Gaming room setup

Bertrand Traore

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi all, will be moving house in a couple of months and will like to have some insight of what items I should get for my own "gaming bedroom" (my first time having my own room)

Basically, room setup will probably be number 1 (considering I don't really like my window to be behind my computer for number 2 and number 3 looking like it will have huge space constraints. The TV will probably be above my monitor due to the small room space

v5v4gy.jpg

Considering I have to get almost everything from scratch (apart from a monitor and a cpu), can any kind souls help me to add on what other things I should get or if there are any better alternatives? Will prefer a blue/black setup

Currently what I have:
CPU: Tecware vision casing. Normal spec comp (1060 6gb etc etc)
Mouse: Razer deathadder
Keyboard: Corsair K95
Monitor: Acer GN246HL 24" 144hz (May be looking to upgrade to a prism+ >31" 144hz monitor)
Headphones: HyperX Cloud II
Mousepad: qck+ (wear and tear, will be getting another cheaper alternative that is XXmm:400mm size)

My list so far:
1) TV: Looking for recommendations. Any 40-45" size smart TV for primarily watching movies/soccer matches

2) TV wall mount: Looking for recommendations

3) Cable concealer mount: Datacomm Easy Mount Cable Organizer Kit (or any other better alternatives). To hide the wiring from the TV to the power socket at the bottom of the wall

4) Desk: Omnidesk 120cm with single monitor arm. Deciding if I should be getting the NZXT Hue 2 Ambient (as i'm a sucker for RGB).

5) Chair: Secretlab fabric charcoal

6) LED strips: Looking for recommendations that comes with adapter and is bright enough since I have read from online that some are actually relatively dim. Will require quite abit of LED light strips as I intend to put them behind my desk, monitor and in my CPU itself (tecware vision but only got RGB fans. Basically quite a dark casing which I will prefer to brighten it up abit)

7) Headphone hanger: Looking for recommendations. Probably just getting any basic one with 3M sticker to stick on under my desk

8) Cable sleeves/management box: Looking for recommendations. I am never an organised person when it comes to cable management. Will prefer to do a 1x swee swee one when setting up for my room this time

9) Power extension: LDNIO RC-GLOBAL Multifunction durable Universal Electric Power Extension strips socket plug Cable Extension Cord with 6 USB charger pot / wall socket. Only 1 socket on the wall so will need this at least.

10) Sound system: Looking for recommendations. Basically for my TV since I'm on my headphone on my PC most of the time

Thanks. Not sure if this is the right venue to be asking but I guess this is where most gamers reside in the forum :s13:

Last edited:

Phen8210

High Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
3 ur door can open?, 2 wardrobe can open?

Take away the bed be a real man, game is all you need!

Last edited:

Phen8210

High Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
will need to reduce desk size for no.3, alternatively part of the table will overlap the bed (not to my liking tbh)

think i'll stick with the first option that should maximise the limited space

But your wardrobe can function?

Bertrand Traore

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
But your wardrobe can function?

Yea its built in and sliding kind so it shouldnt be an issue. Will probably put my army uniform at the bottom and will only need to take out like once a year (since more troublesome to reach the bottom). Bed is just a necessity, main concern is my “gaming space” :s13:

Bertrand Traore

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You can look at setup wars :s12:

Yes been looking around at alot of these setups in youtube but many do t talk about how they hide their wiring etc so better effect. Some also dont really mention what specific accessories they have. Those that have, many dont offer shipment to singapore unfortunately. Once i reach home will try to see more and maybe screenshot some on how i will want my backlight etc to look like. Thanks!

royfrosty

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
May I ask why do you need a bed or a wardrobe? You intend to sleep there? Is that your permanent room that you gonna sleep there? Is this your house? Or your parents place?

