Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it

• Need someone to talk to?
    Feeling down, anxious and need help? Mindline.sg has helpful resources for you. More info
Status
Not open for further replies.

EmmaNeedsHelp

Reaction score
Hi, I wanted to report back and tell you guys. I stopped paying the guy, and he keeps calling. I told my friends and family that I got ,”scammed” (I told them some guy transferred money to my account and demanded more back, so I already made the police report, block whatever unknown people called, and what not.) I told my editor... lied to him that I got scammed and told him to block every thing. He’s quite happy to do so. I don’t know if I should tell my old work place, they’re moving soon.

I was weak, admittedly. I paid them twice more after me first reporting cause I was intimidated. I decided to stop today because I am done and I revisited this page that reminded me why I was done.

Thank you guys. We’ll see what happens next.

He’s sending me messages from another number. At least now I know his name. I’ll send that to the IO I suppose.

Bingaman

Reaction score
Not against any religion or particular church, but if really want to help, then help. Not forcing or cut someone out just Becos never attend their service or convert to Christian.

Good intentions comes from the hearts without any ulterior motives.

To be fair, i think Ray is right. I m victim n seek help from another social group. The counsellor help me to nego with lml n give me mthly installment plan. But i hv to attend their sessions. If i fail to attend few times, installment plan will be revoked. Why? Because the counsellor has the responsibility to make sure i stop my borrowing habits and ensure i honour the mthly repayment. Imagine if everyone go to social group and ask the nego with lml, afterthat disappear and subsequently default payment plan, no lml will trust or give face to the social group in future. The lml is bound by ipto to respect the sicial group. But if debtors just make use of the counsellors to temporary fan off debt collector, the lml will have excuse not to accept nego from that social group.

JamieJimmyNg

Master Member
Reaction score
Well, to each of its own opinion, really. It’s not about being unappreciative. But the part about pestering people to convert, it is just a bit too sensitive on that. My friend said he is born Buddhist and he cannot convert, they shut him out. So I think if really want to help, then no obligations on choosing the religion. Help with a genuine heart and intentions.

To be fair, i think Ray is right. I m victim n seek help from another social group. The counsellor help me to nego with lml n give me mthly installment plan. But i hv to attend their sessions. If i fail to attend few times, installment plan will be revoked. Why? Because the counsellor has the responsibility to make sure i stop my borrowing habits and ensure i honour the mthly repayment. Imagine if everyone go to social group and ask the nego with lml, afterthat disappear and subsequently default payment plan, no lml will trust or give face to the social group in future. The lml is bound by ipto to respect the sicial group. But if debtors just make use of the counsellors to temporary fan off debt collector, the lml will have excuse not to accept nego from that social group.

Tegibhai

Reaction score
Hi.... where can i get cheap cctv cam where i can fix myself.... just did a police report against 5 ALs who claimed to be from some credit company total paid to them more than wat i took......i was told to brace for harassments...im not worried about myself ... worried for my family...

Last edited:

JamieJimmyNg

Master Member
Reaction score
Go to Qoo10 and order online cheaper. You can self collect it at Sim Lim. Just type cctv and within your budget.

Hi.... where can i get cheap cctv cam where i can fix myself.... just did a police report against 5 ALs who claimed to be from some credit company total paid to them more than wat i took......i was told to brace for harassments...im not worried about myself ... worried for my family...

BaconHam

Reaction score
Hmm. Lets keep an open mind.
We are all out to seek help.

Personal opinions should all be read with open mind

BaconHam

Reaction score
I hope my experience allows u to make a better decision.

Without social welfare help, i wouldnt have learnt that im actually able to sought for help. Actually theres a way out..

So for those seeking advise, tnk realistically.

Life's not easy for me now. Im still being chased by uml but for sure i know, having a clean bureau in sg is impt.

I was a gd leg, not because i paid n ckear almost all accts.

Its because they know i can afford to give more.

I paid 5 digits more than than what i loaned. High price for a lesson but at least, im awake.

Nik1987

Reaction score
Sorry don’t mind me asking, how much do you owe them?

Technically I don’t owe them anything. Total 3 AL, commulative forced loan of 1600, paid in total 2350. So yah. I did not clear one AL bcos I was tired of his BS defers so I just ignored and block before **** gets worse.

Nik1987

Reaction score
Hopefully I can make it thru.i do know it's actually our own fear stopping us from moving on but just can't help it. Anyway will they actually show up at my workplace which is retail?

Have u made a police report? I was like u, scared for my family, my parents safety due to my curiosity and itchy fingers. But somehow, reading the posts in this forum and after talking to my IO, it gave me confidence to do what I did. The first night I left my door opened, sat at the staircase from 11pm till 5am and snacking on biscuits while waiting to pounce on suspicious ppl. The night got brighter and i went back in to sleep. The next morning AL msged asked how I liked my new door decor(he threatened to burn them). Then I’m like heehhh?? And blocked him. Explained to boss and NOK told them I got scammed aka made a loan enquiry but they transferred money without my consent but I still paid them the interest bcos they have my details and I was afraid of wat they would do if I don’t pay. Thus in my mind...it’s a scam and extortion. After that I blocked and ignored and just told myself what will happen next just let it happen. No point worrying unnecessarily.

For my case they never called nor came. Police told me they won’t becos they only can use wifi/3G to contact hence cannot call land lines. And obviously won’t go to our workplace(unless LML that’s a different thing) bcos they will def get caught and get heavy sentenced.

Last edited:

Nik1987

Reaction score
Hi, I wanted to report back and tell you guys. I stopped paying the guy, and he keeps calling. I told my friends and family that I got ,”scammed” (I told them some guy transferred money to my account and demanded more back, so I already made the police report, block whatever unknown people called, and what not.) I told my editor... lied to him that I got scammed and told him to block every thing. He’s quite happy to do so. I don’t know if I should tell my old work place, they’re moving soon.

