Status
Not open for further replies.

spunkbrat

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Gd only if the bus dun go thru some ulu area

Also if u helping family catch
U have no time to switch to another account if u see a gd one

Yeah, maybe a bus that goes thru Orchard Rd, heavier traffic so bus moves slower.

pigpigoink

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any place in jp good to sit and play? Planning to go there but not super familiar with jp.

eh... you just have to follow the pokestops, not so sure as moi usually walk. There should be makan places around which will "touch" the pokestops.

The pokestops form a L shape.

jannworld

Reaction score
Imho the current release are pokedex entries only

The meta relevant or mvp superstars haven’t arrive yet. Maybe mamoswine, rhyperior, palkia dialga will headline this list of Pokémons

Any one among the g4 that is rare and worth keeping? I only have 10-30 spaces so need to do house cleaning.

wrx_77

Master Member
Reaction score
Is suntec the best place in central singapore for the number of gyms and pokemons ? Maybe go there on sunday.

tt32003

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone tried taking a bus for community day? Some of the new buses have USB ports can keep phone charged while playing, got aircon can clock some distance and pokestop quest won't run out.

Not a good idea

Just walk and catch

Bus speed is still too fast even at parts of Orchard Road

tt32003

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
jurong point for aircon and pokestops, if happen to have raid at j.c park which is a ex gym then that is bonus

Sent from Wingtech 2014817 using GAGT

Problem of playing indoor in JP is the GPS drift and network error

The crowd on community day will only make it worse

Snoweagle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is suntec the best place in central singapore for the number of gyms and pokemons ? Maybe go there on sunday.

Suntec, Marina area and City Hall are good places to catch with a considerable number of gyms. I've hunted there many times and recently my sole shiny Drowse was caught at Suntec.

jannworld

Reaction score
Yes my last few cd I don’t go shopping Malls - I take feeder buses to go round and not bad I caught quite a bit of shinies using tap and go method ( tap and see shiny then catch)

Will use same strategy again this weekend

Anyone tried taking a bus for community day? Some of the new buses have USB ports can keep phone charged while playing, got aircon can clock some distance and pokestop quest won't run out.

jannworld

Reaction score
Last 3-4 cds I took feeder buses and caught a lot of shinies using tap and go method

Dun take those buses which hits expressway take feeder buses where they are not that fast

Not a good idea

Just walk and catch

Bus speed is still too fast even at parts of Orchard Road

Mzeria

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Far from it, Botanic Gardens is way better. But it may be way too hot or wet(rainy weather), which is why most people prefer Vivocity since its sheltered.

TwMilkTeaTw

High Honorary Member
Reaction score
for cd only.

somesert 313 alot spawn. walk to taka. U turn back.

with fast catch. i caught 400+ near 500 pokemon before. in 3hrs.

but u must be fast with ur finger n feet.

tt32003

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes my last few cd I don’t go shopping Malls - I take feeder buses to go round and not bad I caught quite a bit of shinies using tap and go method ( tap and see shiny then catch)

Will use same strategy again this weekend

This round is not so much for shiny

More like grinding for as many Beldum candies as possible

Shiny is just a bonus

Same situation as Dratini/Larvitar CD

kan-kon

Reaction score
Last 3-4 cds I took feeder buses and caught a lot of shinies using tap and go method

Dun take those buses which hits expressway take feeder buses where they are not that fast
ah, i have always thought that the shiny rng calculated based on the number of seen and caught, then again seen here mean the mons ran away?

or just tap and go? interesting, me should try this new method for shinies..

ElZedHaitch

Reaction score
Far from it, Botanic Gardens is way better. But it may be way too hot or wet(rainy weather), which is why most people prefer Vivocity since its sheltered.

Suntec is super crowded on Sunday anyway. If more people go will be crazy.

I may follow the other people advise and try Somerset. Seems like a good place which is not too crowded normally.

ragnarok95

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
You been to vivo for CD? Suntec crowd cant fight Vivo. If you think Suntec crowd already a lot, wait till u see Vivo.....

ElZedHaitch

Reaction score
You been to vivo for CD? Suntec crowd cant fight Vivo. If you think Suntec crowd already a lot, wait till u see Vivo.....

Nope. Haven't done a CD. I guess I should avoid vivo for sure. Really not sure where I should go. Now thinking about jp or Somerset or somewhere at the orchard/city hall/bugis area.

ragnarok95

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
Nope. Haven't done a CD. I guess I should avoid vivo for sure. Really not sure where I should go. Now thinking about jp or Somerset or somewhere at the orchard/city hall/bugis area.

If you consider town, there is no better place then somerset 313. Like what milkmilk have suggested, walk from 313 to taka then back. Else, just stay at 313/gateway/central. ;)

jannworld

Reaction score
The tap and go method (tap see if shiny or not, no shiny exit) works more for those non meta relevant cds like the chikorita where u just need 3 shiny for 3 forms evolution

But for the past larvitar or the upcoming beldum, likely will still need to catch for candies especially if want to evolve 3-6 metagross for movesets

I will still use the tap and go on feeder bus, eg if see 3-4 spawn quickly tap and see any shiny, if no shiny then just proceed to best effort catch

ah, i have always thought that the shiny rng calculated based on the number of seen and caught, then again seen here mean the mons ran away?

or just tap and go? interesting, me should try this new method for shinies..

ragnarok95

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
Small area, use the fast catch method so they will spawn more. Tap and go only for big areas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.