Citibank Maxigain Savings Account

Panerex

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Come to think of it, the effective interest rate after 1 year, will it be better than just directly pump into a FD at 1.84%?

Tay Wen Hao

Reaction score
Depends on your situation. If you are already on counter 12, the interest you'll be getting is 2.4+ which means its definitely better then FD at 1.84. Somemore theres is no lock in period for this as compared to FD

Come to think of it, the effective interest rate after 1 year, will it be better than just directly pump into a FD at 1.84%?

Tay Wen Hao

Reaction score
It seems that theres no mail or updates about the min 70k rumour alr? Its alr half way thru the month so most likely it wont be changed for Nov since they need to inform us in advance?

JuniorLion

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It seems that theres no mail or updates about the min 70k rumour alr? Its alr half way thru the month so most likely it wont be changed for Nov since they need to inform us in advance?

This is a rumour. Started by some people at the branches, and effectively propagated by some forummers.

Tay Wen Hao

Reaction score
IDoZiZg.jpg

Some extra perks from Citibank. Just make sure you "topup" your bank account first before spending to maintain the minimum balance.

htngwilliam

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
if I deposit my $ on 18 Oct, when will I get my first interest? Is it 17 Nov? Or they only compute at month end?

vsvs24

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
IDoZiZg.jpg

Some extra perks from Citibank. Just make sure you "topup" your bank account first before spending to maintain the minimum balance.

TnC says only targeted cardholders are eligible for this promo. So if no sms receive, I suppose I am not eligible.

jackieatbtu

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I just did that. I spent on Sunday and forgot to fast transfer till this morning. Now ibanking show those debit transactions as pending. Would I be losing my counters? The daily balance follow transaction date or posting date? :eek:

IDoZiZg.jpg

Ginnylim07

Master Member
Reaction score
Sorry I think this question has been asked a lot of times. Please bear with me.

I just want to ask if we withdraw the interest every month, will the counter be reset?

kehyi4

Reaction score
Sorry I think this question has been asked a lot of times. Please bear with me.

I just want to ask if we withdraw the interest every month, will the counter be reset?
It's also been answered many times: no reset if you withdraw interest only

Sauzan

Master Member
Reaction score
Any personal banker approach you all?
What do they usually sell and is it even worth listening?

jeremysv

Master Member
Reaction score
Will like to seek help from the kind souls here... i am new to this thread and am in the midst of digesting from 1st page onwards.

But it would helped greatly if someone got summarized the steps to maximise setting up maxigain account, i was reading something like put in 10K first then wait until rise above 1% then put in more from CIMB then etc... then some mention take out and reset counters etc... still trying to digest it all...

Cheers

oceanicmanta

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Will like to seek help from the kind souls here... i am new to this thread and am in the midst of digesting from 1st page onwards.

But it would helped greatly if someone got summarized the steps to maximise setting up maxigain account, i was reading something like put in 10K first then wait until rise above 1% then put in more from CIMB then etc... then some mention take out and reset counters etc... still trying to digest it all...

Cheers

Read the Citi MaxiGain T&C & FAQ online.

Try to Open account in last week of the month, or whenever convenient (to minimise opportunity cost of funds)

Try to fund on same day of account opening with 15k via FAST, or whichever way convenient (to ensure Bonus Counter starts clocking at the earliest, else it will start a month later)

note: 10k is min to earn interest, but will kena fall below fee ... so 15k if u dont hv other AUM with Citi

After opening, for next 6 months ... dont do anything with the account, dont think about withdrawing anything ... by then, u shld be getting around 1.7% to 1.8% (if SIBOR remains at present level)

... then, think about whether 1.7/1.8% is attractive to pump more money in ... or wait longer

the key is to open an account to start the clock ticking

jeremysv

Master Member
Reaction score
Read the Citi MaxiGain T&C & FAQ online.

Try to Open account in last week of the month, or whenever convenient (to minimise opportunity cost of funds)

Try to fund on same day of account opening with 15k via FAST, or whichever way convenient (to ensure Bonus Counter starts clocking at the earliest, else it will start a month later)

note: 10k is min to earn interest, but will kena fall below fee ... so 15k if u dont hv other AUM with Citi

After opening, for next 6 months ... dont do anything with the account, dont think about withdrawing anything ... by then, u shld be getting around 1.7% to 1.8% (if SIBOR remains at present level)

... then, think about whether 1.7/1.8% is attractive to pump more money in ... or wait longer

the key is to open an account to start the clock ticking

Thanks for the sharing!

Looking at the sibor chart for past 2 years: http://sibor.sg/history.html

2hwk6wx.jpg

It's an upwards trend with the only major drop during Jan 2018

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.