Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it

• Need someone to talk to?
    Feeling down, anxious and need help? Mindline.sg has helpful resources for you. More info
Status
Not open for further replies.

Plzhalp

Reaction score
For me I just say no need and hang up. They running out of business liao lah. So many cold call and cold text. I see the group chat, the numbers are all in sequence one. Hopefully nobody falls into their prey.

Think they really no business nowadays...

rigrig

Reaction score
Can so the judge will be more lenient during their sentence

we also broke that y we borrow but never resort to splash paint be their runner. now they kena caught one word broke can just let them off? like that everybody also can just do the same thing

chulu2810

Reaction score
Mine 2nd number still ok. Old number, they send i replied them w my report to iwithness n some they nbnb...
I lol.... then they tone down n recent new ones return after i " tai ji" my business debt collector.
Believe they r link to LS in a way.

Hahaha I lose to u but I still sleep like log too.now those Al cold call me to my new hp no I also scold them.

BaconHam

Reaction score
Mine 2nd number still ok. Old number, they send i replied them w my report to iwithness n some they nbnb...
I lol.... then they tone down n recent new ones return after i " tai ji" my business debt collector.
Believe they r link to LS in a way.

What taiji?
U got biz loan also ah?

BaconHam

Reaction score
Mean push.. like tai ji master...

Business loan i have. Business vendor engage licensed collector also have.

Oic.. Bro.. All these shall pass.
Once u r at ur life's put bottom, u cannot go any deeper.. Thats the time ur life will improve. Got down sure will up.

My one everyday send me many many qns marks. Lol.. But I'll try to pull thru everything also.

Plzhalp

Reaction score
Once u r at ur life's put bottom, u cannot go any deeper.. Thats the time ur life will improve. Got down sure will up.

My one everyday send me many many qns marks. Lol.. But I'll try to pull thru everything also.

Haha....why u say ur AL say until so funny....Everyday send u question marks....

winster

Reaction score
I did something really stupid.

Due to some opportunity to invest I needed some funds so after using up my savings I was still short of some 50k. Coincidentally I had received this message offering loan on watsapp. 50k for 60 months at 1000$ per month. Thinking I give it a try I contacted the number and soon it began.
The guy started chatting and patiently answering all my questions. And by night he had my Singpass login password to check my details. All done and changed the password immediately. Later I got a message saying loan approved, and asked for my account number. Gave it and was told they will send me a test loan which I need to pay in a feeble days. So they transfer 400 and return 700$. 300$ will be returned to ne later. Strange as it sounded I agreed. Shortly after I received the amount and confirmed back.

Today I then got a call saying I need to pay $1280 for processing fee. In total they will return it together with the loan amount. Was busy and didn’t think much so I transferred. My fast transfer allow only 1k so I told the balance I’ll do it tomorrow. That’s when I woke up and started googling out.

Eventually started reading this post and the horror stories. I instantly decided this had to end right away. Called the guy and told him I don’t need the loan and. I also knew I would not get my 1k and so told he can keep it and I am done.

Then the nightmare started. He threatens me that I have to take the loan blah blah but I stood firm. In the end he agrees for me settle info I transfer the 700$ back and we are all square. That was at 11:13. And I had to transfer back by 11:15. Still 2 mins was good enough so I quickly stared my internet app just to realise I already exceeded my daily limit. So immediately called him
Back to say I need 20 mins to drive to posb and make a deposit. He aggresn but as soon as I got there, deposited and sent him the picture of the receipt the guys calls me and says I was late and now I need to pay 2000$.

There was lots of swearing and cursing from him and more messages with lots of threats and pictures. I stood firm saying he will not get a single cent from me. A few more calls later I blocked him. More messages appears from another number so blocked that too. That was the end of it.

All this happened an hour ago. Last threat was that they will send commando to my home and call my wife etc. I did not budge and then the 2000$ became 5000$.

The guy made a cool 1300$ from me for nothing. But after reading some
If the stores here I knew I’d be trouble with a 50k loan over 5 years. I be doomed and so’d be my family.

Now I am just waiting for them to try again to scare me to bet that money they demanded.

I a hoping that they be happy with what they already made from me and don’t bother any more especially since I did not yield to their threats.

I just hope they don’t call my Wife and office tomorrow or even worse show up at my door.

It was big mistake but in the end I think I stepped back out of a larger life time mess.

Rest assured I will not be paying a single cent to them no matter what. But then l expect some anxiety for the next few days or weeks.

Would these guys try or be happy with what the already got from me?

Last edited:

chulu2810

Reaction score
Then u send them exclamation mark!!!!!!! Lol
Ya.. true. What dont kil u will mke u stronger.

BaconHam

Reaction score
Guess u didnt read our thread in detail...
They will try but jus to feed on ur fear

Report and ignore.
Let ur nok n boss n colleagues knw u r scammed so u gt ntg to fear.
I did something really stupid.

Due to some opportunity to invest I needed some funds so after using up my savings I was still short of some 50k. Coincidentally I had received this message offering loan on watsapp. 50k for 60 months at 1000$ per month. Thinking I give it a try I contacted the number and soon it began.
The guy started chatting and patiently answering all my questions. And by night he had my Singpass login password to check my details. All done and changed the password immediately. Later I got a message saying loan approved, and asked for my account number. Gave it and was told they will send me a test loan which I need to pay in a feeble days. So they transfer 400 and return 700$. 300$ will be returned to ne later. Strange as it sounded I agreed. Shortly after I received the amount and confirmed back.

Today I then got a call saying I need to pay $1280 for processing fee. In total they will return it together with the loan amount. Was busy and didn’t think much so I transferred. My fast transfer allow only 1k so I told the balance I’ll do it tomorrow. That’s when I woke up and started googling out.

Eventually started reading this post and the horror stories. I instantly decided this had to end right away. Called the guy and told him I don’t need the loan and. I also knew I would not get my 1k and so told he can keep it and I am done.

Then the nightmare started. He threatens me that I have to take the loan blah blah but I stood firm. In the end he agrees for me settle info I transfer the 700$ back and we are all square. That was at 11:13. And I had to transfer back by 11:15. Still 2 mins was good enough so I quickly stared my internet app just to realise I already exceeded my daily limit. So immediately called him
Back to say I need 20 mins to drive to posb and make a deposit. He aggresn but as soon as I got there, deposited and sent him the picture of the receipt the guys calls me and says I was late and now I need to pay 2000$.

There was lots of swearing and cursing from him and more messages with lots of threats and pictures. I stood firm saying he will not get a single cent from me. A few more calls later I blocked him. More messages appears from another number so blocked that too. That was the end of it.

All this happened an hour ago. Last threat was that they will send commando to my home and call my wife etc. I did not budge and then the 2000$ became 5000$.

The guy made a cool 1300$ from me for nothing. But after reading some
If the stores here I knew I’d be trouble with a 50k loan over 5 years. I be doomed and so’d be my family.

Now I am just waiting for them to try again to scare me to bet that money they demanded.

I a hoping that they be happy with what they already made from me and don’t bother any more especially since I did not yield to their threats.

I just hope they don’t call my Wife and office tomorrow or even worse show up at my door.

It was big mistake but in the end I think I stepped back out of a larger life time mess.

Rest assured I will not be paying a single cent to them no matter what. But then l expect some anxiety for the next few days or weeks.

Would these guys try or be happy with what the already got from me?

BaconHam

Reaction score
Then u send them exclamation mark!!!!!!! Lol
Ya.. true. What dont kil u will mke u stronger.

Dont reply lor
I really dun wan to get affected by it anymore although i get freaked out even when strangers call me. But seriously, its like a mental battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.