Need Advice - Trading and Testing Workstation

siaoboy

Reaction score
Looking to build a trading and testing workstation with the possibilities of occasional gaming on 1440p.

Main function : Trading and testing application packages in VMs.
Haven;t game much but would like to have the possibilities to play CS on 1440p

Decided to try out AMD instead of Intel and i gather the following spec from dreamcore and hope to get some expert advice from you guys

AMD RYZEN 7 2700X 3.7 / 4.35GHz 8 Core 16 Threads
GIGABYTE B450 AORUS PRO WIFI
AMD Stock Cooler
Select this MB cos it has BT and WIFI builtin.

KLEVV PERFORMANCE 32GB (2X16GB) DDR4-2666MHz
Need to start with 32GB ram and may add an additional 32GB if required.

GTX 1070 Ti 8GB
Not sure what is the best graphic card to get but i stay away from Quattro.
I need to connect to 4 screen - 1 x 4k , 1x 1440p and another 2 running on 1920/1200

512GB Adata SX8200?
4TB 3.5" HDD

Casing/ PSU

I have my own OS so no need for it. Is there anything else i miss? Most likely will get PCThemes to build it for me? Of do you guy have other recommendation?

Last edited:

haylui

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Since you run MT4, better use LAN cable rather than WiFi connection for better latency.
for casing really is personal preference. I find the Fractal Design S or R6 is appealing.
PSU can go for Seasonic Focus Plus series, 750W should be sufficient.

-Grift-

Reaction score
Since you run MT4, better use LAN cable rather than WiFi connection for better latency.
for casing really is personal preference. I find the Fractal Design S or R6 is appealing.
PSU can go for Seasonic Focus Plus series, 750W should be sufficient.
Used to have define R4 and the restricted airflow + high ambient temperature in SG really not ideal

SGJoe86

Reaction score
Used to have define R4 and the restricted airflow + high ambient temperature in SG really not ideal
The newer cases from Fractal Design have much better airflow now. I'm using the R6 with 3x 120mm fans top and front for cooling the radiators, can feel the suction from the front intake as they are set to push configuration :)

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.