[OFFICIAL] Taiwan Guide and Taiwan related matters - Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

calkel20

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Guys, im planning a trip to Qian Tian Gang grassland trails at yang ming shan, what i've found is taking bus from jian tan station S15 or S17 goes all the way to the trail, but i cant find any info on the duration of the bus ride.. anyone can help? or issit better to take a cab from jian tan station?

TIA

U got how many people?
If 3-4, cab lor.
If 1-2, wait for bus ba.
Should be quite regular.

calkel20

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i wasnt even in restaurant, just a lok cot eatery yet ownself hang up so high.....plus they did not mention there is minimum spending and (hawker) come jjww.

ask nicely what is that fish in the menu also jjww fierce ppl.

Lok kok to you, but maybe high SES place.
HK many lok kok ones, but service is TMD fierce.
U better dun go HK...

rrr2015

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
据我所知, 从剑潭只有小15公车, 车程大约45分钟
http://www.e-bus.taipei.gov.tw/newmap/Tw/Map?rid=11206&sec=0

Guys, im planning a trip to Qian Tian Gang grassland trails at yang ming shan, what i've found is taking bus from jian tan station S15 or S17 goes all the way to the trail, but i cant find any info on the duration of the bus ride.. anyone can help? or issit better to take a cab from jian tan station?

TIA

calkel20

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hotel in taiwan is quite affordable. for airbnb, please check whether they have insured the place, else anything bad happens like heater-gas leak, u'd have to bear responsibility.

I'd stay in a hotel anytime in taiwan.

Yes.
That is my main concern.
And also fire-safety.
There is no way to know.
How you actually find out will be after checking in.

For Eg, many people go to HK and stay in Kowloon, chungking mansion.
But if really that side kena fire, it will be a major disaster.
Many fire safety issues.

The only time you pay, it will be with your life.

rootz

Reaction score
Anyone has any idea whether is KLOOK the best rate for price of maokong gondola? It is selling for 9 for a return trip.

calkel20

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone has any idea whether is KLOOK the best rate for price of maokong gondola? It is selling for 9 for a return trip.

Advise dun save that money.
Sometimes windy, they do not operate.
Then u really GG.
It is not weatherproof.

TLCTLC88

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is Tianjin street in Taichung worth going? I read it is like Wufenpu in Taipei.

I will be in taichung on 1 Jan so wonder wat type of clothing there will have. If it is all winter clothes then I see no point. Cannot try on the clothing right?

calkel20

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

I will be in taichung on 1 Jan so wonder wat type of clothing there will have. If it is all winter clothes then I see no point. Cannot try on the clothing right?
In TW, all sales are seasonal . So basically will not stock up for summer during freezing cold period.

TLCTLC88

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
In TW, all sales are seasonal . So basically will not stock up for summer during freezing cold period.

Thanks. I think also cannot try on the clothes since it is a wholesale street?

By the way still need your help to get train tickets from Taichung to Taipei. I will pm u.

calkel20

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks. I think also cannot try on the clothes since it is a wholesale street?

By the way still need your help to get train tickets from Taichung to Taipei. I will pm u.

wholesale, nothing much. Try local brand NETT etc.
nowadays the locals also buy online liao.
Lesser from brick and mortar..

seianko

Suspended
Reaction score

all these very personal preferences. but i feel tianjin road ones are of much better quality, i dun get such quality for that price even in sg (without haggling) and more korean style clothes design. I am very used to buying like that and dun need try able to tell whether i can wear mah. for pants is harder, need to bring ur own pants to compare hem to hem

i also managed to buy muji brand long tights there for 200NT per piece (i bought 1/2 dozen and i haggled) and it cost 750NT in MUJI shop.

in taiwan, more clothes choice for ladies than men. Wufenpu, cheap ones wun sell u cos they are looking at bulk sale. Tianjin road will entertain u. more young children clothes in tianjin road. this time of the year its all thick clothes....no summer

ADDITIONal INFO:
the best takoyaki i had was at WUFENPU. Thats if that ah hia is till there selling

Last edited:

seianko

Suspended
Reaction score
Lok kok to you, but maybe high SES place.
HK many lok kok ones, but service is TMD fierce.
U better dun go HK...
i never wanna go HK leh. go there is merely visit friends. HK is chop chop eat n go. fierce is their day to day life, HK culture.

its lok kok la. there are high ses places at the same stretch. llst also cos thats the only stall that dun need to wait 20 mins for a seat

whywhy80

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi all, wanna ask whether this itinerary is ok?

