Any good doctors to recommend for piles?

shahrul3

Reaction score
Hi, may i know how's your treatment with Dr Tay at Redhill? What method he uses and is it painful? How long you can get back to work after the treatment?
Total how many treatment needed?

Strongly recommend to go and seek treatment with Dr Koh at Tonyo Medical Hall.
Call at 6747-7643.

1314travel

Reaction score
Tonyo Medical Hall

Hi all,

I just like to share my experience and also as gratitude to the doc that have treated me and also help people who are suffering from piles that there is truly a rather painless treatment out there!

I had friends who went under piles treatment - the western ways, surgery or ligation (banding) and they all had told me recovery was a living hell.

I have piles since secondary school, it doesn't really bother me, no pain, infrequent blood and i can always "push" it back. However, over the years, it seems to have grown and it was harder to push them back even though i still don't feel pain or blood. But i am very conscious about having a "flower" lumps growing outside my rear though only my partner get to see them, i am still super conscious and i was concern that it will just keep growing and if i get older, it would be harder to go under knife or endure the living hell recovery stage for 2-3 weeks.

I googled extensively for local and overseas treatment that i can "avoid" sufferings and i came across tonyo medical hall from various forums, fb and decided to go for a consultation. Dr. Kong is old, but still very alert and very details during the initial consultation and examination. He told me that i have about 8 internal and external piles altogether but it is not the worst he has seen or treated and assured me that during the whole procedure i would only feel "ant bite" pain that last less than few seconds. I was skeptical of coz and the price he quoted is not cheap so i told him to let me consider.

I talked to friends that had their piles fixed and they told me they would pay that sum Dr kong quoted anytime over the living hell during their recovery via western medical ways. My gf who is a mum of 2 told me it was worse than her c-sec recovery and another guy friend (ex-commando) told me he literally wish he can turn back the clock and not do the surgery if he knew the recovery is gonna be so intense.

So in less than a week after the 1st consultation with Dr. Koh, i decided to go along with the procedure, which was yesterday (yay, i am now sitting upright and typing this experience while it is fresh on my mind). Yesterday afternoon he managed to treat 6 out of my 8 piles and this morning i went back to do another 2 big ones. Reason why he can't do all in one is because of the position of the 2 huge piles are behind the 6 piles so he needs to get to the front piles first, shrink them in order to proceed to the 2 huge ones.

Now for the procedure, it was like what he said.. "ant bite" for few seconds on each pile coz he has to apply the med to "control and stable" them before the proceed to tackle the "root" of the piles. Yup it sounded easy but the whole procedure for my 6 piles took over an hour yesterday, and the 2 huge piles took 30mins today.

I came home with no pain, just abit of "discomfort" as the piles have started shrinking in my ass... i checked my underwear, no blood or whatever so, coz nothing was being cut at all like what he said. He advise me to work from home next few days, don't be too active with my walking so to not irritate the piles as it continue shrinking and will eventually fall off.

He gave me some cream to apply and also told me to do sitz bath with salt (you can google that). Glad i bough the sitz bath from Qoo10 prior to the procedure, it will speed up the recovery so even though it is painless i wanna get the "discomfort" feeling out of the way so i can start running.

I will share more the next few days on the recovery. I truly hope Dr koh can impart his skills to another good doctor before he retired.

Last edited:

1314travel

Reaction score
Day 3, went for follow up today, some piles have dropped off and Dr koh even showed them to me. Seriously, this treatment is amazing and I am truly grateful to have found him.

Hi all,

I just like to share my experience and also as gratitude to the doc that have treated me and also help people who are suffering from piles that there is truly a rather painless treatment out there!

I had friends who went under piles treatment - the western ways, surgery or ligation (banding) and they all had told me recovery was a living hell.

I have piles since secondary school, it doesn't really bother me, no pain, infrequent blood and i can always "push" it back. However, over the years, it seems to have grown and it was harder to push them back even though i still don't feel pain or blood. But i am very conscious about having a "flower" lumps growing outside my rear though only my partner get to see them, i am still super conscious and i was concern that it will just keep growing and if i get older, it would be harder to go under knife or endure the living hell recovery stage for 2-3 weeks.

