Official MIO TV Thread.......

Conquitus

Reaction score
I have a problem with mio tv. When switching channels, it will randomly freeze up for 30 seconds or more with the error "television signal is lost" before recovering.

Also, it seems that the wifi on my ap router loses its internet connection when mio tv box is turned on

Anyone have a solution for this

gaoxingdcf

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
did anyone use SingTel's HomePNA?

Am kinda interesting in using the HomePNA for my upcoming SingTel switch over from both M1 and StarHub

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Router issue, might wanna try resetting it. If not can call for router exchange. Of cos, your set TOP box might be faulty too..

I have a problem with mio tv. When switching channels, it will randomly freeze up for 30 seconds or more with the error "television signal is lost" before recovering.

Also, it seems that the wifi on my ap router loses its internet connection when mio tv box is turned on

Anyone have a solution for this

Shion

Senior Mentor
Reaction score
Channel 230 Discovery Kids
Channel 262 Eve (HD)
cease wef 31/10/18

Jas007

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
@ SingTel
reg Mio TV remote ... what frequency range is it operating at ?
i’ve been trying to pair to Broadlink universal remote for smart home automation but cannot do so
i’ve no
issues with other devices TV, etc

RocketBunny

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
what do i need to return when i terminate my fibre broadband service and mio tv?

do you have a list?

thank you

WWE_Fan

Reaction score
what do i need to return when i terminate my fibre broadband service and mio tv?

do you have a list?

thank you

Have you called the hotline? I think it takes a couple of days for processing.
Then you need to return the settop box, power cable and remote control at designated outlets.
I think your optical network router needs to be returned also.

RocketBunny

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Have you called the hotline? I think it takes a couple of days for processing.
Then you need to return the settop box, power cable and remote control at designated outlets.
I think your optical network router needs to be returned also.
Yeah have called. Thanks!

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
can elaborate please ...
not following you lol

I think he is saying Mio TV Box is from Motorola and maybe your remote has some kind of profile settings for Motorola set top boxes and you can try that.

Google found a few questions like yours in this forum and nobody gets it working as far as I searched.

Jas007

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ic
DVR set top box ... not sure if it’s Motorola
but for sure it’s using rolling codes

Buzztiger

Reaction score
Anyone using Singtel 1GBPS Fiber broadband and Fiber TV bundle ? They share same connection right ? Does Fiber TV use up alot of bandwidth ? I play online FPS games and I am afraid that it will cause my game to lag when my other family members are watching TV at same time. Does this happen ?

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Your game lags could be due to latency, not bandwidth.

To singtel tv content itself don’t need a lot of bandwidth and moreover you’re using 1gbps..

Anyone using Singtel 1GBPS Fiber broadband and Fiber TV bundle ? They share same connection right ? Does Fiber TV use up alot of bandwidth ? I play online FPS games and I am afraid that it will cause my game to lag when my other family members are watching TV at same time. Does this happen ?

Singtel

Featured Sponsor
Reaction score
Hi Buzztiger, you are right that Singtel TV shares the fibre bandwidth.

However, we agree with what renfred89 shared, that low latency is more important, but do bear in mind that is dependent on various factors such as location of the game server and whether you are on a wired or wireless connection.

If you wish to enjoy a dedicated gaming experience, our new 1+1Gbps Fibre Pro Gamer Bundle is something you may want to consider.

Your game lags could be due to latency, not bandwidth.

To singtel tv content itself don’t need a lot of bandwidth and moreover you’re using 1gbps..

skytan13

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Quick Question for the SingTel rep.
If i am using m1 fiber possible i subscribe to Singtel TV. without changing isp ?

Singtel

Featured Sponsor
Reaction score
Hi skytan13,

Yes, you can subscribe to only Singtel TV without subscribing to our fibre broadband service. However, our service engineer will still be installing a Singtel router to connect to the set-top box to provide Singtel TV content. You can learn more about our Singtel TV packs here and call 1609 to sign up.

Thanks.

Quick Question for the SingTel rep.
If i am using m1 fiber possible i subscribe to Singtel TV. without changing isp ?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.