as well as using the HDhomerun Android TV app. However the bad news is that the EPG does not work with it.

<SNIP>

Thanks, am looking for a similar solution; will be looking for the UK/AU "Connect Quatro" version...

And maybe also looking for the Hauppauge Broadway (some seemingly "old" version sold in SG - although I am unsure if it is able to handle DVB-T2 specifically and I am not happy they transcode to Flash for Android)...

Mr_YA_HA

Reaction score
Hi @Mr_YA_HA: Where did you get the HomeRun from? Is it the US, UK or AU version? Is it the Connect Quatro?
get from UK. theres a link shared by another post.

https://shopuk.silicondust.com/shop/product-category/hardware/#main

Sent from Google PIXEL 2 XL using GAGT

Last edited:

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
https://youtu.be/HGs8yF5VOvU
TOP 10 Android TV Box 2018

Nvidia Shield TV is still the best Android TV Box in 2018 and probably in 2019 as well. 😄

No 2/3 do not make much sense to buy even though Rockchip RK3399 is the next best CPU available after Nvidia.

Mi Box Global version is at No 4.

JAson1980

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
my shield now on bootloop since the new oreo. the support say sorry out of warranty. cannot do anything.

anyone can help to revive my shield 2015 16gb ??

i manage to use adb to flash all. still not booting.
zzzz

wah, i havent even update yet. now scared.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.