Dell XPS 15

gho_sam

Reaction score
Hello Folks,
Is there a Dell booth in the tech show? Any nice promotion on going for the Dell XPS 15 notebook.

Please share if you have seen dell xps notebooks on offer?

Thank you in advance

Dr.Vijay

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Yes, Dell is at the show.

We'll be uploading their brochures shortly.

september593

Reaction score
HI, is there anyone able to confirm that there is XPS 2in1, 9575 available at the IT show.
Else can anyone advise how to order thru Amazon, or anywhere that is cheaper?

I have also saw this company, anyone able to advise if its repeatable?
https://www.bigapplebuddy.com/

Dr.Vijay

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
If you buy it from overseas, you'll have a problem with warranty matters?

HI, is there anyone able to confirm that there is XPS 2in1, 9575 available at the IT show.

xthene

Reaction score

i order my dell xps 15 9575 through amazon.
Its a certified refurbished item though -- 16G RAM, 512 SSD and it comes with windows 10 PRO (not Home) and the premium stylus pen (4k pen sensitivity).
(both pro and the premium pen are not included if you bought item new).
It looks very new and the screen color looks gorgeous.

The advantage of getting a certified refurbished item (apart from lower price) is --- you know it definitely works because it was checked before packaging. The disadvantage is of course its a used item. if u r lucky, u may just get an opened box item or a relatively new item.

But you need to get an adapter plug for the power cord.
Either that, or if you have owned a older notebook, you can reuse the part of the power cord that plugs into our socket. then u don't need the adapter.
that's what i did.

Regarding the warranty ---- once you received the item, let it run for a few hours to get all the updates. You will also be given a Windows key to activate the OS. Next, log into dell account to update owner's profile (i.e. yr profile)for the warranty.

I use ezbuy ship-for-me service for the shipment. in total it cost me about $2300.

In Singapore, it would cost me about $3k to get the same item running on Windows Home and without the premium pen (which would cost u another $100).

Note: actually its cheaper if u order direct from dell-us. Unfortunately they only accept credit card with same address as US shipment address.

Last edited:
Reaction score
i order my dell xps 15 9575 through amazon.
Its a certified refurbished item though -- 16G RAM, 512 SSD and it comes with windows 10 PRO (not Home) and the premium stylus pen (4k pen sensitivity).
(both pro and the premium pen are not included if you bought item new).
It looks very new and the screen color looks gorgeous.

The advantage of getting a certified refurbished item (apart from lower price) is --- you know it definitely works because it was checked before packaging. The disadvantage is of course its a used item. if u r lucky, u may just get an opened box item or a relatively new item.

But you need to get an adapter plug for the power cord.
Either that, or if you have owned a older notebook, you can reuse the part of the power cord that plugs into our socket. then u don't need the adapter.
that's what i did.

Regarding the warranty ---- once you received the item, let it run for a few hours to get all the updates. Next, log into dell account to update owner's profile (i.e. yr profile) for the warranty.

I use ezbuy for the shipment. in total it cost me about $2300.

In Singapore, it would cost me about $3k to get the same item running on Windows Home and without the premium pen (which would cost u another $100).

Got problem ship back how much? :(
Coil whine

xthene

Reaction score
Got problem ship back how much? :(
Coil whine

Got problem, log into your dell account, report problem and get local dell support. its covered under international warranty.

(Note: but i must confess i have not tried dell international support service yet)

Last edited:

dragonsballz

Reaction score
Got problem, log into your dell account, report problem and get local dell support. its covered under international warranty.

(Note: but i must confess i have not tried dell international support service yet)

U bought your dell from Amazon...So warranty covered by Dell Singapore as in International warranty? Even for refurbished item?

xthene

Reaction score
U bought your dell from Amazon...So warranty covered by Dell Singapore as in International warranty? Even for refurbished item?

UPDATE: I tried transferring the warranty here but ... failed.

I checked and realised:

"*Note: Customers with Alienware, Inspiron and XPS systems shipping from March 13, 2017, with Basic Warranty, will no longer have International Warranty Service when traveling or relocating outside the original country of purchase. ** An exception to this policy applies for customers travelling or relocating to Brazil or Argentina, or where no entitlements are sold."

Source:
https://www.dell.com/support/conten...Support-Services/international-contact-center

So ......... that's it.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.