Dilema between Mazda 3 Hatch vs Nissan Qashqai.

Instinct87

Reaction score
Thanks! Too many considerations on my mind. I've never driven a SUV/Crossover before and worried that it might disappoint from various angles.

I've owned a 2004 Mz3 Hatch before and got into an accident which is why it's hampering my decision. Abit "pan tang".

I would say both cars has its common problems, and would be largely be based on luck.

For practicality, go for Qashqai. It is higher, bigger boot space and more comfortable. Its presence would also be better. Considering that Qashqai is a very popular model, and it also shares a lot of parts with Renault, I would say spare parts (or even aftermarket upgrades) can be easily obtained.

For budget and better drive, go for the Mazda 3. SUVs/Crossovers cost of parts and its maintenance tend to be higher (i.e. bigger tyres, additional cost for car wash/paint protection, parts tend to be more expensive than their sedan/hatchback counterparts). Being smaller, they tend to be lighter and more fuel efficient.

HondaJG

Reaction score
Thanks! Too many considerations on my mind. I've never driven a SUV/Crossover before and worried that it might disappoint from various angles.

I've owned a 2004 Mz3 Hatch before and got into an accident which is why it's hampering my decision. Abit "pan tang".
simi accident?

trento

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Small cc with turbo usually will have low end torque as the turbo is set to kick in earlier.

High compression engine is stressing the engine higher so as to gain better efficiency.

pretty much explains it

Spinningring

Reaction score
How much did u pay for your Mz3 hatch?

I paid $82k during car expo. I didn't take 5 year warrenty or 3 yr servicing and $500 service credit or petrol voucher so got additional 2k discount off from $84k. Freebies solar film, dual channel cam, car air purifier or vacuum and brila body coat.

Reaction score
I paid $82k during car expo. I didn't take 5 year warrenty or 3 yr servicing and $500 service credit or petrol voucher so got additional 2k discount off from $84k. Freebies solar film, dual channel cam, car air purifier or vacuum and brila body coat.
Err y u dun wanna the warranty thing ?

Instinct87

Reaction score
Oh..bo hua leh. I think warranty is important.. but its individual ba. Anyway, the price is super attractive. The only thing that will scale my decision is the price. 😁😁

Spinningring

Reaction score
Oh..bo hua leh. I think warranty is important.. but its individual ba. Anyway, the price is super attractive. The only thing that will scale my decision is the price. 😁😁

Cos the warrenty only cover engine n gearbox. No electrical parts. No wear and tear part. I dislike long waiting time at service center too.

cscs3

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys for the sharing and opinions.

I've spent the last 1.5hrs reading through reviews and it's true that QQ indeed has some issues. Overall rating for QQ was 2.1/5 while the Mz3 came in with 4.2/5.

If anyone has other opinions, do feel free to share as well. Thanks.

That's model b4 facelite QQ I believed.
New QQ should be fined. If price is not a major concern, QQ is a bigger car and better fuel efficient.

M3 newer batch has compression ration tune down to meet new emission standard. Fuel effecient is not as good as previous. Is a small car, if travel with family often then is not a good choice.

Instinct87

Reaction score
Oh..but the catalogue still mention that Mz3's compression is still 14:1 which is still high.

Any experiences with the QQ?

That's model b4 facelite QQ I believed.
New QQ should be fined. If price is not a major concern, QQ is a bigger car and better fuel efficient.

M3 newer batch has compression ration tune down to meet new emission standard. Fuel effecient is not as good as previous. Is a small car, if travel with family often then is not a good choice.

Instinct87

Reaction score
When i test drove it, it seems pretty torque at the low end. I think it's sufficient for daily commuting.

As for trade in discounts, i believe they have. Almost all agents have actually.

1.2 turbo is it underpower? By the way, does nissan has trade in discount?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.