[OFFICIAL] Taiwan Guide and Taiwan related matters - Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

calkel20

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
guys can recommend a few decent hotels at ximen ding area?...
used to stay at taipei main station area but want to stay at ximen ding area this time...
budget can be around 100sgd per nite...i looked at cityinn plus but already full booked :(

I stayed hotel puri ximending.
Good reviews too.
Westgate, richardson also can check out.

TLCTLC88

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
all these very personal preferences. but i feel tianjin road ones are of much better quality, i dun get such quality for that price even in sg (without haggling) and more korean style clothes design. I am very used to buying like that and dun need try able to tell whether i can wear mah. for pants is harder, need to bring ur own pants to compare hem to hem

i also managed to buy muji brand long tights there for 200NT per piece (i bought 1/2 dozen and i haggled) and it cost 750NT in MUJI shop.

in taiwan, more clothes choice for ladies than men. Wufenpu, cheap ones wun sell u cos they are looking at bulk sale. Tianjin road will entertain u. more young children clothes in tianjin road. this time of the year its all thick clothes....no summer

ADDITIONal INFO:
the best takoyaki i had was at WUFENPU. Thats if that ah hia is till there selling

Since selling all winter clothes, then maybe can skip tianjin street. Was thinking of buying some office and causal smart wear.

I didn't eat anything at Wufenpu before, save all my stomach space for food at Raohe 😁

Best takoyaki for me was at Danshui.

kazuki666

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
guys can recommend a few decent hotels at ximen ding area?...
used to stay at taipei main station area but want to stay at ximen ding area this time...
budget can be around 100sgd per nite...i looked at cityinn plus but already full booked :(
I stayed hotel puri ximending.
Good reviews too.
Westgate, richardson also can check out.
I think Puri should give me discount always promote them haha.
I stayed there once when I was in Taipei last year this period for a week. Location is no brainer win. But room space not big big to put much things though. Going Taipei this dec, booked ximen Puri again. :p
I heard via, cityinn, orange not bad too.

Sent from Xiaomi REDMI NOTE 4 using GAGT

kazuki666

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Btw recently any new spots in Taipei can spend half a day to a day? Already been to XMD,忠孝東路,101,TMS. Didn't go 士林夜市before, but heard too commercial so may want to skip again.

huan007

Reaction score
eh guys, stay in zhongshan or xmd better ah? almost everyone i asked stayed in xmd during their stay in taiwan. can anyone enlighten me why alot of sinkie like to stay in xmd ah

merrr111

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
thanks guys for the recommendation... just booked hotel puri @ ximen ding... reviews n location indeed very good...
one question for the guys who have stayed there before...is laundry service provided at the hotel?

calkel20

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I think Puri should give me discount always promote them haha.
I stayed there once when I was in Taipei last year this period for a week. Location is no brainer win. But room space not big big to put much things though. Going Taipei this dec, booked ximen Puri again. :p
I heard via, cityinn, orange not bad too.

I stayed in 2013.
Booked like at least 4 rooms.
Best combo is 3 to a room.

calkel20

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
thanks guys for the recommendation... just booked hotel puri @ ximen ding... reviews n location indeed very good...
one question for the guys who have stayed there before...is laundry service provided at the hotel?

I do not recall.
I usually self do and hang in shower area.
Can always email them and ask.

calkel20

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
eh guys, stay in zhongshan or xmd better ah? almost everyone i asked stayed in xmd during their stay in taiwan. can anyone enlighten me why alot of sinkie like to stay in xmd ah

At night easy to grab food at xmd.

calkel20

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Btw recently any new spots in Taipei can spend half a day to a day? Already been to XMD,忠孝東路,101,TMS. Didn't go 士林夜市before, but heard too commercial so may want to skip again.

