Wireless IP Camera thread

skintigh

Reaction score
For low budget to monitor baby and maid, worth to get PT498V ($79)? Or Yi camera instead? Any recommendation?

All I can tell is sineoji cameras are fast in connectivity when you remotely access your camera on mobile data even from overseas like Australia. When you pan , it swings instantly, real-time. sineoji pt498v is good enough for baby monitoring.

nomoreliaola

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi quick qn ! first time in here... err need to buy 2 in flat for new maid .... may i ask . (stupid qn) possible to install without drilling or laying cable ah ? which would be good , no need high ses or satki one.... just decent one kind le ... :D

Lex1989

Banned
Reaction score
Need recommendation!!!!

Ownself do installation and setup.

Need CCTV recommendations!! :D

Without cloud. Just probably around 5 cameras and will link to a computer.

Will only playback when needed. Maybe can also have a monitor constantly playing.... in room

rainforest

Reaction score
Hi, I have a mijia home ip camera, now is not working.

-the device is online.

-loading stuck at 40%

-msg say " unfortunately, Mi home has stopped".
Any help? Thanks.

sgnimo

Reaction score
I have a Sineoji PT714V, enable motion alarm recording and I am able to view the history of the recorded videos when there is a motion detected. At the same time, when the motion is triggered, there is a siren triggered too from the IPcam. Can the siren be disabled ?

IMG-20181102-143758.jpg

IMG-20181102-153804.jpg

nomoreliaola

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi quick qn ! first time in here... err need to buy 2 in flat for new maid .... may i ask . (stupid qn) possible to install without drilling or laying cable ah ? which would be good , no need high ses or satki one.... just decent one kind le ... :D

up :D:D:D:D

didymus

Reaction score
Just got the 716 model.. just to ask.. does sineoji cam supports 5hz wireless or only 2.4hz??

goodwin

Reaction score
I have a Sineoji PT714V, enable motion alarm recording and I am able to view the history of the recorded videos when there is a motion detected. At the same time, when the motion is triggered, there is a siren triggered too from the IPcam. Can the siren be disabled ?

IMG-20181102-143758.jpg

IMG-20181102-153804.jpg

check the ip address assigned to the camera. If you are using an iPhone, it displays the ip of the cam. On the Sineoji app, click +, lan search, ip is displayed.

Then go to your IE11 web browser.

enter the ip in the address bar http://192.x.x.x:8081 (assuming this is your cam ip)
login with your cam username and password.
Go to your IE menu under tools, add compatibility view and add the ip address in the field.
after login, choose view from IE.
Then go to the settings icon
Select the alarm settings on the right menu.
uncheck the siren
Then apply.

KayElf

Reaction score
Can Sineoji set a timer, turn on and record for a specific time frame? e.g.: 9am-6pm only.

didymus

Reaction score
Just bought the Sineoji PT716V cam.

Realized the motion sensor recording ... too sensitive.. set to "1" sensitivity will also record when screen nothing moving... anyone knows how to set so that it will record only when real reasonable object/human moving??

Also how to setup ONVIF/port forwarding to view on 4G? I have tinycam pro installed on my android phone! :D

mmchaisi

Reaction score
On the Sineoji cameras, what’s the difference between administrator, operator and observer? I can log on to any of these and still see the passwords for all the user types.

Also, is there a way to download a recording file from the sd card without having to remove the card?

Using IOS app.

Dave27

Reaction score
Can Sineoji set a timer, turn on and record for a specific time frame? e.g.: 9am-6pm only.

Yes you can , go to your Sineoji app, select the blue i symbol (settings). Go to sdcard.
On the recording time schedule, on it and you can see the days and the time to turn on the recording. Save it after you set them.

Dave27

Reaction score
On the Sineoji cameras, what’s the difference between administrator, operator and observer? I can log on to any of these and still see the passwords for all the user types.

Also, is there a way to download a recording file from the sd card without having to remove the card?

