[Official] Playstation 4 PS4 club - Part 3

Swordsman

Banned
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Wah the list is damn true.

Here's a comparison of rdr2 and ac: odyssey by kotaku.
https://kotaku.com/red-dead-redemption-2-defiantly-bucks-open-world-trends-1830101610
Quote:
In the Ubisoft model, everything is laid out at the player’s feet. The game feels like a digital tool, or maybe an operating system. It’s full of menus and progress bars. Every activity fits into a larger, clearly delineated context: enemy outposts, sync points, caves, tombs, cities, leader homes, convoys, and so on. You always know precisely what you’re doing and where you stand.

Red Dead Redemption 2 does almost none of those things, which makes for a fascinating, distinctive experience. I find it appealing despite its evident flaws, and in a completely different way from something like AC Odyssey.

The game is okay to me. I enjoy the story, gameplay mechanic can be better but overall I'm enjoying the game so far.

how is this a 10/10 game if there are so many "issues"

Bumblebee Man

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The list is exactly what I'm experiencing. Definitely not a game for working adults with limited play time. You will probably spent most of your time riding the horse.

Runez

Master Member
Reaction score
The list is exactly what I'm experiencing. Definitely not a game for working adults with limited play time. You will probably spent most of your time riding the horse.

i use to play destiny 2 with all 3 classes, just logging in do daily and weekly challenges, no time for other games

WhiteHunter

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

assassin creed odyssey also another game which is very time consuming. easily 50 hours or more.

Swordsman

Banned
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
it become a chore and had to stop so can play other games

yeah.. when a game become a chore. you have to stop playing..

we play video games because we want to have fun, not to have a 2nd "job"..:s13:

Last edited:

EmPtYsOuLz

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I played through 90+ hours of Persona 5 (including countless hours in the random dungeons to farm personas) and it all felt fun and time well spent

Will give RDR2 another couple of hours tonight, otherwise will most likely sell it while prices and high and buyback 6-12 months later

Sent from OnePlus ONEPLUS A3003 using GAGT

Swordsman

Banned
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
I played through 90+ hours of Persona 5 (including countless hours in the random dungeons to farm personas) and it all felt fun and time well spent

Will give RDR2 another couple of hours tonight, otherwise will most likely sell it while prices and high and buyback 6-12 months later

sell at tog for 55..

think can get better deal if sell at carousell

EmPtYsOuLz

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
how is this a 10/10 game if there are so many "issues"
The experience is very different when you play the game in long stretches(as the game reviewers do) vs spending an hour a day

If you spent an hour playing your PS4 after work,

1. 5mins are spent loading the game
2. 5 mins orientating yourself in the game and map
3. 20 mins horseriding between objectives
4. 10 mins looting the bodies and location

Just some very rough time estimates but you get the point.... end up only a small fraction of that hour spent in action lol

Whizdom

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Still a steep price for me to hoot for $80. Will get it once the price is lower then hoot

Sent from Samsung SM-N950F using GAGT

lifeishard

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
couldn't agree more on comments at RDR2...game developers really should give us an option to toggle off the animation for looting/skinning animals...for the first few times it was cute, after that it is really waste of time.

Riding long distance is really time consuming although also quite fun when intercepted halfway by outlaws. It's inevitable for ps4 processing power but really sianz to see frames drop in town/basecamp.

However, overall I still like the game and did not regret buying digital version for around $70. I believe my kid may play and like it too when he grows older :s13:

Crossing my fingers that PS5 allows playing of PS4 games...

Last edited:

noinimod

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
dragon quest xi is time consuming too but i love every min out of it.
I'm currently loving DQXI so much, enjoying every moment. Reading all these negative reviews of RDR2 makes me worried and interest level going down bit by bit lol.
The experience is very different when you play the game in long stretches(as the game reviewers do) vs spending an hour a day

If you spent an hour playing your PS4 after work,

1. 5mins are spent loading the game
2. 5 mins orientating yourself in the game and map
3. 20 mins horseriding between objectives
4. 10 mins looting the bodies and location

Just some very rough time estimates but you get the point.... end up only a small fraction of that hour spent in action lol

That's a great point eh.. us working adults just don't have the luxury of time to sit down for long stretches of time to game.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.