The Official Football Manager 2018 Thread

cct75

Master Member
Reaction score
Do you guys load those Club Logos/Badges/Jerseys and Players graphics or simply play with whatever the game comes with?

cct75

Master Member
Reaction score
I always port over from previous fm then just update them when new one comes out.

U re-path it from the current year to the previous yeah (changing the folder name) or do you copy/move to the current year folder?

Kitty14

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just copy & paste your old graphics folder with logos, player faces etc. to the new FM19 folder. Problem solved

Sent from Xiaomi REDMI NOTE 3 using GAGT

FappingKing

High Honorary Member
Reaction score
No idea why my highlights are all lame long shots :s22:

Hazard instruction set to shoot way lesser, still takes 8,9 lame shots a game :s22:

cct75

Master Member
Reaction score
Just copy & paste your old graphics folder with logos, player faces etc. to the new FM19 folder. Problem solved

I have been doing this for the past editions but along the year, the downloads are now quite huge ... 15GB++ and if continue to download "newer" Facepacks and other updated graphics ...... it may sooner or later shoot to 20GB++ and above.

Copy and paste is no issue just take time and of course must ensure HDD got sufficient space.

Just wonder would it work by simply stop playing the previous edition (2018) and first rename the current edition (2019) to 2019-Temp then rename the 2018 to 2019. This would save the copy/move time.

jonnyboy91

Reaction score
I have been doing this for the past editions but along the year, the downloads are now quite huge ... 15GB++ and if continue to download "newer" Facepacks and other updated graphics ...... it may sooner or later shoot to 20GB++ and above.

Copy and paste is no issue just take time and of course must ensure HDD got sufficient space.

Just wonder would it work by simply stop playing the previous edition (2018) and first rename the current edition (2019) to 2019-Temp then rename the 2018 to 2019. This would save the copy/move time.
Are your fm folders not located in the same hdd? I just simply cut and paste over my graphics folder and delete fm18 folder.

I usually run fm the first time to let it generate the folders first. Transfer is instance since they are located in my same drive.

Sent from OnePlus ONEPLUS A6000 using GAGT

cct75

Master Member
Reaction score
Are your fm folders not located in the same hdd? I just simply cut and paste over my graphics folder and delete fm18 folder.

I usually run fm the first time to let it generate the folders first. Transfer is instance since they are located in my same drive.

Sent from OnePlus ONEPLUS A6000 using GAGT

Yes, they are the same. As I might still want to continue with FM18 for a while so either duplicate or play FM19 only when I decided that's it for FM19.

Why are we not starting a FM19 new thread? :s12:

cct75

Master Member
Reaction score
I realized I am so FM graphics crazy! The FM folder at my current Documents >Sports Interactive reads a total of 39GB!

ItsmeagainhK

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone got right back and AMC to recommend for Bournemouth ? Got 8m to spend for both position.

Kitty14

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes, they are the same. As I might still want to continue with FM18 for a while so either duplicate or play FM19 only when I decided that's it for FM19.

Why are we not starting a FM19 new thread? :s12:
If it is in the same Sports Interactive folder, just simply cut your current 'graphics' files and paste into the FM 1x 'graphics' folder you wanna play. Save much time and space on your PC

Last edited:

dorabee

Reaction score
All Bros who have played the Beta, is it a worthy upgrade to FM19 from the previous versions?

Kitty14

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
All Bros who have played the Beta, is it a worthy upgrade to FM19 from the previous versions?
Well it looks clean so far to me. I really like the new Training and Tactics screen. I purchased it to support SI Games Developpers every year :) (was only 24 US-Dollars for me)
This year the reviews on Steam is very positive on this game - Metascore at 87.
But FM17 or FM18 should be sufficient and you don't need to upgrade for now. Save your money and wait for FM20.

Last edited:

cct75

Master Member
Reaction score
If it is in the same Sports Interactive folder, just simply cut your current 'graphics' files and paste into the FM 1x 'graphics' folder you wanna play. Save much time and space on your PC

No. Fastest way is to rename the new 2019 folder to 201x then rename the 2018 to 2019. I do not even need to perform cut and paste.

FappingKing

High Honorary Member
Reaction score
oh fk my favourite first transfer is gone in the official version...

now transferring to Milan on 1st Jan 2019 :sad:

Kitty14

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
No. Fastest way is to rename the new 2019 folder to 201x then rename the 2018 to 2019. I do not even need to perform cut and paste.
This is another good solution, which could work.
Downloaded skins, editor files and saves from 2018 cannot be used in FM19 though.

Last edited:

cct75

Master Member
Reaction score
This is another good solution, which could work.
Downloaded skins, editor files and saves from 2018 cannot be used in FM19 though.

Just delete those contents. :s22:

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.