NUS Graduate Diploma in Systems Analysis

Anon7108

Reaction score
I just received the interview notice today. It is scheduled in two weeks.
Do they shortlist you for interview and when?

Mine's next week.

I think mostly no offers will be made yet until the application exercise is fully closed, they extended it till 31st Oct. Thereafter, they still need to schedule more aptitude test plus interviews for next batches. Therefore the estimated confirmation in Nov or Dec seems to be just about right. There could be exceptions for the really good ones maybe.

cb9j9@K4

Reaction score
Mine's next week.

I think mostly no offers will be made yet until the application exercise is fully closed, they extended it till 31st Oct. Thereafter, they still need to schedule more aptitude test plus interviews for next batches. Therefore the estimated confirmation in Nov or Dec seems to be just about right. There could be exceptions for the really good ones maybe.

Sounds a good news cuz they might not have as many prospective students as expected. We may have a higher chance to get in.

Anon7108

Reaction score
Sounds a good news cuz they might not have as many prospective students as expected. We may have a higher chance to get in.

Hopefully so but I may not count on it.

I attended the last preview session which had approximately had 40-50 ppl. If you include interested parties from previous sessions, those that didn't attend and directly apply online, plus counting in the overseas recruitment drive for foreigners, we are looking at a sizeable potential pool of applicants. In fact, the representative told me it was over-subscribed several times for a cohort size of 100+.

The extension I think is to allow time for people to decide if they want to pursue the stackable option. It has difference in terms of flexibility of completion and also bigger funding support scheme.

We can only pray more people head for the stackable route to ease up the vacancies for full-timers because my speculation is foreigners are driving up the demand. The awareness of this course has become more high profile in recent years given the growing trend towards IT and the fact NUS keeps wooing overseas students.

cb9j9@K4

Reaction score
Mine's next week.

How was your interview? Hope it was good.

rollertycoon

Reaction score
Went for the interview today, seemed like just a chit-chat session.

Asked for basic background information, gave more information about the course and to help prospective applicants understand what we are really applying for (like level of commitment, that it won't be an easy 6/7 months etc).

After that, they asked if I had any more questions regarding the course before ending the interview. Nothing much you can do to prepare. All the best!

cb9j9@K4

Reaction score
Went for the interview today, seemed like just a chit-chat session.

Asked for basic background information, gave more information about the course and to help prospective applicants understand what we are really applying for (like level of commitment, that it won't be an easy 6/7 months etc).

After that, they asked if I had any more questions regarding the course before ending the interview. Nothing much you can do to prepare. All the best!

Sound good. Hope all those attended interviews will eventually get the offer. BTW the application result will be released very soon.

iridiot

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Heard from friends who attended interview recently and they said offer would be released in about two or three weeks

Aiya , late November - Early December was what the interviewer said what :s13:

world-class

Reaction score
I saw that the application deadline was extended to end-Oct for local applications. Does this mean that they don't have enough SG students to meet quota for intake?

cb9j9@K4

Reaction score
I saw that the application deadline was extended to end-Oct for local applications. Does this mean that they don't have enough SG students to meet quota for intake?

Is there a quota, or a certain percentage of local students that has to be fulfilled?

Iris@sg

Reaction score
Is there a quota, or a certain percentage of local students that has to be fulfilled?

Hi, I don’t think there will be a quota. My friend told me that the interviewer said most people will receive interview, and interview is just a chit chat to make sure you want to join this program. Then they will do the selection according to our test result.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.