Screen problems on iPad Pro 10.5 inch

Snoweagle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Last time I booked online, then on the day headed straight to apple orchard's 2nd floor "Genius Bar" and approached any of the staff. Since still got warranty they replaced mine immediately without any question. Can't change color/size/etc.

Of course cannot change colour, capacity or storage size. It’s a 1-1 replacement.

Snoweagle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The iOS will be updated to the latest right? Mine is iOS 11.4

Initially I thought is my screen protector so I don’t care.. now I know is not already.. I bought my iPad Pro 10.5 this month May so I have quite alot of time.

Screen protector also bye bye right?

Software version depends on when it’s manufactured but it might or might not be updated to latest 12.1. Else you can just update your own.

Last time I got the Zagg InvisibleShield Glass+ when I bought the 10.5”. 2 mths down the road this problem occurred, Apple did 1-1 exchange and yes, it’s gone. So after I got the new set, I immediately went to get another one at Nubox. Fortunately during that time Zagg got 10% off their products because of their 10th anniversary.

outrun100

Reaction score
If warranty over or don't have Apple Care +, don't waste your time going down to Apple store. Else you need to fork out 600plus to fulfill your wish

Yeah no luck, that  guy ask me to buy Apple care next time...

jardine3000

Reaction score
Yeah no luck, that  guy ask me to buy Apple care next time...

Did you go to Apple store Orchard? Mine also has the bright spot issue, exactly at the same spot, above the home button, ipad pro 10.5 64gb wifi.

Warranty just ended in July this year, I called Apple last Friday, the senior advisor, did not acknowledge this issue and didn't allow for repair/exchange arrangement.

It seems this issue is also just not in Singapore as reported below:

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/bright-spot-on-ipad-pro-10-5-screen.2115037/page-9

outrun100

Reaction score
Yes I went to Orchard Apple Store, that guy just blame that I didn't buy Apple Care so must pay to get new replacement. It is confirmed the design flaw ipp pro 10.5 because it is exact same spot can be seen. But they will blame you for usage or pressure on the screen that cause it.

Snoweagle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Did you go to Apple store Orchard? Mine also has the bright spot issue, exactly at the same spot, above the home button, ipad pro 10.5 64gb wifi.

Warranty just ended in July this year, I called Apple last Friday, the senior advisor, did not acknowledge this issue and didn't allow for repair/exchange arrangement.

It seems this issue is also just not in Singapore as reported below:

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/bright-spot-on-ipad-pro-10-5-screen.2115037/page-9

I found that forum discussion too after I found out this issue on mine as well. Don't call and talk to those advisors as some don't even do their homework. I just make a Genius Bar appt online and bring it down to Apple Store.

If you said even after warranty and even repair is denied, I guess it's not right for a senior advisor to say that. Repairs can still be made after warranty is over without AppleCare, but the customers choses to pay for the repair or get a replacement unit.

jardine3000

Reaction score
Yes I went to Orchard Apple Store, that guy just blame that I didn't buy Apple Care so must pay to get new replacement. It is confirmed the design flaw ipp pro 10.5 because it is exact same spot can be seen. But they will blame you for usage or pressure on the screen that cause it.

I agree it's design flaw, because only the Ipad Pro 10.5 model has this issue.
Either the Apple guys are being ignorant or they try to smoke us, hoping this will go quietly.

I've owned Ipad 3 (new ipad), Ipad Air 1, Ipad Mini 3, Ipad Pro 12.9 (1st Gen), but only the 10.5 have this issue.
All are/were treated the same way, never drop, protected with tempered glass and in the case.

I've actually seen this bright spot even before my warranty, but I thought it's due to the Halo effect from my tempered glass, until I started reading other people also have the same issue :(

I found that forum discussion too after I found out this issue on mine as well. Don't call and talk to those advisors as some don't even do their homework. I just make a Genius Bar appt online and bring it down to Apple Store.

If you said even after warranty and even repair is denied, I guess it's not right for a senior advisor to say that. Repairs can still be made after warranty is over without AppleCare, but the customers choses to pay for the repair or get a replacement unit.

Because my warranty is over, I don't want to waste my time to go the Apple strore, so I tried to chat online initially, to gauge their respond, but they couldn't help, then they said they've raised the issue with a senior advisor, and someone would call me, which they did, but it was dissapointing respond. The guy didn't mention about the option, he just said they couldn't help since the warranty is over, just saying sorry he wished he could help be further bla bla bla. Btw, I think the call was not local call as his accent was Australian accent.

