Manchester United - Theatre of Dreams - Part 33

Status
Not open for further replies.

Asakura

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
cant find a clip for that Shaw's attempt but the movement for that between Shaw Pogba Martial was pretty good. hope to see more

white_prince

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Look at the number of thru balls played past liverpool midfield and defense by arsenal players beating their offsite traps as many times as they like.
Arsenal has shown everyone how weak liverpool is tonight on the defense area

Last edited:

AristDing

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
2nd half was better when Pogba put in another gear. Herrera was a good sub decision. time to play him more.

as for Matic, very mixed feeling about his play.

Sanchez from day 1 is very hardworking. but very wasteful of possession.

Matic is the kind of player who guarantees a decent minimal performance every game. He will make crucial interceptions and win the ball for you every game he plays. Not spectacular, but he gets the basic work done.

Unlike Pogba, who only plays half the game. True Pogba can be very dangerous and make match winning plays, but he only does it half the game. It’s almost like he spends the first half thinking about his haircut 🙄

AristDing

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Look at the number of thru balls played past liverpool midfield and defense by arsenal players beating their offsite traps as many times as they like.

Utd can’t play through balls because Martial doesnt run behind defenders. The only player I really see making runs is Sanchez.

True story.

huhster

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
mina only come on for a few minutes for everton lol

Sent from Somewhere Out There using GAGT

YorYor

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Truly a game of 2 halves. Quite a pain to watch in the 1st, especially both NemanjaM and PaulP dilly dallying on the ball whenever they receive it to feet. How many times did they get robbed? It's so obvious that I'm certain managers would tell the midfielders to just double-team on them whenever they are going to get the ball. JuanM on the other hand passes more like PaulScholes - he knows what he is going to do and where he is going to pass to whenever he's going to receive a pass.

Like PhilNeville suggested, MarcusR will get even better when he gets more experience and gains more composure. That chance that he wildly blasted and got blocked - a seasoned striker like EricC or RvN would just pass it into the right corner where there's no defenders.

I don't think ChrisS was solely at fault for Bournemouth's goal. It's a really good reverse ball, and my first question was, where the hell was LukeS? He had quite a few "missing" moments I recall, wasn't at the top of his game. As was evident by that "miscommunication" where he thought AnthonyM was going to receive a pass that he didn't try to go for.

As for the defence, it does seem like ChrisS and VictorL will be the mainstay pairing. Really wondering what happened to EricB - has he refused to tone down his rashness or something?

Pretty obvious who will be our player of the month for October!

Asakura

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
was a corner so Shaw was inside the box defending. he is the one that headed the ball out

Mata, Pogba failed to pick out the wide player that crossed in, Smalling was no where near Wilson. so its poor defending as a team, especially from corners/setpieces, again.

Smalling committed too easily for Bournemouth's first attempt. thankfully Lindelof was able to force Fraser to go wide and his shot was saved. other than that, nothing much to complain in 2nd half.
I don't think ChrisS was solely at fault for Bournemouth's goal. It's a really good reverse ball, and my first question was, where the hell was LukeS? He had quite a few "missing" moments I recall, wasn't at the top of his game. As was evident by that "miscommunication" where he thought AnthonyM was going to receive a pass that he didn't try to go for.
yup Shaw had a off game

cracker

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

It doesn't matter... we are no way better.

every team we faced had shown how vulnerable the team is... only poor finishing or desperate defending preventing the team from being few goals down in the first half.

question to Jose will be why the team has been giving 2 different performances in the first and second half in the last few games??

straweffigy

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It doesn't matter... we are no way better.

every team we faced had shown how vulnerable the team is... only poor finishing or desperate defending preventing the team from being few goals down in the first half.

question to Jose will be why the team has been giving 2 different performances in the first and second half in the last few games?
?

Likely too non-chalant, over confident because it's supposedly "lesser" opponents.. take them for granted.. then kena proven wrong, need to step up 2 or 3 gears in second half.

Next 2 games are gonna be tough.. if we play like we did in the recent few first halves, we're gonna be raped like ladies in india.

straweffigy

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Stick to martial and rashford
These kids will improve overtime

I hope Rashford keeps trying, without getting his head big because of his recent squad number change.. more composed and better decision making would be helpful too.

AristDing

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
@YorYor but Chris Smalling was responsible for other near goals....

That trip/early commit was so tragic to watch..

AristDing

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Maybe both LKK and Chris Smalling can both do better if they switch positions... lol

Asakura

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Scholes was having a go at that incident where he committed too early. previous games Neville was saying he should stay on his feet more.
@YorYor but Chris Smalling was responsible for other near goals....

That trip/early commit was so tragic to watch..

white_prince

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Utd can’t play through balls because Martial doesnt run behind defenders. The only player I really see making runs is Sanchez.

True story.

LOL martial is aka thierry henry
He runs at defenders make them pee in their shorts.
That Everton player really Gana

Asakura

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Bailly also has his short comings when played so unfortunately, Smalling is still the better bet.
just that the way he commit to challenges and wrap arms around players in the box, is strange for a player that already had 200 games under his belt.
Can put him On the bench and let Bailey play?

AristDing

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Yes but for that to work, Martial needs to be running at them while they are transiting from attack to defend. We will need to have midfield players who can find the forwards very quickly like the way Scholes/Carrick does.

Only Mata tries to look for that quick pass in the team. I don't need to comment about Pogba. By the time Martial gets the ball from our central midfielders, there are already 7 defenders in the box.

Lucky the last game is Alexis who got more game sense and pass to Martial who was coming in. LKK would probably have sent the ball to the parking lot.

TOKARA

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

u still buying what media said abt Martial? that all henry alike pumped his price to 50m haha

the closest to thierry mould is Mbappe imo

Asakura

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
tbh its a vicious cycle. by the time our central midfielders receive the ball from the indecisive defenders, our attackers are marked.
Only Mata tries to look for that quick pass in the team. I don't need to comment about Pogba. By the time Martial gets the ball from our central midfielders, there are already 7 defenders in the box.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.