[Club Discussion]AMD Ryzen Members Club

SGJoe86

Reaction score
Hopping onto the Ryzen bandwagon here finally with my build --->
Any websites for me to post pictures on to share with everyone here? Google Photo doesn't work here :o

Ferolare

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any websites for me to post pictures on to share with everyone here? Google Photo doesn't work here :o

there's always imgur

(or facebook private album -> direct link :crazy:)

singupingu

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Use GAGT and upload from phone

Sent from OnePlus ONEPLUS A3003 using GAGT

Mr.Chocolate

Reaction score
Recently upgraded from 1600 to 2700~ Noticed the temperatures are rather high at idle - can anyone advise if this is normal? Using the Noctua NH-D15 w a custom fan curve.

OC till 3.6ghz, idle temps at 51c and under load (prime95 for 25mins) max temps hover around 70+.

royfrosty

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Recently upgraded from 1600 to 2700~ Noticed the temperatures are rather high at idle - can anyone advise if this is normal? Using the Noctua NH-D15 w a custom fan curve.

OC till 3.6ghz, idle temps at 51c and under load (prime95 for 25mins) max temps hover around 70+.

Hmm quite strange.

Your idle temps seems a bit weird. Cause your load temps are definitely fine though.

Might wanna try remount cooler, check the thermal paste and lastly check your fan settings.

Apart from that what casing are you using? And also how many fans are mounted.

Mr.Chocolate

Reaction score
Hmm quite strange.

Your idle temps seems a bit weird. Cause your load temps are definitely fine though.

Might wanna try remount cooler, check the thermal paste and lastly check your fan settings.

Apart from that what casing are you using? And also how many fans are mounted.

2x front Gentle Typhoon at front and 1x Gentle Typhoon at rear in Pull config, reseated and using the meshify c case

SGJoe86

Reaction score
2x front Gentle Typhoon at front and 1x Gentle Typhoon at rear in Pull config, reseated and using the meshify c case
try resetting and updating your BIOS? no reason for the idle to run so high yet the temp looks about right when under load.

concept_fuel

Reaction score
No idea how to post the pics here with flickr, so only know how to share link with it.
1. Build process and final product
2. Loop contamination after two days

3. Now loop running on EK-Cryofuel Clear after flushing it with Mayhem Blitz Pro, but the blocks are still slightly contaminated.

Swore never to use any Thermaltake products after this

Here you go....not all though(limited to 8 pics per post), for the rest just follow the link above.

1.Build process and final product
30640894077_3273be0a7e_k.jpg

45582108471_62369f284c_k.jpg

2.Loop contamination after two days
45582108771_839fd47a5d_k.jpg

30640967597_715cae7f5a_k.jpg

45531576022_74c3663f25_k.jpg

So how's the rig now?
Temps ok?
You might wanna disassemble the blocks and clean it especially the fins if your confident enough but if not then you got to live with it and also with EK blocks you'll void warranty I guess :o
The most frustrating part is putting back the O ring and the most important part as well for a good seal.
To give you some encouragement my cpu block disassembled below, though if your not comfortable better not do it I guess.

93V4qeG.jpg

Boanr7m.jpg

SGJoe86

Reaction score
So how's the rig now?
Temps ok?
You might wanna disassemble the blocks and clean it especially the fins if your confident enough but if not then you got to live with it and also with EK blocks you'll void warranty I guess :o
The most frustrating part is putting back the O ring and the most important part as well for a good seal.
To give you some encouragement my cpu block disassembled below, though if your not comfortable better not do it I guess.

93V4qeG.jpg

Boanr7m.jpg

Thanks for the repost, I'm still trying to learn how to post with flickr here :o

I've flushed the system thoroughly with Mayhem Blitz Pro, now running on EK-Cryofuel Clear Concentrate, mix it with distill water. Didn't dismantle the blocks as I don't want to void the no-leak seal warranties on the blocks so soon. Managed to clear most of the gunk, but there are still some stuck at obscure corners around the blocks.

Temp wise is pretty OK, idle around 30-ish if no OC, OC idle around 40. OC load temps will be closer to 70.

Phen8210

High Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score

My temps used to be like yours, but my reason was H212 mounted horizontally. I guess its normal ba.

sglords

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
No idea how to post the pics here with flickr, so only know how to share link with it :o
1. Build process and final product
2. Loop contamination after two days

3. Now loop running on EK-Cryofuel Clear after flushing it with Mayhem Blitz Pro, but the blocks are still slightly contaminated.

Swore never to use any Thermaltake products after this :s22:
U shouldnt be using thermaltake c1000 with petg as it contains ethylene glycol

Sent from Xiaomi MI 6 using GAGT

shadow84

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The thing near to front rad is your filter? Also, whats that extra tubing on res top? Is it for fill port and you just chuck the tubing to a corner, lol?

Actually, i had opened up gpu and cpu blocks to clean off thoroughly either for sales or redo loop. As long as you slowly put back the o-ring, should be fine. What you can do is to get 2 tubing and connect cpu / gpu separately to res/pump combo. Turn it on and check for leaks. If ok, can put back into system already.

SGJoe86

Reaction score
The thing near to front rad is your filter? Also, whats that extra tubing on res top? Is it for fill port and you just chuck the tubing to a corner, lol?

Actually, i had opened up gpu and cpu blocks to clean off thoroughly either for sales or redo loop. As long as you slowly put back the o-ring, should be fine. What you can do is to get 2 tubing and connect cpu / gpu separately to res/pump combo. Turn it on and check for leaks. If ok, can put back into system already.
Yah, that was a filter with flow meter (those spinning ball thingy). The white powder clogged it up plus the red coolant made it impossible to see it, so I removed it during my 1st attempt.
I've reinstalled it back into my loop since I'm using clear coolant now, can see everything clearly.

As for the top of the reservoir, that's the flexi fill tube connected to the fill port on top of the case. Since the R6 came with a proper fill port hole, I got the fill port installed permanently in place. Lazy to take out the fill hose, so just leave it in place :o

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.