Help with small desktop speakers

Createlink

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I am looking towards getting small desktop speakers (ones without sub woofers) because of limited space on my desk. Currently considering either Logitech Z121/Z120 or Creative Pebble.
Leaning towards pebble more because it looks nicer imo but it does cost more than twice the price of the logitech one, especially since Z121 will be on sale during 11.11 but pebble isn't.
So my question is, does anyone own both/used both before? Are there large differences in sound and build quality? And are there any other notable options that you think are good as well?
Thank you in advance for your help!

InvincibleTofu

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I am looking towards getting small desktop speakers (ones without sub woofers) because of limited space on my desk. Currently considering either Logitech Z121/Z120 or Creative Pebble.
Leaning towards pebble more because it looks nicer imo but it does cost more than twice the price of the logitech one, especially since Z121 will be on sale during 11.11 but pebble isn't.
So my question is, does anyone own both/used both before? Are there large differences in sound and build quality? And are there any other notable options that you think are good as well?
Honestly with speakers so small your limitation is physics and not really cost.

Just pick whichever one you like.

HolyInnocents

Reaction score
how about monitors with built-in speakers? if you aren't too concerned w the quality and if ur monitor is old can consider changing

algerr

Master Member
Reaction score
How about edifier luna e25 hd ? Cost $219 - buy from cybermind.

It's 2.0 bookshelf speakers... You can Google for reviews on YouTube.

Or if u on tight budget..can go for creative speakers.

Think there's a new speaker - creative stage air..

https://sg.creative.com/p/speakers/creative-stage-air

Good luck..

Sent from Nokia 8250 using GAGT

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

Budget?
Either Logitech z150
or grab a sound bar.

Createlink

Reaction score
Thanks everyone for your opinions!

@invincibletofu yea i guess i couldn't go too wrong with that. both speakers seem to have good reviews for it at least.

@HolyInnocents Just bought the monitor last month (W270 Prism+)as i am currently gathering my parts to built a desktop, so i don't think I will change it anytime soon. Sadly it doesn't have inbuilt speakers.

@Entry Level PC hmm my budget would be below 100 i guess, i don't need those ultra bass kind, but I would like a bit of bass for balance. I read reviews saying logitech z120 seems to be lacking in bass and the pebble quite balanced, but was trying to gather first hand opinions from people who own both.

@eric3743@Illusionist_85@algerr thanks! ill look into it

86technie

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Such speaker, you can't have high expectations like studio monitor speaker.
I have the Logitech Z120, so far OK.
Bass and vocal are decent and it is USB powered so don't need for AC.

As for Creative speaker, I would say get other brand.
I used to have the SBS series 2.0, it died less than a year old.
Bass wise Logitech still is the better choice.

CrispyPeddler

Reaction score
waoh. al this nice recommendation. i have m.2 swanspeaker and im ready to get rid of it (using it for 3 years). trying to go clean desk + minimalist style.

probably gonna go for logitech z150..any thoughts on the speaker? :D:D

Runez

Master Member
Reaction score
using razer leviathan soundbar, awesome sound for game and movies

and its compact!

Reaction score
waoh. al this nice recommendation. i have m.2 swanspeaker and im ready to get rid of it (using it for 3 years). trying to go clean desk + minimalist style.

probably gonna go for logitech z150..any thoughts on the speaker? :D:D

Youtube is your best friend.

CrispyPeddler

Reaction score

yea.. the reason im getting rid of my swanspeaker is because of that bulky square stuff (subwoofer)...and normally i turn bass to minimal also..thinking of getting something simple and less clutter

Youtube is your best friend.

yea. gonna read some review and decide =). creative pebble and edifier r190u seems recommended by pcworld...

*sorry to hijack TS thread

Last edited:

wwenze

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
iLoud micro monitor if price no issue

Bose Companion 2 if price is issue

Creative T40/T20 if price really is issue

Whatever you can afford if price reeeeeeeeeeally is issue

Psycovirus

Reaction score
Creative Stage Air

How about new sound bar from Crearive?

lQR8cgGl.png

$59. Simple, has Bluetooth, so that's a bonus

Sent from Samsung SM-G965F using GAGT

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.