The Contact Lenses Thread

primus87

Reaction score
I had almost the same asti as you -525.
Had been going around to many optical shops to only find out that we’re left with flexcon.
So today, i went to titus eye care. They have monthly high asti soft silicon lens but comes with a price of $700 for 2 boxes of monthly usage for 6 months use excluding consultation fee of $80. My degree and Asti not possible to do Ortho-K too.
The monthly contact lens comes under Mark Ennvoy brand model saphir RX.
You can try if u wants.

Thanks for the recommendation!

noobzpro

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi, currently what is the best daily contacts which stay moist throughout the day and can also use for sports. thanks

nivlac9

Reaction score
Just bought this from Mr Lens. Packaging looks bit off...

tnwETGV.jpg

DFPolgF.jpg

thegardens3b

Master Member
Reaction score
hi, currently what is the best daily contacts which stay moist throughout the day and can also use for sports. thanks

Hi, currently the best in the market it is the Dailies Total 1.
Said to be very comfortable compared to other brands of lenses.
Of course, better to have a contact lens check to see which is suitable for your eyes and whether it fits right to know which is best. Some people might suit other brands better as it is more comfortable for them.
Not as simple as buying clothes..
Hope it helps.

thegardens3b

Master Member
Reaction score

Just bought this from Mr Lens. Packaging looks bit off...

tnwETGV.jpg

DFPolgF.jpg

Hope you went for regular eye checks as well. In the case that the lenses are not original, you might be at risk of infections etc......

In all seriousness, it is good to go for eye checks regularly and it is normal if the packaging differs. Sometimes they are manufactured by more than 1 country as the volume is too large.

nivlac9

Reaction score
Yeah I did got for an eye check a month ago. This is a replacement box from online. Will monitor if there is any diff in the lens.

Thanks

Hope you went for regular eye checks as well. In the case that the lenses are not original, you might be at risk of infections etc......

In all seriousness, it is good to go for eye checks regularly and it is normal if the packaging differs. Sometimes they are manufactured by more than 1 country as the volume is too large.

smiletutor

Reaction score
Anyone knows if it's normal for optometrist to provide free trial of contact lens for first time wearers (inclusive of fitting) I wish to try contact lens but unsure if willing to commit.

Really depends! And i think must be a little friendly before requesting or show great interest. Or maybe buy those no degree lens to try first, quality may be different but just to experience the feeling of lens in your eye and if you're fine with that.

Fitting wise, if you has astig seems like lower chance to get trial lens cos more ex? my ownPOV

noobzpro

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi, currently the best in the market it is the Dailies Total 1.
Said to be very comfortable compared to other brands of lenses.
Of course, better to have a contact lens check to see which is suitable for your eyes and whether it fits right to know which is best. Some people might suit other brands better as it is more comfortable for them.
Not as simple as buying clothes..
Hope it helps.

Thanks for the reply. Will go try their free trial to decide.

littlehappy

Reaction score
ok yah fitting contacts n see wich brands suit. tot contacts are drying, actly not all. cos after i changed contacts brands then i realise my eyes not dry anymore.

thegardens3b

Master Member
Reaction score
Anyone knows if it's normal for optometrist to provide free trial of contact lens for first time wearers (inclusive of fitting) I wish to try contact lens but unsure if willing to commit.

Hi, depends on case by case basis.
Lets say you frequent a shop often to purchase spectacles, the staff know you... Trial pairs will definitely be given free - no question.
First timer they are not obliged to provide free, furthermore, if you don't purchase, they will charge for consultation.
It takes lots of time to check the eyes and to teach how to wear... :)

armagaeddon

Reaction score
Suspected Scam - Contactlens SG

Has anyone purchased any contact lenses from Contactlens SG recently? I bought a pair of monthly cosmetic lenses on the 15 Sep and made full payment to them but to date, order status is on hold, with no update from seller.

The whatsapp number listed is invalid and I tried calling the number but to no avail. I tried messaging the seller through Facebook messenger and received a flippant reply and then seller went MIA.

The amount of the lens is not a lot (<S$50) but this is kinda uncalled for, given that there could be 10, 20 other people who could be making their purchase from that site and not getting what they had paid for.

Anyone encountered the same?

mrssim2009

Reaction score
Hi anyone bought contact lens in hong kong and bring back to SG?
Saw that its cheaper there. Tot of buying 1 year supply

thegardens3b

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi anyone bought contact lens in hong kong and bring back to SG?
Saw that its cheaper there. Tot of buying 1 year supply

no restrictions. free to buy wherever you want. but do ask for an eye check. and if the curvature of lens suit your eye and does the lens suit your needs

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.