I googled extensively for local and overseas treatment that i can "avoid" sufferings and i came across tonyo medical hall from various forums, fb and decided to go for a consultation. Dr. Kong is old, but still very alert and very details during the initial consultation and examination. He told me that i have about 8 internal and external piles altogether but it is not the worst he has seen or treated and assured me that during the whole procedure i would only feel "ant bite" pain that last less than few seconds. I was skeptical of coz and the price he quoted is not cheap so i told him to let me consider.

I talked to friends that had their piles fixed and they told me they would pay that sum Dr kong quoted anytime over the living hell during their recovery via western medical ways. My gf who is a mum of 2 told me it was worse than her c-sec recovery and another guy friend (ex-commando) told me he literally wish he can turn back the clock and not do the surgery if he knew the recovery is gonna be so intense.

So in less than a week after the 1st consultation with Dr. Koh, i decided to go along with the procedure, which was yesterday (yay, i am now sitting upright and typing this experience while it is fresh on my mind). Yesterday afternoon he managed to treat 6 out of my 8 piles and this morning i went back to do another 2 big ones. Reason why he can't do all in one is because of the position of the 2 huge piles are behind the 6 piles so he needs to get to the front piles first, shrink them in order to proceed to the 2 huge ones.

Now for the procedure, it was like what he said.. "ant bite" for few seconds on each pile coz he has to apply the med to "control and stable" them before the proceed to tackle the "root" of the piles. Yup it sounded easy but the whole procedure for my 6 piles took over an hour yesterday, and the 2 huge piles took 30mins today.

I came home with no pain, just abit of "discomfort" as the piles have started shrinking in my ass... i checked my underwear, no blood or whatever so, coz nothing was being cut at all like what he said. He advise me to work from home next few days, don't be too active with my walking so to not irritate the piles as it continue shrinking and will eventually fall off.

He gave me some cream to apply and also told me to do sitz bath with salt (you can google that). Glad i bough the sitz bath from Qoo10 prior to the procedure, it will speed up the recovery so even though it is painless i wanna get the "discomfort" feeling out of the way so i can start running.

I will share more the next few days on the recovery. I truly hope Dr koh can impart his skills to another good doctor before he retired.

athieee

Reaction score
Tonyo Medical Hall is a scam

Dr Koh from Tonyo Medical Hall is not good, scammy even.

Strongly recommend to NOT seek treatment there.

He only keep speaking about testimonials that other people give him, but he fails at keeping his word and at doing the job.

He will promise that he will treat your piles fully and with no additional extra charge for follow up treatment, and charges you a large sum. But when the piles don't get any better, he will start charging more (completely breaking the verbal contract and promise he made while taking the money in the first place), all the while saying how great he is.

Buyers Beware!

1314travel

Reaction score
Sorry if you had bad experience with him. I can personally vouched that he fixed my issue With pics of my actual hemorrhoids dropped off.

Like I said I was skeptical too but today while waiting for my turn, I met another lady who did hers a week before me. We both agreed that we are lucky to have found him.

He only keep speaking about testimonials that other people give him, but he fails at keeping his word and at doing the job.

He will promise that he will treat your piles fully and with no additional extra charge for follow up treatment, and charges you a large sum. But when the piles don't get any better, he will start charging more (completely breaking the verbal contract and promise he made while taking the money in the first place), all the while saying how great he is.

Buyers Beware!

eyz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
how large is that sum?

you guys can try kegel exercise.

it does help my piles.

Buyers Beware!

athieee

Reaction score
how large is that sum?

you guys can try kegel exercise.

it does help my piles.

It was ~ 1000 per pile, and the worst thing is, he promised no follow up cost if the treatment not effective, and when it is not effective, he asked for more money to treat it. Talk about a breach of trust.

athieee

Reaction score
Sorry if you had bad experience with him. I can personally vouched that he fixed my issue With pics of my actual hemorrhoids dropped off.