Bertrand Traore

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
May I ask why do you need a bed or a wardrobe? You intend to sleep there? Is that your permanent room that you gonna sleep there? Is this your house? Or your parents place?

parents place

wardrobe is built in so.... might as well
bed yes i'll be sleeping there. i'm still living with my parents for the next 2 years at least

no spare room to separate sleeping and a gaming room liao :(

Siyu

Reaction score
Fengshui wise, ur head should be against the wall and in the NS direction.
this is most impt.

eric3743

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes been looking around at alot of these setups in youtube but many do t talk about how they hide their wiring etc so better effect. Some also dont really mention what specific accessories they have. Those that have, many dont offer shipment to singapore unfortunately. Once i reach home will try to see more and maybe screenshot some on how i will want my backlight etc to look like. Thanks!

Option 1 should be ideal as mine is in similar position.

TV depend on size - on the desk which should be wider &or another table/shelf next to window.

Checkout some of the photo on desks in the below link too.

Cable management > https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/115389909-post37.html

shadow84

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Y dun just use monitor for ur tv as well? Will you be watching mediacorp shows? If so, can always connect a tv box to monitor via hdmi then antenna put near window.

If not, just get a 32" monitor with 2x hdmi, 1x dp will do.

Bertrand Traore

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Fengshui wise, ur head should be against the wall and in the NS direction.
this is most impt.

Hi yes my head will be
at the north side
Option 1 should be ideal as mine is in similar position.

TV depend on size - on the desk which should be wider &or another table/shelf next to window.

Checkout some of the photo on desks in the below link too.

Cable management > https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/115389909-post37.html

thanks! desk wise i'll need a wide one as i'm a very low sensitivity user. Will require a mousemat that is at least 400mm x 400mm for my fps games

Y dun just use monitor for ur tv as well? Will you be watching mediacorp shows? If so, can always connect a tv box to monitor via hdmi then antenna put near window.

If not, just get a 32" monitor with 2x hdmi, 1x dp will do.

Thought before but I think a 32" monitor and a 40+" TV should have quite a huge difference especially when watching movies etc. Monitor should be mainly used for gaming only so probably wont on both at the same time

Bertrand Traore

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can see from your description you want a lot of things power power nice nice setup. But TBH with such space constraint you can't have everything if you want the room to look nice and uncluttered. Plan 3 Def out. Looking at Plan 2 I'm assuming you not planning to switch on TV at same time while using CPU cause if you do your neck will break, the glare beside your face going to kill your eye sight too.

Plan 1 is the best. What you need to do is to create space and declutter as much as possible. Since you alone I recommend going for those double-decker bed kind where the bed is on top while the bottom can fit a table (seen it in ikea). Then measure the size of the table see if can fit 1TV and 1 monitor side by side can also use an arm. Arm not sure if possible can even mount top down. TV and monitor side by side put led strips behind both will be very nice but more ex. Can just put led strip behind the table edge but have to leave 2-3cm gap between table and wall for a simple and cheaper lighting option.

Small speakers can drill/attach to the ceiling of the bed facing down towards you (can even do 5.1). Consider use your monitor double up as TV?

e.g.
053dblk7_1.jpg

https://www.fortytwo.sg/vitoy-metal...k_QW8sWZx6ssdR___n1kTkRrs5Ex9TPhoCTqEQAvD_BwE

https://www.lazada.sg/products/linie-japanese-metal-loft-bed-ladder-japan-sizing-i247155167-s382455609.html?gclid=CjwKCAjw0oveBRAmEiwAzf6_rE7B0zfodzzx1pSJkn11cO5d7AKKk3_tp25nUeIgsNpueJhCalrRWhoCaWsQAvD_BwE&s_kwcid=AL!4281!3!294855072887!!!u!!&utm_source=google&utm_medium=sem_non_brand&utm_content=448608258451_382455609_119704942&utm_campaign=[SSC-060000000000-00000-00000-0]:%20Home%20and%20Living&utm_term=[SSC-060000000000-00000-00000-0]:%20Home%20and%20Living_xxso0000000at0600_c_pla-448608258451&adjust_tracker=t2v78t_5n20iw&adjust_campaign=1559617391&adjust_adgroup=64674312208_c_pla-448608258451&adjust_creative=448608258451_382455609_119704942&tracker_limit=1000000&ef_id=W8P1RwAABfAJfSvA:20181015020247:s

Thanks for the input. I'm getting a ceiling fan though (I perspire easily) so I don't think a double deck bed will actually work

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.