Official Aug 2018 BTO - Yishun

icebox1

Reaction score
Agreeable. So a bit hard. Wonder about the future bus at melody though any ideas?

Was considering Yishun (chose punggol in the end 🤣) and was concerned about public transport as well so I wrote in to LTA and here's their reply:

"We wish to share that LTA’s guiding principles in bus network planning are to provide bus services within 400m of developments and to provide bus connection to a nearby MRT station or key transport node subject to minimum demand.

Yishun Town is served by a network of feeder bus services which link the different neighbourhoods to the town centre where Yishun Bus Interchange/ Yishun MRT Station are located. From there, residents can transfer to other bus services for travel to other parts of Yishun and the island.

Currently residents staying along Yishun St 31 can take Service 806 from the bus stops along Yishun Street 31 or Yishun Avenue 6 directly to the main transport node at Yishun MRT station and Bus Interchange. In addition, they can walk to the bus stops along Yishun Ring Road to take Services 807 and 860, which provide the connection to both Yishun and Khatib MRT station.

For residents staying along Yishun St 42, they can walk to the bus stops along Yishun Avenue 6 or upcoming bus stops along Yishun Avenue 1, where they can take Service 806 or Services 117 and 103 respectively. In addition, Service 117 also provides the connection to Khatib MRT station as well as further destinations such as Sembawang and Punggol.

For travel to the CBD, besides the North South Line, Yishun residents have the option of taking City Direct Service 663 during the peak period from the bus stops along Yishun St 31 or Yishun Avenue 6.*

We would like to assure you that LTA is aware of the upcoming BTO in the area and are actively monitoring the bus service levels. Adjustments will be made when necessary. This can come in the form of adding more trips on existing bus services to cater to the increase in travel demand.

We thank you for writing in.

Yours sincerely

Felicia Goh
Principal Transport Planner
Bus Planning"

Bonhun

Reaction score
Should have at least one bus stop by the time melody is build finish? I reckon maybe one or two buses will route there. Can't see the bus stop plan on the site plan though.

Agreeable. So a bit hard. Wonder about the future bus at melody though any ideas?

TeUiRa

Reaction score
I see thanks for your post. Quite informative. Though wonder how effective it is haha.

ssian84

Master Member
Reaction score
Are the two sites far from mrt?
I got three digits near 300 as my queue number. Like very bad hahaa

meredithalysonlee

Reaction score
Hi all! Finally a thread for Yishun, was looking through the official August 2018 BTO thread, and most of it was regarding Punggol, haha. Thanks for creating!

Any idea when will the brochures be available?

meredithalysonlee

Reaction score
Wow, that's fast!
It's weird though, my queue is before you but i haven't gotten any date yet.
Maybe cause my HLE not done yet?

Thanks thanks. haha 7x for 4-room :s13:
yup, check under application status :) the one same as when we check for our queue no.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.