Citibank Maxigain Savings Account

thebat

Reaction score
Last weekend I also went to Citibank branch at Waterway Point wanting to open MaxiGain account. The staff standing at the entrance told me that Citibank will impose $70K min balance in order to get bonus interest in Jan 2019. I left without opening the account on hearing this.

Later, I submitted an enquiry from their website asking for confirmation about this soon-to-be restriction.

Citibank gave a rather long reply mostly apologizing for the incident saying that this was not an acceptable level of customer service.

For the $70K restriction, they only made one paragraph statement quoted below.

"The Policy for the 70,000 SGD have not been introduced yet, we will be
sending communication if this is going to be applied to the accounts."

Not sure if anyone also made enquiries and gotten similar replies. What to make of this? They are neither denying this policy nor are they saying when or if it will be imposed.

For people wanting to open new accounts, this is not very reassuring.

JuniorLion

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Not sure if anyone also made enquiries and gotten similar replies. What to make of this? They are neither denying this policy nor are they saying when or if it will be imposed.

This is rather expected of them. Why would they deny it? If they do, and it happens 6 months down the road, you'll hold them responsible.

cloud1984

Reaction score
Last weekend I also went to Citibank branch at Waterway Point wanting to open MaxiGain account. The staff standing at the entrance told me that Citibank will impose $70K min balance in order to get bonus interest in Jan 2019. I left without opening the account on hearing this.

Later, I submitted an enquiry from their website asking for confirmation about this soon-to-be restriction.

Citibank gave a rather long reply mostly apologizing for the incident saying that this was not an acceptable level of customer service.

is the $70,000 total relationship balance or for the maxigain account? If it is the latter , I gg already.

Boy who Procrastinates

Reaction score

lol i went to the same branch 2 months ago and the staff at the counter told me the same thing that there's going to be change in Nov.

Last edited:

havetheveryfun

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
lol i went to the same branch 2 months ago and the staff at the counter told me the same thing that there's going to be change in Nov. Not sure why they keep spreading this kind of rumour :s11::s11:

the banker which helped open my account told me that if you think from their point of view, they would rather take the chance to warn you about the rumor even if it may not be true, then have you come back and complain to them when such a thing does really kick into place.

just imagine if they open the maxigain acc for you in October without warning you. then just nice indeed, citibank decide to change this T&C according to these so-called rumors in Nov, less than a month after you opened the account. how would you feel ? would you also complain about them like now ? either way, they lose, so they rather take the better losing option, which is to warn you, and also save their time on ppl who chose to believe the rumor

Boy who Procrastinates

Reaction score
the banker which helped open my account told me that if you think from their point of view, they would rather take the chance to warn you about the rumor even if it may not be true, then have you come back and complain to them when such a thing does really kick into place.

just imagine if they open the maxigain acc for you in October without warning you. then just nice indeed, citibank decide to change this T&C according to these so-called rumors in Nov, less than a month after you opened the account. how would you feel ? would you also complain about them like now ? either way, they lose, so they rather take the better losing option, which is to warn you, and also save their time on ppl who chose to believe the rumor

Hmm you have a point there. better to be on the safe side.

demoforce1

Master Member
Reaction score

there is no point to warn for something is still not confirm
what I see, that folks are just simply lazy to entertain this as no benefits for them

htngwilliam

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
there is no point to warn for something is still not confirm
what I see, that folks are just simply lazy to entertain this as no benefits for them

So far I met a few lousy/ soso RM in Citibank. As compared to those in UOB/ DBS/ OCBC, I feel rather unprofessional.

How can you tell clients about something that is untrue. What rumors? I think by doing that, it is already unprofessional:

1. Tell potential clients things that is not true
2. Even if they hear in advance from bosses/ colleagues, they should keep it confidential until official release (disclosure of company confidential info)
3. If the RM and you has great relationship, then maybe ok to share as friends.

ysyj48

Reaction score

lol i just opened new acct on Monday at Macdonald's hse branch, the guy who opened my acct didnt say anything. but maybe becuase i was already v black face. i went in the morning to open but didnt bring NRIC (thought drivers license is good enough) but the guy say cannot, so i had to go home n take IC and go back to the branch so was jin fed up already.

havetheveryfun

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
lol i just opened new acct on Monday at Macdonald's hse branch, the guy who opened my acct didnt say anything. but maybe becuase i was already v black face. i went in the morning to open but didnt bring NRIC (thought drivers license is good enough) but the guy say cannot, so i had to go home n take IC and go back to the branch so was jin fed up already.

actually mine also didnt say much, all is i asked him first then he shared with me

need IC because need your address all that la for them to send the debit card/atm ccard etc to your house... drivers license where got good enough

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.