NIE admission anyone? - Part 2

b4zabeat

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm new to the forum and very appreciate the contribution from yall. I applied pgde during Aug/Sep window, went to interview on 12 Oct. I just checked the email n found an update from MOE:

This is an update on your application.

You may wish to note that we are still processing your teaching application, and would provide an update on your application status once it is available.

has anyone received similar Email also? is this the message that im not shortlisted for now, and should I still have hope?

Waiting is like killing :((( I'm planning to change job, really want to teach, but heard the processing time is sooo long...

I have received this email before back when I applied in Feb window this year. They rejected me 1-2 weeks after sending this email.

b4zabeat

Reaction score
are you fresh or mid career?

need to wait 6 months between applications or can just apply consecutive batch?

I am a fresh grad. Yes, the 6 months rule seems to be true. I am only shortlisted for interview on my first and third application.

dedfswu

Reaction score
Anyone went for interviews in Oct receives EPT email or rejections? I went on 22 Oct PGDE in PE subj. Still no news...

periwinklebreeze

Reaction score
Anyone went for interviews in Oct receives EPT email or rejections? I went on 22 Oct PGDE in PE subj. Still no news...

I went on 22 October too and I think we will only know the results 4-5 weeks after the interview as they have mentioned. It’s a waiting game and I guess we just have to be patient and have faith haha

dedfswu

Reaction score
I went on 22 October too and I think we will only know the results 4-5 weeks after the interview as they have mentioned. It’s a waiting game and I guess we just have to be patient and have faith haha

Hello periwinklebreeze. Thanks for replying. What subject did you applied? Mid career switch or fresh graduate?

poppyave

Reaction score

I attended interview on 22nd oct too for DipEd. received an email on 30th oct asking for my availability for a possible music EPT happening on 13 nov

poppyave

Reaction score
anyone attending a music EPT on 13 nov??? i received an email with an EPT guide but the only info i have is my EPT date. should i be expecting a call or another email containing details??

periwinklebreeze

Reaction score
Hi periwinklebreeze, i was selected for the same subj. When&how was your intv?

Hi Valvani! My interview was on the 22nd of Oct and I think it went pretty well (however the interviewers were really friendly so I think it’s hard to tell whether it’s good or not) 😅 What about you?

Cesium-137

Reaction score
Hey guys, i just completed my interview last week.
It was really good(compared to my first interview). the interviewers were so nice. During my 5 min presentation, they didn't even interrupt me at all.
The interview was rather short and sweet , they just asked 4 questions.
Why do you want to teach?
what struggles do think you will expect to face when you teach?
Why a career switch from Engineering to teaching?
question on my ethics essay.

The whole interview lasted about 10 mins (excluding teaching presentation), compared to my previous interview of 30 mins(which failed), but i left the room with the feeling i got the job in the bag.

The HR did say that the next step would be the EPT.
I assume that would mean that if im shortlisted , i would be selected for the EPT.

For my last interview i wasnt asked to go for the EPT. My GP grade for A levels was 'B' and O levels was 'A2' for those who are wondering.

Anyway , its gonna be a long wait for me. Good luck all!

dedfswu

Reaction score
Hey guys, i just completed my interview last week.
It was really good(compared to my first interview). the interviewers were so nice. During my 5 min presentation, they didn't even interrupt me at all.
The interview was rather short and sweet , they just asked 4 questions.
Why do you want to teach?
what struggles do think you will expect to face when you teach?
Why a career switch from Engineering to teaching?
question on my ethics essay.

The whole interview lasted about 10 mins (excluding teaching presentation), compared to my previous interview of 30 mins(which failed), but i left the room with the feeling i got the job in the bag.

The HR did say that the next step would be the EPT.
I assume that would mean that if im shortlisted , i would be selected for the EPT.

For my last interview i wasnt asked to go for the EPT. My GP grade for A levels was 'B' and O levels was 'A2' for those who are wondering.

Anyway , its gonna be a long wait for me. Good luck all!

Hi Censium. Nice hear that interview went well. What subject did u applied for? And your interview was on which date?

veniceboat

Reaction score
hi all, just received an email about doing the EL EPT... would appreciate if anyone can share their experience here, thanks!

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.