Laptop Lids

Glariel

Banned
Reaction score
If you use your laptops Everyday, so you close and open the lid every time you use it?

Will it spoil the LCD screen in the long run?

narkizy

Reaction score
If you use your laptops Everyday, so you close and open the lid every time you use it?

No, it wont. You'll very slowly wear the hinge out though. How long the hinge can last depends on the brand and build quality.

eric3743

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

LCD screen would not be touched &or affected at all as there is buffer to protect it.

The hinge may wear out faster if not do close properly but may not be an issue as these things are tested.

LCD may wear out in long term usage as i had just replaced for 1 of my laptop on daily uses.

adamxc2000

Reaction score

I think the manufacturer has tested this for at least tens of thousands times. It should not be an issue for normal open and close of lid

Glariel

Banned
Reaction score
What is this hinge thing?
For now I leave it open at my desk as I use it daily

eric3743

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
What is this hinge thing?
For now I leave it open at my desk as I use it daily

There are 2 hinges connection to the LCD screen panel and the keyboard.

It is fine to leave it as it is for awhile but it is better to close the lid if not in use for some time of the day/night.

Just to watch out for any dust and the surrounding for to preserve & protect the LCD screen.

My LCD replacement cost $140 for Toshiba 13.3" screen.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.