A friend suggested to stay at Jiaosi when in yilan (Day 5) for hotspring but based on schedule, i dun think we have much time to soak..
maybe just a while at night? :s11:

Which are the boring ones that can be skipped?
Any interesting must go that i missed out?
All inputs or advice appreciated.
Thank you! :D

Day 1 台中>薰衣草森林>勝興車站>龍勝斷橋>中社花市>高美濕地>逢甲夜市>台中飯店

Day 2 台中>彩虹眷村> 日月潭遊湖>九族文化村>住日月潭

Day 3 日月潭 >埔里酒廠>天空步道>青青草原>觀山牧場>小瑞士花園>紙箱王>老英格蘭拍照>住宿清境

Day 4 清境>合歡山>碧綠神木>太魯閣國家公園>七星潭>花蓮夜市>花蓮飯店

Day 5 花蓮>清水斷崖>南方澳觀景台>午餐(海鮮)>三星蔥餅DIY > 羅東林場 > 羅東夜市 > 住宿宜蘭

Day 6 宜蘭>城保咖啡>南雅奇石>黃金瀑布>陰陽海>九份老街>十分瀑布>十分放天燈>台北飯店

seianko

Suspended
Reaction score
Hi all, wanna ask whether this itinerary is ok?

A friend suggested to stay at Jiaosi when in yilan (Day 5) for hotspring but based on schedule, i dun think we have much time to soak..
maybe just a while at night? :s11:

Which are the boring ones that can be skipped?
Any interesting must go that i missed out?
All inputs or advice appreciated.
Thank you! :D

Day 1 台中>薰衣草森林>勝興車站>龍勝斷橋>中社花市>高美濕地>逢甲夜市>台中飯店

Day 2 台中>彩虹眷村> 日月潭遊湖>九族文化村>住日月潭

Day 3 日月潭 >埔里酒廠>天空步道>青青草原>觀山牧場>小瑞士花園>紙箱王>老英格蘭拍照>住宿清境

Day 4 清境>合歡山>碧綠神木>太魯閣國家公園>七星潭>花蓮夜市>花蓮飯店

Day 5 花蓮>清水斷崖>南方澳觀景台>午餐(海鮮)>三星蔥餅DIY > 羅東林場 > 羅東夜市 > 住宿宜蘭

Day 6 宜蘭>城保咖啡>南雅奇石>黃金瀑布>陰陽海>九份老街>十分瀑布>十分放天燈>台北飯店
ur itinerary very pack.......feels like each location see look 30-45 mins and need to move on

u have to be sure that the people in ur group have good physicality and stamina
personal take, 黃金瀑布 can skip. its really not consider as waterfall IMHO, the taiwanese very good in twisting. if u really wan, u can replace that w 7-du manmade water fall(someone correct me if i am wrong)

hotsprings.... this trip i really do many homework! not many offer 4 ppl pte bath use. mostly is 2 pax per room. diff soup hv diff speciality. if u r staying at yilan, just check into a hotel in jiaosi w that facility. take out 1 -2 items in ur yilan trip. yes bath towards end of trip is very worthwhile

another personal take - NM is same everywhere. perhaps only 2 specialty food on each area(province). whatever food i see in fengjia, is same as what i see in zhongxiao, yizhong, shilin, taoyuan. only keelung slight different cos it is by the sea more "sea" items. which also means what i see in keelung will be thereabouts in yilan and luodong. this time huadong, again my missed out areas, partly i cannot get any tickets + lack of time ==> which also heng cos if i do have tickets, i will be in that fated langga train

earthquake was interesting....the building really SWAY n SWAY

Last edited:

calkel20

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i never wanna go HK leh. go there is merely visit friends. HK is chop chop eat n go. fierce is their day to day life, HK culture.

its lok kok la. there are high ses places at the same stretch. llst also cos thats the only stall that dun need to wait 20 mins for a seat

Same thing for me.
It's like an every 2 year ritual.
They ask me when come again, i say too congested.
Perhaps 3 years!

ZenTape

Reaction score
Guys, this will be the first time for my wife and I to go xinbeitou. (though we have been to Taipei couple of times). Can we have recommendations of pte hotspring experience and what are the attractions we should check it out when we are there? Going in mid Nov. Thank you so much :)

Sent from Xiaomi MI PAD 4 using GAGT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.