Best ramen in Singapore

Rock-kun

Reaction score
In the past, Ramen Champion had Bario and Riki to serve jirou-style ramen with that super-thick noodles and extra-concentrated tonkotsu broth.

Now that they are both gone, is there any other place that serves the same style of ramen?

Excedar

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Glad you enjoyed it. Not had much ramen for quite some time so tonkotsu based, I do like the Keisuke Tonkotsu king if you're into the thick kind of broth. Other bros here may have a better idea which is best at the moment. :o

Sent from Pocoyo Land using GAGT

I've tried Keisuke Tonkotsu King, Keisuke Four Season (King version) and Tori King (Chicken) before. Wanted to see if there are any good tonkotsu based ramen besides the Tonkotsu King (Yeah I like thick/concentrated kind of broth!) :)

Sen

Honorary Member
Reaction score
Can try Nantsuttei @ Orchard Central.

Bari Uma is shoyu tonkotsu based, also high on my list.

I went to Miharu and tried the Miso Ramen and I really enjoyed it! Thanks for the recommendations!

Anyone can recommend tonkotsu base ramen this time round?

I've tried Keisuke Tonkotsu King, Keisuke Four Season (King version) and Tori King (Chicken) before. Wanted to see if there are any good tonkotsu based ramen besides the Tonkotsu King (Yeah I like thick/concentrated kind of broth!) :)

Sen

Honorary Member
Reaction score
Can try Ramen Gallery Takumen @ Boat Quay. Under Chibakara brand name.

Not sure Men Men Tei still have it in their menu.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BjHxg0QFrsi/

In the past, Ramen Champion had Bario and Riki to serve jirou-style ramen with that super-thick noodles and extra-concentrated tonkotsu broth.

Now that they are both gone, is there any other place that serves the same style of ramen?

Rock-kun

Reaction score
Can try Ramen Gallery Takumen @ Boat Quay. Under Chibakara brand name.

Not sure Men Men Tei still have it in their menu.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BjHxg0QFrsi/

Does Chibakara use the same type of super-thick and curly noodles as Bario and Riki? The picture on Ramen Gallery's website doesn't show.

Also, what's with that sunny side up? I can only accept ramen with hanjuku tamago, not sunny side ups. :(:(:(

Sen

Honorary Member
Reaction score
Thick & flat.
EONylTv.jpg

Does Chibakara use the same type of super-thick and curly noodles as Bario and Riki? The picture on Ramen Gallery's website doesn't show.

Also, what's with that sunny side up? I can only accept ramen with hanjuku tamago, not sunny side ups. :(:(:(

Ed.YEO

Banned
Reaction score
Donki 嘅無$3.80咁平。。。又唔係泰國造嘅。
Donki 嘅好似有兩三款。。。其中一款肯定係印尼日清公司出產嘅。。。無豬肉精。

Papermate

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Poor brat like me only eat hawker.. :(

Sent from Samsung SM-N950F using GAGT

Some people here gpgt about instant noodles. I am sure one packet of that is cheaper than a plate of wanton noodles at any hawkers centre. You are rich la.

Papermate

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My favorite is Butakin ramen at beauty world centre. Generally Ramen in SG is too expensive (compared to jpn) and it puts me off.
While high rental is admittedly a reason, there's also a huge element of profiteering.

In an uncontrolled market, sellers charge as high and as much as buyers are prepared to pay. Many people open Japanese eateries, some with dubious pedigree, because there is a huge market for it and a lot of money to be made.

It's seen cool to be eating a bowl of Japanese comfort food than a plate of char kway teow.

princessreiko

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I like http://www.keisuke.sg/kamo-soba-holland-village/

KAMO SOBA (HOLLAND VILLAGE)

The broth is delicious!

But need to tell them to cook the duck properly cos I couldn't chew it as it was too raw.
I told the chef and he said need to put the duck under the noodles and the soup to cook it further.
He said the duck is intentionally half cooked so that it would look pink and pretty in the pictures.

Duck+Ramen+%28Clear+Soup%29_1.JPG

I like the decor too!

IMG_5878.JPG

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.