2018 iPad Pro

radiancez567

Reaction score
https://www.hardwarezone.com.sg/review-apple-ipad-pro-2018-review-apples-notebook-killer-here

HWZ Review...really need to find better writers man. The one point that screams out at me comes at the end.

"I haven’t had the chance to play around with it much but I did manage to import photos off my SD card using a USB SD card reader and a USB-C to USB-A adapter."

Then the change to the USB-C port is listed as a con as it has limitations? aren't you kinda contradicting yourself?

The inclusion of the USB-C port alone allows for so much more expansion and functionality. check out the review from The Verge, at least they tried with multiple dongles to see what worked and what didn't.

I think the HWZ "Review" can be a lot better.

Did you read the full article? It's packed with details and you've kind of disregarded those

Chevalier, this is the limitation mentioned in the article.

No, Apple has strict implementations on how the USB-C port should work and one of the restrictions is that you cannot connect external storage devices like USB flash drives or even USB external portable HDDs to it. This means that if you have to wirelessly transfer files and documents to the iPad Pro.

joshwong11

Reaction score
Did you read the full article? It's packed with details and you've kind of disregarded those

Ya lor this is a crippling restriction that limits the functionality of usb-c. Wonder if this is merely a software limitation and if simply future iOS update can add additional compatibilities

kEvinErd

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The review by HWZ also says that, "Orientation aside, Face ID also works at steeper angles and greater distances."

I wonder if this means we can lay the iPad flat down on the table and still unlock with Face ID without leaning over like an ostrich.

Last edited:

iNotion

Reaction score
I'm getting the Wifi model since i'm using my iPhone to hotspot it.

That's the thing..
I don't take photos or videos on the iPad.
I will normally put 4-5 movies if i'm flying. I will delete the movies when i'm back in Sg.
I'm not sure whether i will do a lot of photo editing or video editing on the iPad.
I will use the iPad for reading, browsing or playing some games.

So 64gb should be enough for my current usage.. but i kept thinking that 256gb is more "future proof" 😂

it depends on ur usage... if you're going with just wifi version not lte I suggest getting bigger space...

I use to think 64gb is more than enough for me... but my next IPP for sure will go next higher space.

spunkbrat

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Currently 128GB just nice for me, damage for 256GB+pencil+Applecare will be $2100 - that's really expensive for a tablet.

1TB seriously overkill.

rvyne7

Reaction score
I'm getting the Wifi model since i'm using my iPhone to hotspot it.

That's the thing..
I don't take photos or videos on the iPad.
I will normally put 4-5 movies if i'm flying. I will delete the movies when i'm back in Sg.
I'm not sure whether i will do a lot of photo editing or video editing on the iPad.
I will use the iPad for reading, browsing or playing some games.

So 64gb should be enough for my current usage.. but i kept thinking that 256gb is more "future proof" ��

:p movies size this days getting bigger and bigger... ya if you're thinking just for 4-5 movies then all good. I have both VLC and netflix installed on my phone... including 7gb music and 10gb+ manga so far my 64gb iphone is down to just few 5gb...

Chevalier

Master Member
Reaction score

Heya, I did read the entire article and i did see that portion but the summary just gives a wrong impression that the implementation of USB C is a negative thing.

In fact I read the summary first then I read the article cos I was curious why having USB C was a "con" when it clearly bring more functionality and flexibility over the lightning port.

*adiBOY

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Seems like the iPad is getting glowing reviews across the board. Kinda sad that all that power is being sandboxed within iOS itself.

Well iPad has always been the powerful brother of iPhone. This time it’s no different albeit a lot of differences in performance.

Anyway, you’ll see a much more powerful iOS in iOS 13. Stay tuned.

Chevalier

Master Member
Reaction score
Well iPad has always been the powerful brother of iPhone. This time it’s no different albeit a lot of differences in performance.

Anyway, you’ll see a much more powerful iOS in iOS 13. Stay tuned.

Looking forward to it man.

luckygal

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My Nephew is going down to buy with $$ given fm his mother aka my sister. But she is only sponsoring the ipad pro. So now he is dragging me along knowing how much I love him to get him the pencil and folio. Are the chances of getting it as in the ipad pro high? I dun want to spend time going down with him but no stock.

leobox1

Reaction score
eh can do store purchase tomorrow meh? I see apple online don't even have store pick up leh

luckygal

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
May I know if orchard or Somerset is nearer to Apple store? I seldom step into town

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.