Huawei Matebook X Pro

Tuakong

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Input: Anyone using Arc Mouse? Really like that it goes all flat when not in use.

TYIA~!

Anyone using the Logitech T630 mouse ?

My matebook shipped by Ms on Monday....
Now looking at skins, sleeves n mouse from TB

BTW how is the Ms Designer BT mouse?

Last edited:

Mr_Browneyes

Reaction score
Got mine from seller on CAROUSELL for $2350 for the i7 version. Do I really need to chg the SSD? Also saw some user saying that there is a partition that we need to remove before use the laptop....is this true?

Mr_Browneyes

Reaction score
EnOm18O.jpg

Is this the one?

Anker PD only 30W max.
Go for Aukey PD and must remember it is 60W model. Carousell should still have :D

Tuakong

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

tutonic

Reaction score
Got mine from seller on CAROUSELL for $2350 for the i7 version. Do I really need to chg the SSD? Also saw some user saying that there is a partition that we need to remove before use the laptop....is this true?

Personally, I did no such thing. The only thing I did was to undervolt it using XTU, so now the fan almost never turns on, and the whole thing runs a lot cooler (and very very quiet). The whole 7-9 second boot time still amazes me, every time I switch it on.

Also, in case some people here don't know, default is set to Function key on, then only can use F1-F12. You can actually remap/swap the button to be Function on then can use the Function Keys. It's in the Huawei app on the laptop.

Last edited:

Mr_Browneyes

Reaction score
Can I run me thru the undervolting process. Nvr done it before.... thanks

Personally, I did no such thing. The only thing I did was to undervolt it using XTU, so now the fan almost never turns on, and the whole thing runs a lot cooler (and very very quiet). The whole 7-9 second boot time still amazes me, every time I switch it on.

Also, in case some people here don't know, default is set to Function key on, then only can use F1-F12. You can actually remap/swap the button to be Function on then can use the Function Keys. It's in the Huawei app on the laptop.

LIN_JOEL

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

I'm using XTU as well.
However despite I apply and saved, the setting will revert back to original after some restart of com.

https://bradshacks.com/matebook-x-pro-throttling/

Under Guide section, he use throttlestop.

Tuakong

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Guys, just for your info.
If u happens to get a Toshiba XG5 SSD and could not bear with the slow write speed due to windows update issue, u can change to another SSD.
I'm using Samsung 970 Pro with it right now and doing a clean installation of OS, so far no issue detected :p

Remember to create a Window Boot disk first and download Huawei Drivers from the web.

Do u partition your 1tb drive or maintain only 1 partion?

Tuakong

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Does the latest Win 10 Pro 1809 support fingerprint recognition?

Just received my 970 Pro 1tb today
The matebook will arrive at cgw tonite though
Will arrange for express shipping

hellhole

Reaction score
Does the latest Win 10 Pro 1809 support fingerprint recognition?

Just received my 970 Pro 1tb today
The matebook will arrive at cgw tonite though
Will arrange for express shipping

feedback on noise and heat.. after you make the swap... !! thanks!!

obiwan_sg

Reaction score
matebook x pro i7 512GB 16GB

I got a brand new sealed model from "chaplangkarangguni" seller on Caroselle for S$2450 which is reasonably good considering exchange rate for USD1700.

So far so good.....loving the small bezel large 13.9" screen.

Am a MacBook Pro user actually impressed with the build of this laptop. Will install MacOS as a VM on this laptop....

gnowyx

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I got a brand new sealed model from "chaplangkarangguni" seller on Caroselle for S$2450 which is reasonably good considering exchange rate for USD1700.

So far so good.....loving the small bezel large 13.9" screen.

Am a MacBook Pro user actually impressed with the build of this laptop. Will install MacOS as a VM on this laptop....

Thanks will avoid buying from you

Tuakong

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone applied new thermal paste on their x Pro cpu n gpu?
Got difference?

suxalot

Reaction score
Hello all I am thinking of getting a Matebook X Pro i5 thru a friend from Shanghai. Was wondering if I need the version with the discrete graphics card?

My primary concern is battery life, to do work on MS PPT and Word and net browsing in general. The integrated card would suffice right?

tyanlin82

Reaction score
Will Huawei bring in the laptop to Singapore? They just announce to bring in matebook X pro and matebook d together with new phone mate 20 to Malaysia.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.