The Sneakers/Shoe Thread - Part 2

wiz

Reaction score
Wow Plastidip for shoes is a first for me. Usually hear this for cars. Good info thanks

1 can Plastidip aerosol spray in Black - ~$30
Masking tape/Painter's tape - ~$1-$8
Old newspaper - Free

Didn't take any pics of the process but you can easily google it.

General steps:

1) Using the tape, tape around the area of the boost, making sure to leave about 0.5mm gap between the tape and boost. Depending on whether you want to black out the heel cup, you can tape around it as well.

2) Use the newspaper and tape to cover the remaining areas of the shoe so that your paint doesn't get onto those areas.

3) Start spraying with the plastidip. Use light coats and spray a total of about 4 coats, leaving about 10 mins for each coat to dry before spraying the next coat.

4) After you spray the 4th coat, wait for about 4-5mins and start removing the tape slowly. Those that have used plastidip before will know how it works. Those that don't, go read up and see youtube videos before attempting.

It takes some practice to get the spraying right, the fundamentals of doing air-brushing, spray painting applies the same way. So if you are a 1st timer, be prepared that you will cock up. Try on some random objects 1st before attempting on your beloved shoes.

Make sure you cover sufficient area around your spraying area with newspaper to avoid vandalizing the place, especially if you are doing it in a public area.

As for how long it will last, only time will tell. Some people on reddit have said that it's pretty lasting. As with all things, don't try to rub it on kerbs and stuff and you should be alright. Touchup should be fairly easy to do, just tape around the touchup area and cover the rest and spray 1 or 2 coats.

arcfire

Master Member
Reaction score
Wow Plastidip for shoes is a first for me. Usually hear this for cars. Good info thanks

Yeah, it's quite suitable for a number of reasons.

1) It's removable.
2) It has some elasticity so will not crack with wear.
3) If it can last on cars, it should be quite durable on shoes.

Though it also is highly dependent on the area that it is applied to.

Only thing I'm not certain is whether fabric/plastic/rubber materials on shoes will absorb the colour of the plastidip over time.

android17

Banned
Reaction score
went to checked out carousell. So many people selling fake shoes and claiming its real, selling at same price as real ones somemore :s22:

wonder how many people fell for those fakes...

https://sg.carousell.com/p/wts-wtt-...azer-mid-the-ten-grim-reaper-black-193098467/

$950 fake version
wtswtt_us_7_10_off_white_nike_blazer_mid_the_ten_grim_reaper_black_1539439228_141bea5e.jpg

vs

Real :
AA3832-001_launches_hero_landscape_3.jpg

Last edited:

KoChi

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
anybody know where can I get good price for Nike Epic React Flyknit.. from nike shop is 229

ahkaiz

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Doing some clearance of my sneaker collection.

Steal prices

Hu Race Holi Pink Glow *Used* US9.5 Condition 9/10 -$280

Hu Race Holi Chalk Coral *Used*
US9.5 Condition 9/10 -$280

Nike React Element 87 Neptune Green *Brand New* US10 - $279

Nike Cortez Basic Slip Kendrick Lamar *Brand New* US10 - $189

Adidas EQT Support 93/17 Turbo Red *Used* US9.5 Condition 7.5/10 -$120

Pm me for for detail and photo for LC.
Can WhatsApp me @ 94360663
Not looking for trade.

trickle_on

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Seller seems to have all positive reviews. I would suggest asking for photos of the actual shoes. Any seller worth dealing with would accommodate your request and questions.

However, as always, do a proper legit check on the pair before deciding on the item as both the black and orange pairs have good fakes floating out there.

went to checked out carousell. So many people selling fake shoes and claiming its real, selling at same price as real ones somemore :s22:

https://sg.carousell.com/p/wts-wtt-...azer-mid-the-ten-grim-reaper-black-193098467/

$950 fake version
wtswtt_us_7_10_off_white_nike_blazer_mid_the_ten_grim_reaper_black_1539439228_141bea5e.jpg

vs

Real :

lolBoy

Reaction score
Just wondering where do you sell preowned sneaker? I have a Reebok classic that is wore less than 3 times.

Also, anyone have Yung-1? How is it?

boba_fett

Master Member
Reaction score
hmm, if you look carefully at the 1st picture. There is a water mark for the instagram account @py_rates . They are known to have insiders info on stock count of hype releases.

This means that these pictures proof nothing on whether the shoes are real or fake.

Anyway, I will never buy hype sneakers via carousell, nowadays reps are so well made that it is so hard to differentiate from a legit pair. Buy at your own risk

$950 fake version

vs

Real :

trickle_on

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
There are some good deals to be had on carousell.

Just gotta insist on things like retailers receipt, photos to legit check with others, etc.

But yes, lots of fakes floating around.

hmm, if you look carefully at the 1st picture. There is a water mark for the instagram account @py_rates . They are known to have insiders info on stock count of hype releases.

This means that these pictures proof nothing on whether the shoes are real or fake.

Anyway, I will never buy hype sneakers via carousell, nowadays reps are so well made that it is so hard to differentiate from a legit pair. Buy at your own risk

gloryyang

Reaction score
Just wondering where do you sell preowned sneaker? I have a Reebok classic that is wore less than 3 times.

Also, anyone have Yung-1? How is it?

tried selling on carousel? there are many people looking for those sneakers!

daftjunk

Reaction score
I'm having such a hard time trying to buy a shoe from Limited Edt online and so fedup with their non existence customer service. If not for the fact that I need to utilize my voucher, I wont even bother when there are so much better online retailers out there!!!!

Truly limited indeed!!!!!! Who da fk sell vouchers that can only be used online and they hardly update their website and their women range is pathetic!!!!!!

I had the voucher since 2017, probably can only use it in 2020. Nb

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.