NIE admission anyone? - Part 2

poppyave

Reaction score
thanks, that helps a lot! i just don't have any idea what time exactly to report & specific interview room :( hope the email arrives tmr lol

I’m new to Hardware zone so they didn’t allow me to PM you privately unless I hit the 10 posts quota :((( I’ll share the email details here for anyone else who needs it too! It’s an annex on the checklist of things to bring on the interview day itself, the components of interview (should have been communicated with you over phone) but just to recap, it’s 10minutes essay, 5 minutes lesson preparation and 20 minutes interview with the panel! The email also has details on what time to report, what your teaching subjects are, and which specific interview room it will be :)

nejezs

Reaction score
Congrats!!

I’m not sure how it’s like in schools but during the interview they will indicate teaching subject 1 & teaching subject 2.

In the details they indicated that your 5 min presentation had to be on the first teaching subject , cos I assume the panellists would be senior teachers in that subject.

For English you can look through the syllabus. Depending on which level , you can tailor the teaching for that.

I picked adjectives for a p3 class.

Curious, Did you apply during the Aug/Sept Batch too? Interesting that they are holding interviews for more than a month😅😅. I wonder when we will get results

Hi, just to clarify, if you have been shortlisted to teach english (pri sch lvl), you can choose to teach either the first or second teaching subject :) it’s stated in the appendix I, part B para 2 :)

periwinklebreeze

Reaction score
thanks, that helps a lot! i just don't have any idea what time exactly to report & specific interview room :( hope the email arrives tmr lol

No problem! I realised they are always contacting people on Saturday mornings so do drop them an email stating you haven’t received the email!

lasting_miracle

Reaction score
hi, after receiving ‘unsuccessful’ status on email, you mean there is still chance for interview? I received the same status too and I thought we can forget about it.

No, I meant..can we just keep reapplying and just hope to get a call for interview one day? I've been called for interview once last year and I wasn't shortlisted. Since then, I've been applying but to no avail. So I'm just wondering if I should just keep applying and just cross my fingers..

Mamimo

Reaction score
Haha this was in my attachement

Presentation Task

“Before the start of the interview proper, you will be asked to give a 5-minute lesson presentation on your first teaching subject, pitched at the level you have been shortlisted for. Do prepare for the presentation beforehand.”

Maybe they have diff instructions for diff candidates ?

Hi, just to clarify, if you have been shortlisted to teach english (pri sch lvl), you can choose to teach either the first or second teaching subject :) it’s stated in the appendix I, part B para 2 :)

aminwahab

Reaction score
No, I meant..can we just keep reapplying and just hope to get a call for interview one day? I've been called for interview once last year and I wasn't shortlisted. Since then, I've been applying but to no avail. So I'm just wondering if I should just keep applying and just cross my fingers..

Yes you can. I've been applying since 2014 and attended my fourth interview last Friday. Dont give up just keep on trying. I have a friend who only gt in aft his fifth interview. 😅

kaylelel

Reaction score
Hello! Oops sorry for the late reply for your previous message! Just saw that you managed to switch over! Congrats! :)

Just FYI, actually for the 5 mins presentation, you just have to choose a topic for one subject. so you can actually choose any Math topic, which i feel would be easier to present. The interview questions thereafter are more general questions (not really subject specific) so just relax and go for it! all the best!
Hi Nejezs, no worries, thanks for the reply and clarifying with regards to what subjects we can present on!

Agree that math is easier to come up with a topic and present on haha!

Do you mind sharing what topic you presented on and how the interviewers tried to disrupt your lesson?

kaylelel

Reaction score
Congrats!!

I’m not sure how it’s like in schools but during the interview they will indicate teaching subject 1 & teaching subject 2.

In the details they indicated that your 5 min presentation had to be on the first teaching subject , cos I assume the panellists would be senior teachers in that subject.

For English you can look through the syllabus. Depending on which level , you can tailor the teaching for that.

I picked adjectives for a p3 class.

Curious, Did you apply during the Aug/Sept Batch too? Interesting that they are holding interviews for more than a month************************************. I wonder when we will get results

Thanks!!

Yeah, I applied during the Aug/Sept Batch too! When did you go for your interview?

And how did it go? (if you dont mind me asking) It's my first time applying and I am really nervous! Hope I won't screw this up!! *Cross fingers*

Mamimo

Reaction score
Mine was on 1st Oct 😅. I thought it went ok, but I can’t really say unless I get a confirmation from them 😂😂😂😂.

I’m sure it’ll go well!! Just scroll through this thread for the commonly asked qns and prep accordingly.

All the best ya!

Thanks!!

Yeah, I applied during the Aug/Sept Batch too! When did you go for your interview?

And how did it go? (if you dont mind me asking) It's my first time applying and I am really nervous! Hope I won't screw this up!! *Cross fingers*

poppyave

Reaction score
hey!! how did you handle the disruptive students portion? and any hard questions that may have stumbled you?

Mine was on 1st Oct 😅. I thought it went ok, but I can’t really say unless I get a confirmation from them 😂😂😂😂.

I’m sure it’ll go well!! Just scroll through this thread for the commonly asked qns and prep accordingly.

All the best ya!

Mamimo

Reaction score
Rather than being disruptive my “students” were commenting on what I was doing. So I engaged them as part of the lesson. 😅 not sure if it was the right thing to do.

One of the harder qns were
1) as a mid career applicant, what are you bringing to the students.
2) when the students graduate ( I.e after 6 years of education, what would you want to see in them.

hey!! how did you handle the disruptive students portion? and any hard questions that may have stumbled you?

poppyave

Reaction score
ooh sounds like engaging them was a good idea. rather keep the students engaged instead of having them drift away haha. thank you!!

Rather than being disruptive my “students” were commenting on what I was doing. So I engaged them as part of the lesson. 😅 not sure if it was the right thing to do.

One of the harder qns were
1) as a mid career applicant, what are you bringing to the students.
2) when the students graduate ( I.e after 6 years of education, what would you want to see in them.

aminwahab

Reaction score
Thank you for the info! Is this EPT a new thing for current applicants? My friends who gt in last few years never heard of this EPT.

I received an email that I may be required to sit for EPT on 29 October. The problem is I have to report for my reservist also on that day. Sigh.

Anyway I was told also about the demand for Pri level teachers. But I didnt have a choice when applying because i can only choose Secondary MT as an option.

Hi Juggernaut,

Will they still email or inform you if you are exempted from taking EPT?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.