November 2017 SBF

heybuddy

Reaction score
Anywhere to get those ceiling fan with light for lesser than 288 each? 👻🤣
Any good Brands to recommend?

I saw joven itself has ceiling fans with lights.. where to get their products ?

I got my ceiling fans from sg, the cfm and airflow is better than kdk. Around $319 for 52inch and $299 for 46 inch

Amex^1234

Reaction score
Hihi, I would like to check on the fan as i am receiving mixed feedback.

Some ask me to get DC motor type, some ask me to get AC motor type.

I understand that DC motor is quieter and save energy as compare to AC motor type.

So I am unsure what to get. I was being recommended this model : K145Y5

The price of a DC motor is twice the AC motor in Ringgit le.

Can share some of the insights and thought?

lol.. i myself using DC fan... DC is the newest technology ma.. thats y i wouldnt go for AC. Yes many ppl told me DC is more power saving also.. i guess what we need most now is power saving.. the electric bill so ex nowadays... i also bought the stand fan from Novita... they call it the "green fan" which is very power saving also.

zidmosby

Reaction score
lol.. i myself using DC fan... DC is the newest technology ma.. thats y i wouldnt go for AC. Yes many ppl told me DC is more power saving also.. i guess what we need most now is power saving.. the electric bill so ex nowadays... i also bought the stand fan from Novita... they call it the "green fan" which is very power saving also.

Yup, I bought DC fan. $299 with light and remote. But DC is controlled pricing which is better I feel. Was also told on top of cost savings, it is also quieter.

Last edited:

topokki

Reaction score
Sorry to break the flow of this Reno discussion. Dawson site d residents, anyone received any news regarding completion date yet?

Erinlmh

Reaction score
Yo YO how is everyone here.. been MIA for quite sometimes... everyone should got their keys and midst of reno-ing now?? :D

Yo Yo. I have been away for quite a while too. Glad everyone is still active. Am having issue to chose the bunk beds for my girls. Metal or Wooden?

Metal - Study, but might have squeaking sound

Wooden - if not fix properly, might fall apart.

Plan to buy 2 bunk beds. one with single beds up and down and the other with a single bed on top and a study table at the bottom, so each of them can have their own beds without intruding into another's space. My girls are those super rough ones who will fight like boys, so can't put them together on the same bed :s13::s13:

zidmosby

Reaction score
Hey guys. I’m selling off my Mayer Hood 60cm. Let me know if anybody is interested to get it. Bought at $399, selling off at $200. Brand new (need 1 week for it to deliver to my place and then you can self collect).

Xxlxxd

Reaction score
Hello! May i know whether capentry can be done in 1 week plus for kitchen, tv console and wardrobe? My id kept delaying and then say can be done in 1 week plus which i doubt so. Anyone has any experience?

haogui

Reaction score
Yup, I bought DC fan. $299 with light and remote. But DC is controlled pricing which is better I feel. Was also told on top of cost savings, it is also quieter.

Hi, mind pm me your brand model and the shop house address? Need to get it too. Million thank

Amex^1234

Reaction score
Hello! May i know whether capentry can be done in 1 week plus for kitchen, tv console and wardrobe? My id kept delaying and then say can be done in 1 week plus which i doubt so. Anyone has any experience?

my capentry was done in 2 weeks. kitchen, shoe cabinet, high storage platform bed + 3 wardrobe & 2 Tv consoles.

Actually very much depends on how many manpower was doing it :s13:. if your ID can assigned 4-5men/day... 1week+ should be able to.

zidmosby

Reaction score
Hi, mind pm me your brand model and the shop house address? Need to get it too. Million thank

I got my fans from Regal Lighting. Take note that DC fans (not sure about AC) are controlled pricing, so there's really no point to go around different shops to compare.

The one that was on offer for $299 is Acorn Intaglio 52 inch but I ended up with a different option instead as I wanted a specific colour and I needed different fan sizes for different rooms. You can check out their website as they listed all the promos but best to take a look and bring your floorplan so they can help you figure out which is best.

semblady123

Reaction score
Hi all how’s everyone ?
I will move in maybe next week

Just wanna check any online links for buying pendant lights other than HipVan? Really no time to go see shops

123Agi

Reaction score
Got ur keys yet? Any idea what causes the delay?

2 As explained in our earlier reply, we are in the midst of processing your application for Additional CPF Housing Grant (AHG) and Special CPF Housing Grant (SHG). Owing to stringent checks involved in verifying the applicants’ average household income for the past one year, we would need some time to process cases where AHG/SHG is requested for. We will expedite in the processing and liaise with you again should we need any additional documents to process the AHG/SHG.

3 Once the AHG/SHG application is processed, we will inform you of the outcome in a separate letter and will arrange an appointment to sign the Agreement for Lease and collect the keys to your new flat.

Above is 1Nov email from HDB to me.. I just get my AHG result last Thursday.
Wonder when I can collect my key 🙄

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.