I was weak, admittedly. I paid them twice more after me first reporting cause I was intimidated. I decided to stop today because I am done and I revisited this page that reminded me why I was done.

Thank you guys. We’ll see what happens next.

GOOD JOB. you’ve overcome the first hurdle of ignoring the AL and informing the ppl around you. Now it’s just to be prepared for anything that might happen next. I totally understand how u are feeling now as I’m going thru my first week of ignoring them.

mahjong saint

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The IO who are assigned with AL cases also damn cham... every week need to deal with these sh1t

Do long also sian

Miracledoesnothappen

Reaction score
Have u made a police report? I was like u, scared for my family, my parents safety due to my curiosity and itchy fingers. But somehow, reading the posts in this forum and after talking to my IO, it gave me confidence to do what I did. The first night I left my door opened, sat at the staircase from 11pm till 5am and snacking on biscuits while waiting to pounce on suspicious ppl. The night got brighter and i went back in to sleep. The next morning AL msged asked how I liked my new door decor(he threatened to burn them). Then I’m like heehhh?? And blocked him. Explained to boss and NOK told them I got scammed aka made a loan enquiry but they transferred money without my consent but I still paid them the interest bcos they have my details and I was afraid of wat they would do if I don’t pay. Thus in my mind...it’s a scam and extortion. After that I blocked and ignored and just told myself what will happen next just let it happen. No point worrying unnecessarily.

For my case they never called nor came. Police told me they won’t becos they only can use wifi/3G to contact hence cannot call land lines. And obviously won’t go to our workplace(unless LML that’s a different thing) bcos they will def get caught and get heavy sentenced.

I actually have to keep borrowing from other UML and pay the defer fees. They did allow me to clear but end up I've to re loan again to pay interest for others. In total I owed 6 UML. Got 3 is I re loan again and haven even start paying at all. I'm afraid if I go Mia they surely will come up as they haven got any payments back. This is why it's affecting me so much. I saw some bros here only owed 1000+ but already kanna splash and lock. Imagine mine total adds up to 10k plus. Cannot imagine at all what will happen. Today I've to pay one of them too but I've no ways to do it at all unless I loan again from the others. But then,it will be a borrow and defer and owe cycle again.

And no,I've not made any reports yet. Still contemplating should I just turn into airplane mode or just leave it there for them to call and text. But then I'm also afraid it might trigger them even more cos they would know I received their msgs and calls yet purposely ignoring them.

Last edited:

Antisharks

Reaction score
Hello guys, was wondering if anyone can help with my qns. Being sued by a creditor for bankruptcy now and attending the first hearing this month. Basically just some money owed to a friend about 60+k.

Im definitely eligible for DRS but wondering how much is the minimum income should I be earning? And im doing freelance job so not much of paper work to proof. Any advice?

JamieJimmyNg

Master Member
Reaction score
Even if you pay them today, how are you going to find money to pay for next week? Save yourself first. Splash and lock. Or starve and stress even more?

Use the money and buy cctv. Prepare NOK and workplace. Deactivate social media account. And brace yourself. You pay them today and it’s only a temporary way to solve it for this week. Don’t give in to their threats. And also, we have someone here who owe more than 20k and he is living a carefree and better life now.

Just stay calm and fight your inner fears.

I actually have to keep borrowing from other UML and pay the defer fees. They did allow me to clear but end up I've to re loan again to pay interest for others. In total I owed 6 UML. Got 3 is I re loan again and haven even start paying at all. I'm afraid if I go Mia they surely will come up as they haven got any payments back. This is why it's affecting me so much. I saw some bros here only owed 1000+ but already kanna splash and lock. Imagine mine total adds up to 10k plus. Cannot imagine at all what will happen. Today I've to pay one of them too but I've no ways to do it at all unless I loan again from the others. But then,it will be a borrow and defer and owe cycle again.

And no,I've not made any reports yet. Still contemplating should I just turn into airplane mode or just leave it there for them to call and text. But then I'm also afraid it might trigger them even more cos they would know I received their msgs and calls yet purposely ignoring them.

Reaction score
my situation is similar to yours... clear and reloan...it only gets u deeper into debt.....mine ive stop payment..... am going tru first wave of harrassments..... just dont pay. u will only sink deeper if u do.

Miracledoesnothappen

Reaction score
my situation is similar to yours... clear and reloan...it only gets u deeper into debt.....mine ive stop payment..... am going tru first wave of harrassments..... just dont pay. u will only sink deeper if u do.

Can I ask what have they done till now? Except for endless calls and texts. Thanks.

eric3743

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hello guys, was wondering if anyone can help with my qns. Being sued by a creditor for bankruptcy now and attending the first hearing this month. Basically just some money owed to a friend about 60+k.

Im definitely eligible for DRS but wondering how much is the minimum income should I be earning? And im doing freelance job so not much of paper work to proof. Any advice?

This is not the correct thread in your case.

Refer to this main section > Money Mind

These are the threads you can refer to and please read as some info are already available & stated.

Huge Debts No Job - Cheap <2k Solution - DIY Self-filing Debtor's Bankruptcy - No need to jump etc

Debt consolidation Plan

Debt Management Programme (DMP) by Credit Counselling Singapore (CCS)

Note: Read and post in the relevant threads if you have any queries & questions need.
Else you can create a new thread for more suggestions & advice.

Zane601000

Reaction score

Yup open n close for debts it'll b a strain especially it starts to grow.. Sorry bro look at all the bros n sis in here no matter how small the debt is still get it. The only choice is to take preventive measure.. Police report,cctv,change hp number n your bank account last up to you change your job.. Whether u clear or not they'll still squeeze you..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.