[OFFICIAL] 千年来说对不起 Till We Meet Again, Debuts 26 November 2018, Every Mon - Fri 9pm, Channel 8

billybilly

Reaction score
I saw tv ad and got smoked that it’s a totally new local period drama. End up only 10 eps of the prequel are set in period and the rest (20 eps) are modern times??

Eh interesting plot concept but prefer totally period drama setting. Don’t mediacock know that the trend are not toward period dramas? Stop always producing family drama! So sick of it!

Sibei_lowprofile

Master Member
Reaction score
I saw tv ad and got smoked that it’s a totally new local period drama. End up only 10 eps of the prequel are set in period and the rest (20 eps) are modern times??

Eh interesting plot concept but prefer totally period drama setting. Don’t mediacock know that the trend are not toward period dramas? Stop always producing family drama! So sick of it!

Our media are all controlled by the government. They want to promote family values, we cannot do anything about it. Watch Netflix ba. :s13:

astronot

Reaction score
How come setting in period Drama ( 古装 ) can become modern times ( 现代 ) , don't tell me again is 川越时空 来到现代 ? Again another 川越时空剧 ?

scourge

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
How come setting in period Drama ( 古装 ) can become modern times ( 现代 ) , don't tell me again is 川越时空 来到现代 ? Again another 川越时空剧 ?
Not time travel, I think.
Reincarnation and super long life for the deities

Sent from The Most Wonderful App In The World using GAGT

astronot

Reaction score
Personally , I feel that the 前传 should not be shown on Every Monday from 29 October at 8.30pm onwards . Should be like 入侵者前传 show all in one shot - 2 Hours from 7pm to 9pm , just one day ( on Sunday ) before the actual drama is to be shown !

Ottoke

Reaction score
For those who cannot find thread for Monday 8.30pm, here it is

arcturuz

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
for a wawa production, it is quite cui

hopefully the modern era tv version will be better

i always shudder when i see julie tan act as virgin flower demon....pui

Ottoke

Reaction score
So how is the show so far? Anyone caught it till the end?

s-ghost

Honorary Member
Reaction score
agree that going by wawa usual standards, this is quite bad.

even though it's only 15mins per ep, i struggle to finish each ep

hope the main show is better

beast78

Master Member
Reaction score
Agree the prequel looks terrible...the dialogue is very cringe worthy, the cast is mis-matched.

From the showreel, the main show looks like the usual draggy love stories of multi love angles. Not convinced it will be good.

The synopsis actually sounds interesting when I read it online, but the execution seems to be heading towards failure. The cast and story will not be able to hook viewers to tune in every night.

astronot

Reaction score
Well , I beg to differ . Personally , I felt the prequel was actually quite good , I actually enjoyed watching the prequel and love the two 片尾曲 very much ! Both the songs suit and actually fit into the prequel Drama very well . Overall , the feel of the prequel to me personally is much better than the main Drama when I saw it from the showreel .

The main Drama , the costume and overall gives me the feeling that they had become normal human beings , normal person , which to me , spoilt the whole feel of the Drama !

既然要拍古装剧 , 就要好好的拍整部都是古装剧 ! 为什么还要有现代版呢 ? 古装版不是拍得好好的吗 ? 把一部古装剧改成现代版 , 大大的减低它的可看度 / 好看度 , 也严重毁了整部剧 , 因为整个 feel 都完全不一样了 ! 突然间就感觉怪怪的 !

现代版就感觉在看一般的电视连续剧 , 没有什么特别 / 分别的 ! 对哇哇映画这个决定太失望了 ! 我多么希望整部剧都是一样古装版 , 因为这部剧原本, 本来就是一部古装剧 , 而且古装版真的比较好看得多 !

Last edited:

beast78

Master Member
Reaction score
Well , I beg to differ . Personally , I felt the prequel was actually quite good , I actually enjoyed watching the prequel and love the two 片尾曲 very much ! Both the songs suit and actually fit into the prequel Drama very well . Overall , the feel of the prequel to me personally is much better than the main Drama when I saw it from the showreel .

The main Drama , the costume and overall gives me the feeling that they had become normal human beings , normal person , which to me , spoilt the whole feel of the Drama !

既然要拍古装剧 , 就要好好的拍整部都是古装剧 ! 为什么还要有现代版呢 ? 古装版不是拍得好好的吗 ? 把一部古装剧改成现代版 , 大大的减低它的可看度 / 好看度 , 也严重毁了整部剧 , 因为整个 feel 都完全不一样了 ! 突然间就感觉怪怪的 !

现代版就感觉在看一般的电视连续剧 , 没有什么特别 / 分别的 ! 对哇哇映画这个决定太失望了 ! 我多么希望整部剧都是一样古装版 , 因为这部剧原本, 本来就是一部古装剧 , 而且古装版真的比较好看得多 !

You got it all wrong. The 古装 / prelude portion is to add a backstory to the 现代版. All along the 现代版 is the main focus. They need to tell why certain things happen, like why the flower fairy is in the modern times, why got Earth God etc. By having the prelude, they can jump straight into the 现代版 storyline without having to spend a lot of time telling a backstory.

Mediacorp can never go back to filming a full length 古装 liao. Back in the 1990s and early 2000s they have a production team that focuses on collaborations with China to film 古装 shows. The collaboration is necessary so as to keep budgets low and sustainable. New management took place and disband the China production team, plus China TV industry opening up in the past 10 years, they no longer see it necessary to collaborate with Singapore TV. Even if got budget, how are they going to recoup the costs? There is no commercial value in our actors and shows.

Hopefully with the experiences and contacts as a result of producing this show, Wawa is able to look forward to more collaborations with China....

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.