Using IOS app.

Administrator - you have full rights to change the camera settings,view live and pan the camera.
Operator - you can view live and pan the camera but no access to the camera settings.
Observer - you can view live but you can't pan and no access to the camera settings

To download the recording file, check the IP address of the camera. Then within the same network, go to your web browser and enter the IP address of the camera http://192.168.a.b:8081/sd

You can download the clips from the recording folder.

mmchaisi

Reaction score
Administrator - you have full rights to change the camera settings,view live and pan the camera.
Operator - you can view live and pan the camera but no access to the camera settings.
Observer - you can view live but you can't pan and no access to the camera settings

Thanks but something must be seriously wrong then, as I can logon as an operator or observer, list devices and enter device information where I can see and change all the passwords including
Administrator. I've tried this on a new ipad, and from a different network too.

To download the recording file, check the IP address of the camera. Then within the same network, go to your web browser and enter the IP address of the camera http://192.168.a.b:8081/sd

You can download the clips from the recording folder.

Thanks, works but hard to find and undocumented?

monfrisco

Reaction score
Thanks but something must be seriously wrong then, as I can logon as an operator or observer, list devices and enter device information where I can see and change all the passwords including
Administrator. I've tried this on a new ipad, and from a different network too.

This is a software bug for iPhone iOS for operator and observer user which we have fixed it. You may update the app to version 8.5 next week when it goes live on the app store for download.

Android does not have this bug.

As of now, you may change the guest and observer password via the web UI interface on the web browser by logging into the ipcam IP address followed by the port 8081. Then go to the settings, user settings and change the operator and observer access from there.

survey4cash

Reaction score
Actually, as a freelance installer myself. Here's my sharing to everyone who is keen to install CCTV or IP Cameras. PS. I do not sell any IP Cameras, I do installation only.

Industrial practice, we always make sure our clients change their camera's password and writes down somewhere so that they will not forget.

Even if we need to setup the camera using our phone, we will in the presence of the owner delete off the camera from the app before we leave.

Everyone should take note that manufacturer uses the same password by default for all their cameras. YOU SHOULD INSIST TO CHANGE THE PASSWORD.

Next, as consumers, be fair to us installers, your router if faulty is of no fault of ours. If you need us to come back and re-configure, we have the right to charge.

Also, some cameras have poor compatibility with routers cos of their wifi module. One example I came across is vstarcam, one of their camera series' wireless module does not work well with starhub's issued D-link router.

While wanscam's camera can work without an issue with these routers. There is a good set of cameras from ezviz but only available via amazon, it is the same as Netgear's ARLO series, but with better battery life of 10 hours as claimed on paper specs. I have only hands on 1 unit so far, by a family staying in landed property. Camera is only 720P but resolution is good and stable connectivity and streaming. Hope Amazon launch here soon.

PM me if you need help with mounting and installing for all brands of IP Cameras.

Hi, can PM me your contact? Looking for someone to help in the installation.

DarthGW

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
any wireless ip camera from sineoji?if need to connect power cord its also fine

didymus

Reaction score
I heard so many good reviews about Sineoji ipcam.. however after using the Sineoji PT716V.. i find there is one major letdown:

Not so good motion-activated recording:
a) unable to set higer fps/bitrate - it records using cam default firmware setting which i believe is 6fps.
b) too sensitive even at setting "1" - it records when nothing/nobody is moving at all.
c) not very well recorded - only able to capture when object is 80-90% move off..

good thing is picture is clear and turning the cam is fast and smooth... video recording is able to set at higher fps/bitrate (however its different from motion-activated recording not sure why so strange) - also settings will revert back to default settings once you click "view HD" on the Sineoji Plus phone apps.. its a bug...

i believe some users do want to have the feature of motion-activated recording instead of looking through the full recorded video which can take forever scanning through.

hope the new firmware is able to solve above such issue if not may switch back to vstarcam.. at least the motion-activated recording is damn solid and smooth.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.