Like I said I was skeptical too but today while waiting for my turn, I met another lady who did hers a week before me. We both agreed that we are lucky to have found him.

Right... How are you related to Dr Koh? You been around the different forums creating new account and posting the same stuff 2 days back. And you specifically created an account just to praise him in Mycarforum and HWZ as well.

You sound just like him too, constantly praising himself and saying how many patients say they are lucky to have met him. No competent medical practitioner just focuses the consultation time just telling the patient how many people say he is good and benefited from the treatment.

1314travel

Reaction score
I am not related, just a genuine patient that been trying to find a way to fix my issue like many and finally found one.

If he is a scammer like u said, MOH has strict regulation against tcm, how can he be operating for more than 40 years with a shop?

I am never active in forum, I read but have nothing to contribute, so for once I have something and like to share.

Also just because you had a bad experience, doesn't warrant you to call people a scam. I spent alot of money with western doc and couldn't cure my other health issue, should I be calling them scammer too?

You simply like to jump to your own conclusion without evidence, just like how you call me related to him? Happy to discuss in person.

Right... How are you related to Dr Koh? You been around the different forums creating new account and posting the same stuff 2 days back. And you specifically created an account just to praise him in Mycarforum and HWZ as well.

You sound just like him too, constantly praising himself and saying how many patients say they are lucky to have met him. No competent medical practitioner just focuses the consultation time just telling the patient how many people say he is good and benefited from the treatment.

1314travel

Reaction score
The consultation is $20.. So feel free to go check & ask. It is not $1k per pile in my case..

It was ~ 1000 per pile, and the worst thing is, he promised no follow up cost if the treatment not effective, and when it is not effective, he asked for more money to treat it. Talk about a breach of trust.

1314travel

Reaction score
Day 4, went back for brief examination to check on recovery progress. All looking well and good, next visit is in 10 days time.

Day 3, went for follow up today, some piles have dropped off and Dr koh even showed them to me. Seriously, this treatment is amazing and I am truly grateful to have found him.

1314travel

Reaction score
What is the treatment like?[/QUOTE

He has his own medicine & procedure to treat the problem to the root and get rid of my 8 piles without any cut or ops. I am back to my usual routine after a week.

He is featured in Brunei newspapers on 29th oct 2018. If u visit him for consultation, I am sure he will share that with you as he worked in Brunei for many years in the 80s and was well known so they recently did an interview with him.

Last edited:

1314travel

Reaction score
Been busy since I got back to my usual routine. Actually a week after the first treatment, I am finally piles free after 20 years! I am thrilled that now I can be a “tight ass” and not having a pain in my butt.

I am sure some people have good experience with western methods of banding or ops as well, I am just chicken to try since I heard more bad than good from friends & family members, and afraid I might be the unlucky one.

What I shared is truly my own opinion and I am not saying everyone would be relatively pain free like my treatment with Dr Koh. Everyone has their own threshold of pain/discomfort and severity of their piles (mine were stage 3 piles with polyps as well)

Good luck!

zzt231

Banned
Reaction score
1314 can u take a pic of your a$$. Before n after ?
Else no 1 believe uuuuuuu

Sent from 风雨中抱紧自由 using GAGT

meowmeow2709

Reaction score
Hi athiee, may I understand more on your experience? Did you go ahead for his treatment? I had just visited and feeling skeptical about it. He charged me a huge amount of 5k :eek: , and yes, promised to treat it fully from the root. When I asked about the procedure, it basically sounds similar to ligation, and all the while boasting on his past treatments.

Buyers Beware!

Iblue13a

Reaction score
Hi hi,

I was there visiting dr Koh from tonyo medical hall on too. Quoted 5k. He is money minded and keep saying how good he is. Then I tested something on him, he then mention I need to understand if my case cannot recover, it’s my own business

Anything talk about money first.

Sorry just personal, to me I hv doubts on him. Maybe to others he is good but not me.

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.