Ask me any questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

flowerpalms

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
During peak periods, hotel rates are quite high making it expensive if staying in Kyoto.

During non peak periods, cheaper than Tokyo.

Understand that only SQ has direct flight to Kansai airport. Which is too expensive for air ticket. Are there other alternatives? As only plan to be in Kyoto. When are the peak/non peak periods? Solo accomodation

snap99

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Understand that only SQ has direct flight to Kansai airport. Which is too expensive for air ticket. Are there other alternatives? As only plan to be in Kyoto. When are the peak/non peak periods? Solo accomodation

Scoot is also direct

nemo88

Reaction score
Scoot is direct but not non-stop. Direct is same plane but had stopover. So safer in the sense that cannot misconnect... stopover is in Kaoshiung Taiwan.

flowerpalms

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Scoot is direct but not non-stop. Direct is same plane but had stopover. So safer in the sense that cannot misconnect... stopover is in Kaoshiung Taiwan.

Ya but SQ is direct non stop. Tts why more ex. But if i just want to spend my trip in kyoto, going to tokyo airport like not worth?

anyhowsaysay

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Peak normally Sakura period April. Koyo Period Mid Nov to early Dec
Japan domestic peak then Golden Week last week of April + New Year

SQ is the only direct. 6hrs + to reach KIX. That flight is still okay if you book early.
I think most premium flight route to Japan is the one landing at Haneda Tokyo, that one always expensive

flowerpalms

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

SQ is the only direct. 6hrs + to reach KIX. That flight is still okay if you book early.
I think most premium flight route to Japan is the one landing at Haneda Tokyo, that one always expensive

But i see the SQ price always close to 1k or more

Reaction score
Has anyone returned from Hakone/Lake Kawguchiko/FujiQ Highland by highway bus recently?

I tried making online reservations at www.highwaybus.com and seems there is no more free reservation.

Looks like I can only reserve seats at the Odakyu counter in Shinjuku when I buy the 3 day Hakone-Fuji Pass in early Nov.

Wondering if seats will be a problem coming back from FujiQ Highland bus stop.

snap99

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Scoot have direct during peak year end .... 3 or 4 times a week.

black_hippo

Reaction score
Hello all, just want check if multi city at $720 from singapore to osaka and tokyo back to singapore costly from SQ? thanks!

Ruriel

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Hello all, just want check if multi city at $720 from singapore to osaka and tokyo back to singapore costly from SQ? thanks!

No, it is a good price, usually only available if you book early. If you wait longer, it can go up to 1k+.

anyhowsaysay

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Fuel cost is going up. 720 is really good timing depends whether your Tokyo is Haneda or Narita
The Sin to KIX is red eye?

Few years ago, Japan ticket cost 2x that prices.

black_hippo

Reaction score
Fuel cost is going up. 720 is really good timing depends whether your Tokyo is Haneda or Narita
The Sin to KIX is red eye?

Few years ago, Japan ticket cost 2x that prices.

yeah SIN TO KIX is 1am SIN to 8am KIX.

TKY to SIN is flying from haneda to singapore.

will buy this ticket then!

Ruriel

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Anyone has much of an experience ordering from Amazon JP and sending them to the hotel? I've added some items into cart and realised they will be shipped separately from various sellers. Will the hotel be okay receiving 4 or 5 shipments on my behalf? I will indicate my hotel reservation number in the shipping address, of course. I'm just wondering if hotel is okay receiving so many shipments for one guest...

I don't mind opting for delivery to Lawson convenience stores and I collect from there, but not all sellers have that option. :(

purpleberry

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone has much of an experience ordering from Amazon JP and sending them to the hotel? I've added some items into cart and realised they will be shipped separately from various sellers. Will the hotel be okay receiving 4 or 5 shipments on my behalf? I will indicate my hotel reservation number in the shipping address, of course. I'm just wondering if hotel is okay receiving so many shipments for one guest...

I don't mind opting for delivery to Lawson convenience stores and I collect from there, but not all sellers have that option. :(

I have tried this before and they are fine with it. Most probably they will be handled by different front office staff anyway. Just need to ensure that the items are delivered a few days before you check-in.

Ruriel

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
I have tried this before and they are fine with it. Most probably they will be handled by different front office staff anyway. Just need to ensure that the items are delivered a few days before you check-in.

OK, thanks for the reassurance! I'll order one week ahead of my trip... will that be all right? I think most items will be shipped within 3-4 days... (according to the products' pages).

purpleberry

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
OK, thanks for the reassurance! I'll order one week ahead of my trip... will that be all right? I think most items will be shipped within 3-4 days... (according to the products' pages).

Yes, a week is fine. Their delivery schedule is efficient. If the shop is within Tokyo, they can deliver the next day or by evening. Just inform the hotel that you will be expecting some packages so they take note and inform their colleagues.

Ruriel

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Yes, a week is fine. Their delivery schedule is efficient. If the shop is within Tokyo, they can deliver the next day or by evening. Just inform the hotel that you will be expecting some packages so they take note and inform their colleagues.

OK I'll do that, thank you!

juxtaposition

Reaction score
Just inform the hotel thru email.
Ordered the items using ur registered guest name and if can put your check in date.
Make sure all paid in full.
Multiple delivery no issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.