Meanwhile, I've googled further and found people in Apple Communities also reported this issue, but I didn't see Apple's official reply there:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/8424181

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/8578197

maybe we can go together to protest and see their manager

That's a good idea, if someone can organize it, I'm in.

:s13: :s12:

gnixer

Master Member
Reaction score
I agree it's design flaw, because only the Ipad Pro 10.5 model has this issue.
Either the Apple guys are being ignorant or they try to smoke us, hoping this will go quietly.

I've owned Ipad 3 (new ipad), Ipad Air 1, Ipad Mini 3, Ipad Pro 12.9 (1st Gen), but only the 10.5 have this issue.
All are/were treated the same way, never drop, protected with tempered glass and in the case.

I've actually seen this bright spot even before my warranty, but I thought it's due to the Halo effect from my tempered glass, until I started reading other people also have the same issue :(

Because my warranty is over, I don't want to waste my time to go the Apple strore, so I tried to chat online initially, to gauge their respond, but they couldn't help, then they said they've raised the issue with a senior advisor, and someone would call me, which they did, but it was dissapointing respond. The guy didn't mention about the option, he just said they couldn't help since the warranty is over, just saying sorry he wished he could help be further bla bla bla. Btw, I think the call was not local call as his accent was Australian accent.

Meanwhile, I've googled further and found people in Apple Communities also reported this issue, but I didn't see Apple's official reply there:

That's a good idea, if someone can organize it, I'm in.

:s13: :s12:

how many cases do we have first?
i have 1 set which the replacement set they gave me during my wty period.

I spotted is really above the home button. maybe a thumb length away

Last edited:

jardine3000

Reaction score
how many cases do we have first?
i have 1 set which the replacement set they gave me during my wty period.

I spotted is really above the home button. maybe a thumb length away

So your replacement set also have the bright spot, and also your first unit last time?

Mine is original set, never been replaced as there's no issue, other than the bright spot. Purchased directly from Apple online in July last year, Ipad Pro 10.5 wifi only.

Same issue: Bright spot above the home button, around that distance you mentioned too.

toshm200

Reaction score
So your replacement set also have the bright spot, and also your first unit last time?

Mine is original set, never been replaced as there's no issue, other than the bright spot. Purchased directly from Apple online in July last year, Ipad Pro 10.5 wifi only.

Same issue: Bright spot above the home button, around that distance you mentioned too.

My unit also purchased the same time like you. The bright spot appeared just after the warranty over. At first I thought it is may due to my tempered glass dirty or some Halo effect.

Went to Apple store last month, the senior manager told me not entitled to any replacement as the warranty already over. He suggested me to offload at carousel my current unit and repurchase a new set with 12 months warranty, then added Apple Care + to have it covered for 24 months 😱. In my heart, no thank you.

outrun100

Reaction score
My unit also purchased the same time like you. The bright spot appeared just after the warranty over. At first I thought it is may due to my tempered glass dirty or some Halo effect.

Went to Apple store last month, the senior manager told me not entitled to any replacement as the warranty already over. He suggested me to offload at carousel my current unit and repurchase a new set with 12 months warranty, then added Apple Care + to have it covered for 24 months 😱. In my heart, no thank you.

Same here, I seldom use it and i thought its screen protector problem so dun even bother. Now thinking to change the new ipp so bring out to check the condition and found this white spot...

gnixer

Master Member
Reaction score

my first set also because of this but i'm not sure whether is the same spot.
i have raise the issue via the feedback channel to apple.
i hope you guys can raise the same and cut and paste the link to them for them to investigate.
confirm is not display issue as i have tried adjust the brightness and it is gone above 50%.

outrun100

Reaction score
my first set also because of this but i'm not sure whether is the same spot.
i have raise the issue via the feedback channel to apple.
i hope you guys can raise the same and cut and paste the link to them for them to investigate.
confirm is not display issue as i have tried adjust the brightness and it is gone above 50%.

I c, will try to adjust the brightness tonight

Snoweagle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Yes the call centre should be located in Australia as I’ve came across it a number of times too. Sometimes over the phone certain issues can’t be resolved and need to call a few times which is tiring and tedious. So I just make a Genius Bar appointment and go to Apple Store direct as I felt talking face-to-face is more effective.

Snoweagle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
didn't notice this problem until i see this thread zzz. was using a black wallpaper.

Better go check it. If still got warranty immediately make an appointment to get it replaced. Even if warranty is out, it’s still possible to get a replacement set but have to fork out money.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.