1/2 a day not hard leh.
Go queue up for food can take up 1hr or so.
Have u tried Aquatics Addiction?

kazuki666

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

hmm... now that you ask, I really didnt notice too. Because usually I will just handwash with abit soap then hang dry inside toilet. :p
Oh oh btw, in case you encounter this like I did, don't be scare (which i was :p ). Last year when I stayed at xmd Puri, the first night when I finally returned back to the hotel after a tiring day. I realise right diagonally opposite my room is another room with door half ajar and locked by a padlock and hanging a talisman looking object. WTH?! The room's light was not on, I tried to peep in but cant see anything. That night I was quite sleepless thinking what is that room with a padlock and talisman. Next morning on my way out, I took a look at that room again. kns, its a storeroom for blanket and bedsheet... :s22::s13:

A little offtopic sharing. I went Taipei in June this year, this time thought wanted to be near TMS so i picked an airbnb next to Cityinn Taipei Station. I stayed for 2 nights, and I COMPLETELY REGRET. That stretch are mostly shophouses like our Chinatown, which will close by around 9pm. Comparing to xmd area which you may still have food and crowd at midnight. If ask me pick again now, I will say XMD ftw.

1/2 a day not hard leh.
Go queue up for food can take up 1hr or so.
Have u tried Aquatics Addiction?

Pardon my suaku, I really didnt know about Aquatics Addiction until you mention it. I just google, its something like a fish market like Tsukiji? Besides eating fresh seafood, any activity or things to see there? Else I may just pick another night market which I never went before in Taipei.

calkel20

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hmm... now that you ask, I really didnt notice too. Because usually I will just handwash with abit soap then hang dry inside toilet. :p
Oh oh btw, in case you encounter this like I did, don't be scare (which i was :p ). Last year when I stayed at xmd Puri, the first night when I finally returned back to the hotel after a tiring day. I realise right diagonally opposite my room is another room with door half ajar and locked by a padlock and hanging a talisman looking object. WTH?! The room's light was not on, I tried to peep in but cant see anything. That night I was quite sleepless thinking what is that room with a padlock and talisman. Next morning on my way out, I took a look at that room again. kns, its a storeroom for blanket and bedsheet... :s22::s13:

A little offtopic sharing. I went Taipei in June this year, this time thought wanted to be near TMS so i picked an airbnb next to Cityinn Taipei Station. I stayed for 2 nights, and I COMPLETELY REGRET. That stretch are mostly shophouses like our Chinatown, which will close by around 9pm. Comparing to xmd area which you may still have food and crowd at midnight. If ask me pick again now, I will say XMD ftw.

Pardon my suaku, I really didnt know about Aquatics Addiction until you mention it. I just google, its something like a fish market like Tsukiji? Besides eating fresh seafood, any activity or things to see there? Else I may just pick another night market which I never went before in Taipei.
Night time, they have outdoor dining.
Unless you have budget to blow, a dinner on in Yangmingshan can ge good.
If not, finding a nice cafe to hang out or a 居酒屋 like 乾杯,can consider these.

twosix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

danshui lor.

whywhy80

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Day 1, you do not have enough time for 薰衣草森林>勝興車站>龍勝斷橋>中社花市>高美濕地>. 薰衣草森林 march is not the season for lavender, I went there in march 90% dead.
Day 3 also not enough time.

I think you can look at the map, from point A to B need how much time, how much time to spend before moving to C.
Thanks for the advice...
In that case, i may just skip lavendar farm
This itinerary is given by the driver de lor..
will go day by day and check on google traveling time and so...
Dun wanna be too rush oso as i have 2 aunties with me...

Driver also never state the number of hours leh, only the price for the day
Do i need to check with him? :o

calkel20

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice...
In that case, i may just skip lavendar farm
This itinerary is given by the driver de lor..
will go day by day and check on google traveling time and so...
Dun wanna be too rush oso as i have 2 aunties with me...

Driver also never state the number of hours leh, only the price for the day
Do i need to check with him? :o

Better ask ans clarify.
Where u find the driver?

whywhy80

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Better ask ans clarify.
Where u find the driver?
His name was mentioned on some blogs
Also got people asked about him in the taiwan cab driver thread but nobody replied though...
so i just whatsapp him and try asking lor :o

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.