Manchester United - Theatre of Dreams - Part 33

Status
Not open for further replies.

AristDing

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Our 2nd half was so much better, and VictorL actually looked like a solid defender after the break. Let's hope he has suddenly woken up. Other than that, I wish CristianoR came back to us instead of Juventus. So obvious that he still strikes the ball better than any of our players. And probably faster and technically superior to RomeluL.
We had a good spell and that actually felt like the United of old. How the hell we failed to score against that keeper who conceded 8 against us in a single match?

And DDG came out superbly tops in his duel with CristianoR. We could have been 2-0 or even 3-0 down.

I'd like to see this same starting 11 a few more times. Looks like the way to go.

I don't think LKK/Martial/Rashford should start together.

Just choose 2.

guile

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
JM gave his reason for not using any subs cos he didn't trust Chong who is our only attacking option to play and pull us back in the game. Talk about showing confidence to the youngster who didn't even have a chance to prove himself.

Sent from Sony G8142 using GAGT

guile

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i1Wd1qrl.jpg

Lol, what did I mention, no Fellaini, no plan B... So no subs. What a joke of a tactician he is. Only 1 plan. This shows that he has 0 plans if we're a goal down. This also shows how much trust he has on our young players.

If LVG didn't trust Martial, he wouldnt be the hero he was on his debut and the player he is today.

Sent from Sony G8142 using GAGT

Asakura

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
'And the only really attacking options I had on the bench was a young 18-year-old lad whose never played in the first team before.'

‘And I didn’t think, given the dynamic of the game, it would have been appropriate to put him on.

‘You can’t expect a young kid coming on, making his debut in a game like that, to be able to give me something like scoring a goal. So basically that’s why I didn’t make any changes and just stuck with the players we had out on the pitch.’

YorYor

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
We saw TahithChong once. And there's a big gulf between him and AnthonyM on his debut.

YorYor

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
can lar. Lukaku play as centreback.
Which reminds me, he actually made a good clearance this time round instead of jumping up and ending up under the ball. That's why I have given up expecting headed goals from him.

apeape

Reaction score
dont know why LKK still can say the team doesn't understand his play. I bet the team doesn't understand how he cannot finish as well, what a bellend.

but power lah Lindelof. Give him a few more matches and confidence, he can be like Vidic (too early? lol)

Asakura

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
let's not start making it sound like Chong would have made a whole lot of difference and use it as ammunition to shoot the mgr. its........ :s22:

Last edited:

guile

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
let's not start making it sound like Chong would have made a whold lot of difference and use it as ammunition to shoot the mgr. its........ :s22:

The thing is, was there a need to mention Chong in such a manner? What he says is not going to instill any confidence in the young man who is already delighted that he is in the subs bench hoping that he might be able to play and contribute to the team.

Only to find out that the manager really has no intention of playing him at all when we are chasing the game through the media. That shows the level of trust he has in his young players. None. Even if he has no intention of using him as a sub, he doesn't have to say it to the press.

And what about Fred? Spend 50million and not use him ever since he scored that 1 goal? He could have offered something different to Matic who kept giving the ball away. Or Herrera or Darmian? They could replace our misfiring LKK. Darmian can replace LKK and we could push Rasford to the top and Young to play RW.

But nope, he's satisfied with us losing 1-0 at home against Juve with poor possession and low no of shots on goal.

6 shots on goal and 2 shots on target at home when the opposition has more than double of that is unacceptable.

Asakura

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
kids have a lot to learn just being at the bench.
its not just to sit there and play with another mate.
The thing is, was there a need to mention Chong in such a manner? What he says is not going to instill any confidence in the young man who is already delighted that he is in the subs bench hoping that he might be able to play and contribute to the team.

Only to find out that the manager really has no intention of playing him at all when we are chasing the game through the media. That shows the level of trust he has in his young players. None. Even if he has no intention of using him as a sub, he doesn't have to say it to the press.

Asakura

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
sad that our main striker contributing more defensively...
Which reminds me, he actually made a good clearance this time round instead of jumping up and ending up under the ball. That's why I have given up expecting headed goals from him.

guile

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
kids have a lot to learn just being at the bench.
its not just to sit there and play with another mate.

Yes i agree that he can learn from the bench..but again, was there a need to say that about Chong to the press. This is more like giving a distraction as to why he can't use his other players. It's not fair to a player like Chong to be used as an excuse as to why he didn't use any subs.

There's so many other things he can talk about like why he didn't replace the poor LKK or Matic with Fred or Herrera or Pereira. Isn't Pereira another attacking option we have?

Asakura

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
play Fred, say he louya lar. offer nothing.
don't play Fred, find fault with Matic

Ch3tah_39

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Before the game all expecting United to lose liao, lose liao isnt it within expectation? 0-1 already lesser than 2 goals eh. So should be happy ma? No one expect United to win anyway hehe

Asakura

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
more often than not, the ones really getting hurt by his words are the fans that don't like him, not the players.
like everything he says also negative effect on players.

somehow only Shaw found positives from it and got better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.