[Official] Diablo 3 Thread - Part 16

Swordsman

Banned
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Spoke to a female colleague during lunch. She said she pre registered for Diablo immortal already.

She's aware its going be pay to win concept.

She said she spent about usd$3k on a prev mobile game. But she felt it's peanuts compared to her friend, who spent $30k on it.

With potential customers like this, why would Blizzard want to give a **** to us, e so call die hard fans?

goodbye gaming. all good things must come to an end..

no way im going to spend usd 3k or 30k on a mobile game.

not in this timeline, reality, plane of existence.

Tobecontinue

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Online multiplayer mobile gaming is p2w. At least all the famous one that is.

Swordsman

Banned
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
one of the rare journalist article that actually gets its:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/erikka...roblems-with-this-diablo-immortal-fiasco/amp/

#justsharing

Let’s conjure a metaphor. Imagine going to a restaurant that’s been hyping this amazing steak dinner. Everyone is excited for this dinner but when they get there, the waiter tells them sorry we don’t have steak but it’s still going to be a great dinner, just wait and see. Then they bring out steamed veggies.

The customers are upset. They were expecting steak, and if not steak they were expecting a meal still and yet all they’re given is steamed veggies. “Is this a joke?” one asks.

Now imagine that these customers are told they’re exhibiting signs of “toxic masculinity” and that they’re just “entitled” crybabies who need to shut up and go home. The restaurant has every right to make steamed veggies and if they’re just patient, down the road they’ll also have steak. Headlines make much ado over these entitled restaurant goers who can’t just shut up and eat their broccoli.

I’m sorry but if this sounds crazy to you, welcome to the gaming industry where we’re routinely given broccoli and told to chew, promises of steak be damned.

delay

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

then they also dont want you - they got a 30k customer
its mutual haha

like casinio , they only take care of those who pay to play

deepblue_82

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Well.. in truth funds for d3 pc has dried up.. well mobile pay to win is very big.. and I am back playing d2....

deepblue_82

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I have reg my diablo 2 key with bnet.. .. after then I install the game via my cds tried to connect to bnet it says my cd key is claimed on bnet... anyone can help?

idjekyll

Reaction score
You know what? It's fanboyism rearing it's ugly head again. if a developer gives you the middle finger then move on. there's so much alternatives nowadays and plenty of other developers that are worthy of your hard earn cash. end of the day its just business and businesses go where the money is.

Tobecontinue

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I have reg my diablo 2 key with bnet.. .. after then I install the game via my cds tried to connect to bnet it says my cd key is claimed on bnet... anyone can help?

Lmao go talk to blizzard customer service la. We not working for blizz how to help u with that

Swordsman

Banned
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
then they also dont want you - they got a 30k customer
its mutual haha

like casinio , they only take care of those who pay to play

so be it.

i got many much better things to spend on with 30k.

delay

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
diablo 3 switch went on sale and was immediately sold out
guess diablo mobile is going to be super popular

Brionic

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
diablo 3 switch went on sale and was immediately sold out
guess diablo mobile is going to be super popular

Yes it is, the ones who are pissed off are the core fans which make up a minority, the casual players are the majority and they don't care as long as the game is fun. All those people you see pressing their phones while waiting in public transport, those are Blizzard's target now.

zensushi

Reaction score
When D3 was launched, auction house felt so wrong.

I must be one of the very few players who enjoyed the Auction House then? :o

It was like playing two games: one slasher-RPG & the other a trading platform. :s22:

Brionic

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The AH and RMAH was one of the pull factors that made D3 really popular back then. Almost everyone was playing D3, but Blizzard could not stop the botters/hackers/3rd party sellers from monopolizing it, which is why they removed it. That was when players start to quit.

ROS looked promising but then they decided to turn the title towards console/mobile for the casual players. It was fun at first but godly items became easily farmable and there was no more trading/interactions. It became more of a single player game which is hella boring. What a wasted opportunity...

Last edited:

Rogue

Reaction score
The AH and RMAH was one of the pull factors that made D3 really popular back then. Almost everyone was playing D3, but Blizzard could not stop the botters/hackers/3rd party sellers from monopolizing it, which is why they removed it. That was when players start to quit.

ROS looked promising but then they decided to turn the title towards console/mobile for the casual players. It was fun at first but godly items became easily farmable and there was no more trading/interactions. It became more of a single player game which is hella boring. What a wasted opportunity...

RMAH is removed due to financial regulation as they receive a warning letter from the government... https://www.fincen.gov/sites/default/files/shared/FIN-2013-G001.pdf.

They can't comply to very strict rules in order to prevent money laundering or terror financing so they shutdown RMAH...

All games become boring in the end. What you mentioned are just excuses and only one thing matter, content update. Only RoS and then nothing (A single class patch is not enough to extend playability by years).

Same for Diablo 2 (Nostalgia or "good" game does not mean someone can play the game continuously for years). Young gamers, born after its release date, will find the game graphics dated and only some might endure one story playthrough. Most will move on to the latest modern "shallow" games in mere months after grinding in diablo 2. Circa 2018+

So here we are, almost 5 years and no new content... Not even Diablo 4...

deepblue_82

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Actually they did add new content and class... the nec.... just that each time u have to pay for a new class...

RMAH is removed due to financial regulation as they receive a warning letter from the government... https://www.fincen.gov/sites/default/files/shared/FIN-2013-G001.pdf.

They can't comply to very strict rules in order to prevent money laundering or terror financing so they shutdown RMAH...

All games become boring in the end. What you mentioned are just excuses and only one thing matter, content update. Only RoS and then nothing (A single class patch is not enough to extend playability by years).

Same for Diablo 2 (Nostalgia or "good" game does not mean someone can play the game continuously for years). Young gamers, born after its release date, will find the game graphics dated and only some might endure one story playthrough. Most will move on to the latest modern "shallow" games in mere months after grinding in diablo 2. Circa 2018+

So here we are, almost 5 years and no new content... Not even Diablo 4...

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.