NIE admission anyone? - Part 2

Mamimo

Reaction score
Good luck/ congrats guys!! What subjects and levels did you all interview for?

Did they also indicate that the earliest placement date is Feb? And that they will inform you of the outcome latest by Jan?

went on monday!!

poppyave

Reaction score
i did primary music; yes and yes!

Good luck/ congrats guys!! What subjects and levels did you all interview for?

Did they also indicate that the earliest placement date is Feb? And that they will inform you of the outcome latest by Jan?

Valvani

Reaction score
What would be the kinda qs the panel would ask.. my interview is on Monday. Anyone has the same day?

Cesium-137

Reaction score
What would be the kinda qs the panel would ask.. my interview is on Monday. Anyone has the same day?

from my last interview , the questions they ask are quite typical.
1. why do you want to teach?
2. do you know what you are getting yourself into?
3. are you able to cope with the demands of teaching ?
4. how do you cope with rebellious students who may not listen to you.

the rest of the questions are more to find out who you are , your background(if you are a mid career applicant), and what you can offer to the teaching fraternity.
just be yourself , be genuine & confident and hope for the best. hope it helps Good luck!

zelxx_

Reaction score
Hi! I applied for MOE TA/TS, and went for intervew on 1st Oct. Still awaiting reply. Any updates from your side?
Hello! Sadly no :( i went for my interview on 4th oct! May i know if you received any email for medical checkup? And did you apply for pri or sec?

Valvani

Reaction score
from my last interview , the questions they ask are quite typical.
1. why do you want to teach?
2. do you know what you are getting yourself into?
3. are you able to cope with the demands of teaching ?
4. how do you cope with rebellious students who may not listen to you.

the rest of the questions are more to find out who you are , your background(if you are a mid career applicant), and what you can offer to the teaching fraternity.
just be yourself , be genuine & confident and hope for the best. hope it helps Good luck!

Thanks alot

poppyave

Reaction score
i went in without teaching experience for primary music. some of the questions they asked me were pretty interesting, but the rest were typical too.

- why go into teaching?
- in what ways do you think ICT could be used in the lessons you give? (our conversation steered towards that)
- what 21st century skills would your students be equipped with after 6 years of learning music in school? how would you ensure that it will be equipped?
- they hinted on the big news about the removal of semestral exams; they were trying to see if i was updated about current MOE policies

honestly, i didn't prepare for half the questions they asked me. just have to answer from the bottom of your heart i guess, cos i'm sure they can see through you if you're not like sincere about it. hope this helps!

Frayedends

Reaction score
was alright i guess.. mid career here so interview skills are passable :s13:
physics and computer applications at secondary.. you?

I had mine last Thursday... yup mid career change too... 1st teaching subject D&T...,interviewers were very warm and not much of disruptive behaviour during lesson...

Mamimo

Reaction score
Oh wow,forgot abt the 4-5weeks. πŸ˜…πŸ˜… 1-2 weeks before i can call it a day, I GuessπŸ˜….

Has anyone gotten any news from the Aug/sept application?

mmhmm that's what was stated in the email that was sent w/ the attached checklist document!

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.