Need recommendations for dual sd-card slot DAP

ferocity

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Currently using a no brand made in china player i bought about 1 year ago. More than happy with the sound quality of the player for the price i paid but the UI and controls are buggy and sluggish, which gets on my nerves during long listening sessions.

Am looking at getting a new DAP, preferably with dual card slots as its much cheaper to get 2x 128gb cards compared to a single 256gb card. I know there are not many dual card slots DAP out there, which is why i want to ask the experts here whether there are any recommended models for my budget of $200-300. Alternatively, i am looking at the AK Jr with single card slot but generous 64gb onboard storage.

Jason8811

Reaction score
Currently using a no brand made in china player i bought about 1 year ago. More than happy with the sound quality of the player for the price i paid but the UI and controls are buggy and sluggish, which gets on my nerves during long listening sessions.

Am looking at getting a new DAP, preferably with dual card slots as its much cheaper to get 2x 128gb cards compared to a single 256gb card. I know there are not many dual card slots DAP out there, which is why i want to ask the experts here whether there are any recommended models for my budget of $200-300. Alternatively, i am looking at the AK Jr with single card slot but generous 64gb onboard storage.

Onkyo DP-S1 https://www.stereo.com.sg/onkyo-dp-s1-digital-audio-player.html

But only built in 16GB.

ferocity

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
11-11 sales coming... buy a single 256gb la

400gb or even 512gb

Again, even with sales 128gb will always be that much cheaper. Can do your own math. Based on prices on qoo10, 128gb costs around $30, 256gb costs $80, 400gb costs almost $200. Maybe somehow you are able to justify paying more per gb for higher capacity when rightly so it should be the other way around, but no i cant.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.